[FE4] Rate the Unit XL

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Celice: 9.54

DAY 40: FEE

__

FEEEEEEEE~

She's Fury's daughter and kicks massive behind doing so. Fucking her over is near impossible, because she can literally do whatever, in all honesty. She's your only flyer until Altenna, and can easily become one of the best kids. She works best with Levin, Claude, and Noish as dads. Levin and Claude give her Holy Blood and some nice magic boosts, and Claude lets her use Libros. Levin gives her the ever-useful Continue and Critical, and Noish gives her Charge and Critical on top of the innate Pursuit she has from Fury. Since she inherits from her mother she's probably getting the C2 Hero Lance and possibly some other decent weapons she can use immediately, making her even more dangerous. Giving her a Hero Weapon makes her unstoppable. And she's a good candidate for it.

She promotes to Staves, becoming a nice addition to the mobile healing squad of Nanna and Leaf, and if she's Claude's kid she's a great choice for mounted Libro fun. Basically, she does everything Fury does, but with more time to do it.

And +1 because she's Fury's kid.

9.90/10

Edited by Laurence Olivier

Fee, your first flyer for the 2nd generation who joins you early. She can inherit Fury's weapons (Hero Lance, Wind Sword, etc.) and skills from his parents.

Like her mother, she may end up with a low Strength, but her speed will be high, and if her father is Claude, she'll have B in Staves after promotion allowing her to use Libro, Warp, etc.

8.5/10

Edited by ☆ Holmes

9.4/10

She is like Fury, but with an even better joining time (and with more skills)! If Finn is paired, than she is clearly going to be getting that hero lance and killing everything. She can also heal people once she promotes. And best of all, SHE IS IN A FLYING PONY! Sure that means archers can easily get her, but mehh, flying ponies can be worth it. She always has pursuit, so that that great. Usually, I make Levin her father, meaning that she gets continue and critical. Plus she talks in third person, how cool is that (or creepy take your pick).

My one problem with her is she has a high chance of having low strength.

Edited by Bee

She gets Continue with Levin. She gets Charge with Noish.

I dunno why some people think Noish!Fee is better than Levin!Fee. Admittedly, I've never used her, but she has only +1 STR and 15% growth on Levin!Fee, but without the +5 STR convo in C10. And then Levin gives her +35% SPD too. Plus, at least the way I play, Levin gets way more exp than Noish does.

I like Fee. She can go Claude and become a flying Libro, or have pretty good combat with Levin/Noish. 9/10.

Most of the time I give Fins hero lance to Fury so there for Fee has it. I mostly have Levin be her father. She's good for saving towns fast too. It's nice she can heal. She has a nice conversation with Oifaye if paired up, which is just a personal bonus.

8.5/10

Flyers are just about at the lowest point in the series in FE4. No rescue, can't use roads. Uncrossable yellow tiles usually prevent you from getting them ahead when the level geometry would otherwise allow it. No terrain bonuses either, with no dismount. Pegs in particular are even worse off and have only 8 move promoted.

About half the time there is an obvious "This is for a flyer!" mini-objective in a chapter, which doesn't actually matter for seizing and only has some minor effect on the overall game (e.g. getting the thief ring on someone in chapter 8). And sometimes the Peg will even be obsoleted for the obvios Peg mission just by playing fast, like when you can seize-vanish all the stuff in the northwest area in chapter 9, or getting the Tyrfing in 10 with Rescues and dances before Fee can do much at all.

So what's left? Besides a couple of early village rescues that no one else can realistically do, there are a few good times to put a Return staff on Fee; particularly in Epilogue. Claude!Fee in addition has amazing resistance and you can just send her anywhere to spam Restore and Libra even with Sleep staves all around, but it's a slow pairing.

6/10

Flyers are just about at the lowest point in the series in FE4. No rescue, can't use roads. Uncrossable yellow tiles usually prevent you from getting them ahead when the level geometry would otherwise allow it. No terrain bonuses either, with no dismount. Pegs in particular are even worse off and have only 8 move promoted.

About half the time there is an obvious "This is for a flyer!" mini-objective in a chapter, which doesn't actually matter for seizing and only has some minor effect on the overall game (e.g. getting the thief ring on someone in chapter 8). And sometimes the Peg will even be obsoleted for the obvios Peg mission just by playing fast, like when you can seize-vanish all the stuff in the northwest area in chapter 9, or getting the Tyrfing in 10 with Rescues and dances before Fee can do much at all.

So what's left? Besides a couple of early village rescues that no one else can realistically do, there are a few good times to put a Return staff on Fee; particularly in Epilogue. Claude!Fee in addition has amazing resistance and you can just send her anywhere to spam Restore and Libra even with Sleep staves all around, but it's a slow pairing.

