Rate the Unit, Day 30: Geese

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Bors: 1.14

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Sue: 5.64

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Rutger: 9.61

can't wait to see this one

Geese, the non-shitty Berserker, With nice growths in Speed and Strength, and a not-shit Skill growth (30%), with Fire affinity (boosts Hit) with Anima, Ice and Wind supports (Though only the Anima is viable... and it's Cath) Still, if you want a Berserker, Geese is pretty damn solid about it. He's still axe locked, but he comes with B axes and a Brave Axe, he can also promote immediately if you're one of those people.

Unfortunately it's Hero Crest competition for Geese as well, so he's suffering for that. I give Pirate Merchant (who has one of the funniest supports in the game) an 6/10 WITH a Bias Point

50m84.jpg

TOMAHAWK DOUBLE BOOOOOOOMERANG!!!

EDIT: Dropped the score a bit after thinking on it

Edited by Onmi

Badass art. This, backed up by B axes, Brave Axe, good stats all around, and a Hit boosting support. I dig this guy. I wish there were more Hero.Proofs for him though...

4.5, dammit

Edited by Elieson

Geese is such a boss.

Comes with a brave axe (only in Route A, comes with a steel axe and a hand axe in route B) and is at a decent level with okay bases and good growths. Definitely has more of a use than Lot and Ward, but it isn't saying much. It sucks that the hero crest competition is huge, and Geese can compete for it, but it's difficult raising him up.

4.5/10.

EDIT: Revising my vote after a few great points, it is not 4.5/10 instead of 6.5/10.

Edited by zeldamaster456

Geese looks totally awesome. It's kind of a shame that his bases, while balanced, are kind of mediocre. By that, I mean even in NM, he's not doubling some brigands and most pirates/fighters on his joining map without the valuable Brave Axe he carries, and that's... well, valuable. His growths are alright, and 10 SKL base is a bit more manageable than Gonzales, but it's still pretty low. Again, granted, it isn't 15%, but that still doesn't mean it's necessarily good.

In ways he is a less radical Gonzales; he has good STR and SPD, mediocre SKL, okay DEF (at least at base), and still-horrible RES. He has Crest competition, and honestly if you're going to save that Brave Axe he tends to have trouble doubling at first, with his base of 9 and low 11 CON, but he and his growths are solid enough overall. However, in HM, he simply cannot compete with enemies.

3.5/10 + 1 bias = 4.5/10

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

I don't know what to say about using him in the Hard Mode. He gets no HM bonuses and is outclassed big time when he joins u. If your seriously going to use him in the HM..give him a Dragonshield and a SpeedWing. He will need them. His growths are actually worse in those catergoiries than Gonzy. Not to mention no HM bonuses. Other than that....solid. If your going to use him, better go to the Ilia route. Sacae will be too brutal for him. x.x

So.....

5.5/10

Edited by リンダ

A lot of people seem to forget that Geese has -2 Spd, Con that's kind of questionable when wielding a Hand Axe (yeah don't wield Hand Axe) and Brave Axe, then there's the gigantic issue of Gonzales was barely doubling enemies. Not to mention Geese's 10 Str...

...Yeah Geese isn't all that great. He wishes he could fly, but instead he became a Pirate. Geese looks like he could be awesome for a Pirate, but he's too goddamn slow. 9 base Spd and 40% growth is pretty bad, and the Speedwings have better allocations like Allen. He's cool... but he just sucks. Please don't use him in HM.

3/10, and we'll say that includes the bias point.

Edited by Colonel M

Geese is pretty usable in NM. Probably one of the better axe users there.

But that goes all downhill in HM. His bases just simply doesn't work out there, and his growths, while they aren't bad or anything, doesn't work out with his bases in an HM setting. It doesn't get him anywhere he needs to be in a reasonable timeframe, and on top of that, he's /still/ stuck to axes and we've went over that axelock sucks in FE6.

3/10 with a .5 bias for having sexy hair.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Geese...yeah he doesn't have great strength or durability, won't double much of anything ever and has pretty crappy hit rates due to axe lock. You can pretty much instant promote him and try for crits, or blick some cavs with a Halberd or something, but really there's just not much use for him.

3/10

I love Geese... on NM.

On HM, though? He's extremely mediocre. Gonzo kicks him around on stats thanks to HM bonuses (his SKL's a little better, but just a little) and there's just not as much time or inclination to bother raising him. You could do far, far worse for a unit, but Geese just isn't turning any heads with those bases.

5/10

Honk! That's the sound of Geese. Geese, unfortunately, is a decent unit in a bad place, time and game. His bases aren't awful by any means, but he's a little underleveled for when he joins. Facing fierce competition for the Hero Crest, even in his joining chapter, there's not much he can claim to warrant saving one for him. Axes aren't fun to have in FE6, and all of his supports are horrible.

4.5/10 - A cool guy, but outclassed by HM Gonzales, as well as Dieck and Rutger. He's probably better than Lott and Ward, but that's not saying much.

Geese is like, a balanced dude who has bette skl than Gonzales, but worser durability an offense. Its annoying to use him with that bad con. At least Gonzales' skl issue is not as bad as Geese's mediocrity( skill book really helps Gonzo)

Geese is just, mediocre. That and he has Oujay's base 9 spd. So what if he carries the brave axe? Others(lolBartre and Marcus/Zealot) can use that brave axe better. Or save that axe for later use. I guess he's still ok to use, but underwhelming.

5/10, with a negtive bias, its 4.5/10

Let's look at the many ways Geese's base stats are better than Gonzo's.

-10 hp

-6 str

+2 skl

-2 spd

+3 luk

+1 def

-1 res

-4 con

+1 axe rank

I hope that five extra hit is worth it.

10 strength is too weak, 9 AS is too slow, and 11 con is too low for Geese to use the Brave Axe without getting doubled by everything. People see a bunch of 9s and immediately think "balanced" without taking into account what 9 speed in chapter 10 even means for him. He's less captain average and more captain far below average. He cannot survive hard mode without constant babying until promotion, and even then he's not good.

EDIT: Edited a million times for a million different grammar mistakes. :MarcusOld:

Edited by Duff Ostrich

I've always been kind of partial to him. :)

Yeah, really though, I've played this game only once, and he turned out pretty well. However, I actually used arena abuse that time, so I don't feel I can give a valid rating.

I'm going to see how Gonzales turns out this time around.

Well, he is pretty much Gonzales without those fancy HM bonuses. As a result he is pretty much inferior then him in anything but skill with a whooping 30% growth... yeah, that's not gonna cut it. At least Gonzales can strike twice if he misses the first time.

Of course, the low numbers should be reserved for trash like Sophia and Wendy and in contrast to them he can at least contribute somewhat.

4.0 - because the bottom of the barrel just so happens to be very deep.

Also +0.5 bias because he stains his house with your Brian.

Edited by BrightBow

Horribly overrated, especially on HM. Basically never catches upif you're not doing a disproportionate amount of feeding.

3/10

EDIT: Upped to 3 because I was reminded there's still a level of suck between Wendy and Geese that hasn't been adressed yet.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen