FE4 - Rate The Unit XXXV

CT075

guess this is my job now

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Lester: 6.59

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Celice: 9.54

---

Day 35, Dimna

haven't used him more than once but that one time he got himself killed on chapter 6; i don't trust myself to rate properly

Edited by Camtech

(Only until Friday night, hopefully)

He can attack from range and canto away. He also has the awesomeness that is Pursuit, so he's going to be doubling a decent amount of the time.

Worse then Lester. 4/10.
-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Try again.

My rating: 5.75/10

Edited by Octavian

(Only until Friday night, hopefully)

He can attack from range and canto away. He also has the awesomeness that is Pursuit, so he's going to be doubling a decent amount of the time.

Try again.

My rating: 6/10

I mean, I'm not saying that because he's not Lester he's worse, or because getting him doesn't get you Lester. Sorry that I didn't make that clear.

oh my god i'm mad

poor dimna isn't going to get a good rating

good thing he has pursuit at least

but seriously, what the fuck is wrong with his growths, they're like the worst thing ever

also he's bowlocked, and that's not that great in gen 2

and he starts with little money and an iron bow, not getting any good bows until chapter 8 ends, and by then Leaf might want one of them.

also i don't like him i think he looks funny and he probably smells bad so -1 bias

2/10

Dumbna! His event is nice, but he doesn't get a decent bow until chapter 8. Pursuit may help him double, but his speed's so poor, he'll stop doubling very quickly.

2.5/10

Dumbna

i am tempted to exercise my temporary nullification powers on this; dimna's name already hints at how bright he is and therefore doesn't require further mocking/ripping up.

:B):

Dimna is... shit. He can't ORKO because of Bows (unless its those Drackonights). His growths are just suck, and he can't get any new bows because subs get like no money. At least he has Pursuit though.

2/10

He's good compared to other scrubstitutes (love this term) with horse and Pursuit and stuff but that huge lack of bow selection...

4.5/10

edit: bumped him up a bit. cant have him be worse than lakche...

Edited by Mekkah

He's similar to Tristan - a "fixable" bad horse unit, and if fixed he is good enough to be slightly relevant. He needs his +5 strength event (which costs the couple of turns it takes to liberate Isaac which would otherwise certainly be skipped in all-subs) and either a speed ring or RNG abuse to get a few speed-ups. Even with that he will putter along being pure player phase and will rarely or never be one of your danced units.

4.5/10

Awww come on guys, Pursuit by itself is automatically something a lot of other subs - especially mounted subs - can't claim to have easily. His growths are bad, but he gets an event that gives him a bunch more STR, so his "true" base STR (at the half mark of ch6) is only a little worse than Oifaye's and better than Tristan's. He needs a little help, but what subs don't? Precious few, and many of the things Dimna wants are things that aren't as contentious. And he has an effective monopoly on the good bows when they do turn up. Also, and this is kind of funny, but Dimna has the best DEF growth of the subs, tied with luminaries like Aless and Shanan. Granted, he's not quite up to their level on every other front, but his durability could certainly be a hell of a lot worse and it makes him an okay lure. His SPD growth causes major issues eventually, but he can be fixed and I've found him to be at least reliable at what he does, which ain't bad to say about a substitute. Still, if he isn't fixed he's pretty bad.

5.5/10

Edited by Renall

Dimna's pretty okay. That STR event at Isaac is pretty helpful, and he can get his ass to it even in max speed celstomp.

Plus pony and pursuit and the fact that I like him more than Tristan and he'll get a pretty good

5/10

My main problems with him are that he is bow locked and does not have access to any good bows until much, much later. He also has pretty bad growths. But he has pony and pursuit, so that is a plus.

4/10

Edited by Bee

Dimna's pretty okay. That STR event at Isaac is pretty helpful, and he can get his ass to it even in max speed celstomp.

Max speed celstomp won't seize Isaac at all unless I'm mistaken, there aren't any yellow blocks or neutral NPCs to block you from just going straight at the boss. And in all-subs it takes about a thousand extra turns to recruit Johan over Johalva since you can't warp Radney, so you can't seize it indirectly either.

Max speed celstomp won't seize Isaac at all unless I'm mistaken, there aren't any yellow blocks or neutral NPCs to block you from just going straight at the boss. And in all-subs it takes about a thousand extra turns to recruit Johan over Johalva since you can't warp Radney, so you can't seize it indirectly either.

You're not always going to do that though, and in a Substitutes game doing a full-bore Celice-Roll of ch6 may not be advisable. Sure, the other side of the coin is you can argue there's no reason not to do it if all you have are subs, but that sort of goes against the spirit of a substitute run ranking to me.

Chapter 8 is much, much later?

It means for the two chapters when he could have actually done something, he can't do much since he is stuck with that iron bow. He will only really have chapter 9 to kill some dragons. After that the chapters become too mage infested for me to feel save bringing Dimna (or even Lester) out there.

Right, I always forget that you don't *have* to seize one of Isaac or theotherplace.

Dimna, you have a nice event that gives you +5 strength which is excellent and a nice base speed of 9 with pursuit. Unfortunately, he has a 20% growth in speed which he will feel later in chapters where he's only attacking once. I assume he's getting a speed ring, so that somewhat nullifies his speed problem. He's stuck with the plain bows until the chapters other people have mentioned(I don't remember the chapters exactly), unlike Lester who has those special bows right in his pocket.

And I just don't like Dimna, right from his name down to the way he looks.

3/10. A horse and pursuit doesn't save him from my judging eyes.

Dimna, huh. Let's see how I'm going to start this... He's just fucking absolutely terrible. Can't hurt shit for all I care; can't survive hits for all I care; can't counter shit and survive/or kill the enemy unit for all I care; is completely useless when compared to anyone that isn't Paty/Daisy or that hitman from Conote dude.

He may be of some help in Chapter 6, but expect him to fail a lot at Chapter 7 when he gets countered by Dark Mages/gets hit by far ranged tomes/fights the other mages and Javelin!Armors army. Oh yes, and he will become Wyvern food by Chapter 8 if he isn't babysited properly (either by leveling him up or protecting him).

0/10, with a negative bias point.