Rate the Unit, Day 24: Barth

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

Bors: 1.14

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Treck: 4.66

Lot: 5.40

Sue: 5.64

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Rutger: 9.61

headcanon says his last name is buzzcut, fyi

also we're slightly deviating from the recruitment page for a few days to present a special present to luka <3

Hahaha... Oh, Integ. I was so looking forward to ripping into Wendy, but oh well.

2/10. That joining time is simply unfortunate, and awful luck doesn't help his tanking capabilities one bit (and for that matter, mages eat him for breakfast). To top it off, awful skill makes it so that he struggles to hit.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Barth "Barf" Buzzcut; is the second armor in this game; who happens to have Armor Knight bases with OMGWTF HP/STR/DEF growths; but has very icky SKL/SPD/LCK/RES growths.

He also has icky crit evade; which means he can get critted anytime; and also; he suffers from the curse of being an Armor Knight; having lol4MOV in a GBA game with OMGhuge maps. Oh; and mages turn him into their dinner; as well as joining before an axefest.

Although he can tank in his joining chapter; just... don't expect him to be on there in time at his destination though.

1.5/10

Edited by Frostbite

Can't keep up with your units and his bad skill isn't helping him hit much either. Low speed as usual for an armor butt he has pretty good Str and Def iirc.

3/10

If there's three things Buzzcut hates, it's assuming your family members are still alive, walls, and having a variable amount of HP. I give him props for actually doing what an armour knight's supposed to do, but he suffers from "only Shin can lug his fat ass around" syndrome. His move only exacerbates his OSCLHFAA. He is fairly close to promotion and serving as a stone wall until enemies get fast enough to double him regularly. If you want to use an armour knight in FE6, he's your best choice.

4.5/10

2/10

Decent HP/STR/DEF but terrible in everything else. His main problem is the lovely low move, meaning he will never be there when you need him.

This exactly. He hates the shit outta walls, but the only reason he's any good at hitting them is because they can't move, and the only reason he's not worried about the wall hitting back is because Walls cannot attack. However, at least he has HP/STR/DEF going for him. Unlike some people who shall remain nameless, spawn with him, are female, and are also Armor Knights.

1.5/10 Barth is an Armor in FE6, which means he's HILARIOUSLY shitty. At the very least he can hurt shit in his debut chapter and tank, which is more than Bors and Wendy can claim, but he still has shit move in a game with large maps.

He does have the lowest growth in the game though 2% Res.

Now support wise, Barth actually works pretty well. He has the Ice affinity which boosts his Hit, Evasion, Crit Evade and Defense, he supports with Astol (Dark) Wendy (Fire) Oujay and Bors (Wind) and Lilina (Light) I mean he actually has affinities that boost his low hit, they ALL work for him. It's just that he sucks so much that he will NEVER BE OF USE!

Still lets get some Barth images

28mk39f.png

WHY?!

n1e5wp.png

Gattai!

24pjn82.png

I will never be this cool in game

Edited by Onmi

-Good str/def/hp Base and growths

-Shit everything else

-10/1 Barth isn't that bad for the isles

-Can punch walls to let OJ loose, or vice versa

--His 20/1 Stats are close to Douglas's

3.5/10

Barely salvageable.

A knight with knight symptoms.

And a wierd looking mugshot.

fe6 doesn't have a niche for him unlike fe7's Oswin.

1.25. Saving my 1 for Wendy.

Can sorta tank in that place with the chests when reinforcements come from around his spawnpoint, being kept alive by Vulns so Wendy doesn't die if you care about having everyone alive including the scrubbiest of scrubs thanks to his decent HP/DEF stats. STR isn't too shabby either, but every other stat is. FE6 isn't very forgiving to armour knights, as many enemies actually don't have extremely shitty speed. While a promotion could make him useful on the isles, he's taking a highly-contested Knight Crest to do so. He's incredibly slow and he's never double ever, and he's stuck at 4 move until promotion.

At least he's a proper armour knight with an actual def stat who can actually somewhat tank. Aka that one instance in C8 then likely bench.

