Rate the Unit, Day 17: Dorothy

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

Bors: 1.14

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Lot: 5.40

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Chad: 6.42

Saul: 7.18

Clarine: 7.78

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Rutger: 9.61

no special comments today, have ats

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better growths than Wolt.

Better bases, and con than Wolt.

But, come later than Wolt and costs a spot, but thats not a point here.

She can promote at lvl 10 to become min-Klein, I believe.

And, her support list is just mediocre.

And, being plain looking isn't that bad.

Plain looking female archers, with higher con and str/spd growths.

I guess 2/10

And, thats generous

Damn wyverns

Edited by The Insane One

So, FE6 is a bit kinder to archers than the other GBA games. There's legitimate reason to use them, since wyverns are an all too common enemy type and there's only so much wyrmslayer to go around (and you want to save most of your S-weapons for the lategame). Dorothy comes along at a decent time to contribute at Chapter 5, allowing for chip damage, and even an easier time on the first two wyverns you see in ch7. She has good growths in offensive stats, not great but workable bases, and after a while will start doubling. As an archer, she has obvious enemy phase problems, but her usefulness can often outweigh this. Not going to tackle who groups of enemies by herself of course, but that's not what archers are for.

5/10

Above avg for an archer, but still an archer. She has surprisingly good Con, but she doesn't have the Con tio wield axes.

Saul-pports are nice, but more for him.

She reminds me of Vanilla Pudding.

Definitely better than Wolt; and can at least be dealing pain on the wyverns if used for the long run.

And Toothache already mentioned most...

Hence...

5/10. Decent bases and offensive growths, and she can shoot wyverns out of the sky, which is nice since wyrmslayers are rare. Too bad her only support that I'd consider decent is slow...

EDIT: Bumping up rating by a point for bias so it becomes 6/10.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Bases are eesh, but assuming you're using her she'll actually turn out slightly better than the prepromotes (assuming casual here. not a chance in hell in efficient). Even in a temporary-use environment, she can serve some use as accurate chip and is pretty useful in C7 due to those godforsaken wyverns.

If trained her stats aren't actually that bad, and FE6 is pretty nice to bows. Probably wouldn't be used in efficient play, but outside of that she isn't that bad.

I like the girl. I like she isn't lol loli or superhawt like 90% of the female cast. It's refreshing to see a plain girl once in a while. I like that she actually has the con to rescue Saul. I like her in general. So I'll give her a bias.

4+1 = 5/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Bases are eesh, but assuming you're using her she'll actually turn out slightly better than the prepromotes (assuming casual here. not a chance in hell in efficient). Even in a temporary-use environment, she can serve some use as accurate chip and is pretty useful in C7 due to those godforsaken wyverns.

If trained her stats aren't actually that bad, and FE6 is pretty nice to bows. Probably wouldn't be used in efficient play, but outside of that she isn't that bad.

I like the girl. I like she isn't lol loli or superhawt like 90% of the female cast. It's refreshing to see a plain girl once in a while. I like that she actually has the con to rescue Saul. I like her in general. So I'll give her a bias.

4+1 = 5/10.

TBH, I kinda like her as well.

Not very great bases, but those growths. They are great. 85% HP, 50% Str, and 45% Skl and Spd. Much better than Wolt on near enough every stat besides skill, lolluck, and defense (only 5% though).

You would do well to raise her and promote her relatively early just for the sake of the extra great promo gains and +1 Move and Con.

Worthy of a good 50% n my books, considering she's an archer and all.

I just realised how many bow users there are in this game. Crazy.

Edited by Raven

She is okay I guess. Better balanced than Wolt, even though her bases still suck. Although Dorothy is better in the long run, it is an irritation that Dorothy comes at level 3, but Sue comes at level 1 and is still more immediately usable than her. The usual archer plague of no enemy phase does hurt her a lot, and she probably doesn't exist in efficiency.

4/10

She's alright. Average overall but at least has the advantage of plinking wyverns and being marginally more salvageable than Wolt. Her supports are about as unspectacular as his though she does at least have Saul at 20+2. She doesn't exactly need or want Saul and he doesn't exactly need or want her, but if you're using the two of them what else are you gonna do? Might as well.

Hell, I think she's kinda cute, even. Don't judge me.

I suppose about a 4.5/10 is fair. She falls by the wayside in a lot of playstyles but she's okay against the wyverns if she's used.

4/10

She is better than Wolt, but she is still an archer. Pretty low bases though. And Sue comes soon after and has better moves and somewhat better stats IIRC. Her support with Saul is nice though and if you stick with her she can harm some wyverns.

you'd think she's better than wolt but bases pretty much indicate otherwise 2/10

assuming Wolt is used? because then yeah, he'd probably be better.

She has better long term potential that Wolt, but those bases are abysmal. She really depends on those 1st few levels you give her on Ch. 7

3/10

Edited by Mage Lord

Hell, I think she's kinda cute, even. Don't judge me.

Well, I think she's sorta cute as well.

Her supports are about as unspectacular as his though she does at least have Saul at 20+2. She doesn't exactly need or want Saul and he doesn't exactly need or want her, but if you're using the two of them what else are you gonna do? Might as well.

She is better than Wolt, but she is still an archer. Pretty low bases though. And Sue comes soon after and has better moves and somewhat better stats IIRC. Her support with Saul is nice though and if you stick with her she can harm some wyverns.

Well, the Saul support is fast, but sadly, that's about all it has going for it, if you ask me...

Terrible bases, archer, on foot... emot-frogout.gif

She doesn't even get a horse for rescue chains and the extra movement like Sue/Shin. Aside from CON, HP and RES, Dorothy loses everything else on base compared to Sue, and the latter is a lower level! Simply terrible. I really don't see why she's getting 5s and such. ...At least she can chip in Ch. 6 due to being free deployment, but she gets doubled so much without an Iron Bow...

2/10

I tend to like bow-users more than the average FE player; but then again, I also try to have an Anima/Dark/Light trio at all times.

While her bases aren't anything spectaculer, her growths are pretty good, she can be useful against the large number of wyverns roaming around, and she has a fast support with a pretty decent healer. That would, for me, warrant her a 6.5/10, after a 1-point bias upwards.

However, this games offer much better bow-users, namely Sue and, most importantly, Shin. Not only do they have higher movement, but are also more capable of rescuing, weilding swords after promotion, and in Shin's case, getting HM bonuses.

Because of that, I can't see Dorothy being too useful. She's definetly usable, but for those who like Bows, FE6 has much better choices.

I give her 5 on total.

2/10

May as well get some use out of Dorothy in the chapter she joins in, but why bother otherwise? Her bases are scarcely better than Wolt's, yet she joins five chapters later. Better growth potential isn't much of a point when you're only chipping away at enemies on the player phase.

She's alright. Doesn't cost a deployment spot in the chapter you get her, has better growths than Wolt, and can help handle the wyverns in the next chapter. She's not as useful as Sue nor Shin, but she's competent.

5/10.

dorothy really sucks

just like every gbafe foot archer

Her growths really don't matter when her bases are horrendous and she doesn't even get the free earlygame deployment Wolt has where he can not suck. Most FE games are really just dumb about growth archers. FE6 is one of them.

0.5/10

Edited by Dirk Strider