6/10

My feelings exactly 6/10 for me too.

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

Ah Fee! With the Hero Lance she can break some stuff. Levin and Noish are my favourites but Claude works too! There are actually some points in the game where she genuinely saves turns, like chapter 10. She may be afraid of arrows, but there really aren't enough archers for that to matter.

9/10 - She's got utililty, skills and hopefully stats. I can only criticize her low strength cap.

She gets Continue with Levin. She gets Charge with Noish.

I dunno why some people think Noish!Fee is better than Levin!Fee. Admittedly, I've never used her, but she has only +1 STR and 15% growth on Levin!Fee, but without the +5 STR convo in C10. And then Levin gives her +35% SPD too. Plus, at least the way I play, Levin gets way more exp than Noish does.

I like Fee. She can go Claude and become a flying Libro, or have pretty good combat with Levin/Noish. 9/10.

That +5 str convo is only there for like 2 chapters though, whereas +1/+15% is there off the bat. And Fee's Spd hardly matters since enemies are so slooow.

Fee has a lot of utility, and since her brother doesn't care about his dad that much it means you can really focus a pairing on her. Her best dad is still probably Levin, though. Still, Claude is excellent if you want a flying healer/warper/statuser with a little extra oomph, and Noish isn't bad either if you want to orient Fee physically, providing her great skills and more physically-oriented growths. Other choices are not as interesting, but do produce solid Fees; her SPD will never be below 40% and the lowest her STR goes is 25% (that's with Levin too, the supposed "best" pairing, so nearly any other dad actually makes her stronger).

Flying isn't great, but it is something that she alone pretty much does for most of the Second Generation. Until you pick up Altenna, Fee's pretty much it. She has good WTC, Staves eventually, and good movement. Pass her down the Hero Lance and she does just fine for herself.

Basically, she never ends up bad, but she's also never going to be your army's best unit. She's consistently above-average and has a niche role as "the one who goes to save all the villages." Something to be said for that.

8/10

^ That.

Anyway. Fee. She can have Hero Lance right off the bat, and she can even contend for the second Hero Sword since Pegs have dual weapon types! That's pretty cool. She's pretty much unscrewable. With physical fathers and Levin, it helps her strength. With magical fathers, it helps her healing after promotion, especially Claude, while still letting her access magic swords. One other nice thing about Claude other than B staves is her res stat, which helps tremendously in Endgame where you can shift your Barrier Rings to somebody else, because res that high is not getting silenced/sleeped.

But rescue isn't in this game and fliers don't get road bonuses but it's still nice to skip terrain and the such and Fee's pretty solid anyway.

8/10.

fee is fucking amazing

flies around doesn't afraid of anything

stabs and slashes like a boss

serves as emergency healer when you need her

can be used in almost any role given some flexibility and thought (emphasis on almost)

she's also essentially unscrewable (Azel means "use magic swords you fool" and "use staves as a second string healer you fool")

My only complaint is A) no rescue staff (which would admittedly be stupidly broken) and B) no rescue command (which would be slightly less so).

9/10

Edited by Camtech

FEEEEEEEE~

She's Fury's daughter and kicks massive behind doing so. Fucking her over is near impossible, because she can literally do whatever, in all honesty. She's your only flyer until Altenna, and can easily become one of the best kids. She works best with Levin, Claude, and Noish as dads. Levin and Claude give her Holy Blood and some nice magic boosts, and Claude lets her use Libros. Levin gives her the ever-useful Continue and Critical, and Noish gives her Charge and Critical on top of the innate Pursuit she has from Fury. Since she inherits from her mother she's probably getting the C2 Hero Lance and possibly some other decent weapons she can use immediately, making her even more dangerous. Giving her a Hero Weapon makes her unstoppable. And she's a good candidate for it.

She promotes to Staves, becoming a nice addition to the mobile healing squad of Nanna and Leaf, and if she's Claude's kid she's a great choice for mounted Libro fun. Basically, she does everything Fury does, but with more time to do it.

And +1 because she's Fury's kid.

9.90/10

I don't know if I could justify such a high rating for Fee in my own words but I DON'T CARE BECAUSE YOU DID IT FOR ME.

THIS IS MY RATING.

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~

That +5 str convo is only there for like 2 chapters though, whereas +1/+15% is there off the bat. And Fee's Spd hardly matters since enemies are so slooow.

She ORKOs, but she eats a counter a fair amount of times. Her concrete durability is okay, (although yes, Noish gives her slightly better stats there too), but IMO the evasion the +35% SPD gives is better. Either way though, the difference is pretty minimal, but I always hear OMG Noish!Fee is awesome!!!!! and Levin!Fee is simply the somewhat decent consequence of Levin!Sety.

Maybe I just get annoyed because I like Levin. Whatever.