2/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

either lancestuck in axefest or early promotion. I'm a statjunky, meaning I'd never promote early.

next to that, armors are horrible in FE6, they get doubled by everything even with capped speed.

2/10

Moderately tanky against physical attacks, but enemy Atk in this game is so high that he still takes completely unreasonable amounts of damage all in all, and mages utterly destroy him. He can eat a knight proof to do a bit better, but those are in very high demand long before you can buy them and still don't make him anything I'd call "decent".

Slightly more salvagable than the other non-Douglas armors, but that's about it. At least he actually survives a few physical hits.

2.5/10. +0.1 bias for having funny growths (wtf100% HP, lol2% Res).

-> 2.6/10

either lancestuck in axefest or early promotion. I'm a statjunky, meaning I'd never promote early.

next to that, armors are horrible in FE6, they get doubled by everything even with capped speed.

2/10

p. sure even in HM, there aren't many (if any) enemies even lategame with 25+ AS (aka enough to double an armor with capped speed)

we even have HM stats here on this very site!

EDIT:

09:57 dondon not even heroes have that much spd

09:57 dondon they have like 22 AS

Anyway, 1/10; lol@being an armor in these huuuuuge maps with poor martial stats

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Barth Vader comes in and you can tell from the Sith Lord's suit that he's a goddamn Armor Knight. 25 HP / 14 Def with 10 Str, then 100% HP, 60% Str, and 40% Def growths? That's pretty solid.

Heh, get it?

Barth comes at a very poor time though. See, when we got Bors, we were wishing for something like Barth. Instead, we got something Grandjackal loves to hype. By this point, we need mobility in the chapter. Ironic, really, that Ostia is known for its defense and makes its rooms so fucking huge that it would take years to get from outside to the throne. His low Skill is a minor deterrent while were still in Ostia... But that changes quickly in the Western Isles.

Honestly, this is probably the one game where AKs could get Swords, as otherwise he would be decent in the Isles. Unfortunately he's either stuck at WTD or with inaccurate axes.

As for his durability, it can get questionable with his Spd; however, remember that enemies need sky high Atk to do significant damage. For example, Wyvern Lords have roughly 40 Atk, which would do 36 damage to a 20/1 Barth. Then you have Nomadic Troopers that are lucky to even dent him. Still, having little avoid and little CEV doesn't help either, and Bern's army is rather "skilled". Don't forget Mages... Who pretty much wreck his shit thanks to his 1 base Res and 2% growth. They're usually quick enough to double too. So if Barth encounters Mages, be prepared to see Barth fried more than Anakin when he fell into the lava after battling Obi...

For minor extra credit he can early promote, but why be a cockblock to Alan and Lance? Not to mention he has so much Con he can wield Devil Axe with no AS loss, which leaves... Yeah... People carrying him is a greater issue than the Great Gonzales.

Still, 4 Mov AK with a poor join time, sort of right stat output but lack of CEV makes him a terrible tank. I almost think Rutger makes a better tank than Barth sometimes... Sadly, the force is weak with this one.

1.52/10, with a +.02 bias for at least following the class curriculum. I would love to rate him higher than Lilina, but even that seems impossible.

Edited by Colonel M

2/10

He's probably the best unpromoted armor in the game, but that's not saying much. FE6 is not very kind to armors, but at least he only needs to gain one level before he can promote and become a mini Douglas of sorts.

Oh Barf. Thinkin' you're so tough with your buzzcut and 10 STR/14 DEF, along with your good growths in both. It's too bad that you suck in everything else. I guess he can serve as a tank in the Western Isles, if he gets one level and then promotes right off. At least he's better than his siblings (well they may as well all be siblings).

1.5/10 (with .5 negative bias, because his face is cry.gif)

I see quite a few people mentioned an early promotion for Barth. I thought about mentioning it, but ultimately decided against it since I thought that'd be a precarious position...

I see quite a few people mentioned an early promotion for Barth. I thought about mentioning it, but ultimately decided against it since I thought that'd be a precarious position...

It's not like he's going to get a crest over Alance, I was just speaking hypothetically.