Rate the Unit, Day 31: Klein

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Bors: 1.14

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Sue: 5.64

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Rutger: 9.61

how much can I tally in ten minutes

EDIT: as it turns out I can tally a day in under five minutes on a laptop wooooooo

Edited by Integrity

Klein's not bad, and he's certainly better with those HM bonuses.

His SPD could use a bit of work, with that 13 base (11 in NM), but his 45% growth in it isn't bad. His LUCK is hilarious; 10 in NM, but 1 in HM. But hey, he has a 50% growth in it, which is crazy. He comes with a silver bow and a white gem, which are very well needed.

5.5/10.

A welcome unit that comes with some welcomed HM bonuses. Decent speed and luck growths ensure the unit will get some good evade. He doesn't have a very good str growth, but for a ranged unit with at least 15 base str, it's good enough.

However he remains locked to bows, which can only ever go against any unit.

A respectable

65%

from me.

If I want to use a archer in any HM playthrough, Klein is probably the way to go for me. His growths are not the best in the world, but his bases offer him a cushion for his stats. Plus, he comes with money in the form of that gem. His main problems are bow-locked and a foot unit. But he is cute, so he gets a +1 bias point for that.

6+1 bias = 7/10

Klein's not bad, and he's certainly better with those HM bonuses.

His SPD could use a bit of work, with that 13 base (11 in NM), but his 45% growth in it isn't bad. His LUCK is hilarious; 10 in NM, but 1 in HM. But hey, he has a 50% growth in it, which is crazy. He comes with a silver bow and a white gem, which are very well needed.

His LCK is same as his SPD in HM; which is 13.

This is also my same insight; except my rating would be...

Edited by Frostbite

I normally don't like doing "what this person said", but

If I want to use a archer in any HM playthrough, Klein is probably the way to go for me. His growths are not the best in the world, but his bases offer him a cushion for his stats. Plus, he comes with money in the form of that gem. His main problems are bow-locked and a foot unit. But he is cute, so he gets a +1 bias point for that.

6+1 bias = 7/10

That was exactly what I was going to say. Even the bit about him being cute.

But I consider it worth a 6.5 -> 7.5

Prepromote Snipers, unlike growth Archers, are usually decent. Klein's no exception. Are there better characters than him? Sure. Does that make him bad? Assuredly not. His Supports are even potentially good, if only because there's several he could get Cs in rather quickly (Clarine, Dieck, Tate); they may not all want him, but if they're available he could grab them. Still, a Sniper is a Sniper: He'll massacre pegs or wyverns or slow footies on the Player Phase and sit around playing with himself on Enemy Phase.

6.5/10

6/10, iirc. I don't have the list of all the ratings I planned to give the characters, so I could be wrong.

But yeah, he hits pretty hard with that Silver Bow, he's great for taking down flying enemies and shooting through the walls in Chapter 12.

Klein and Igrene are your best bet for the Snipers in RD. and he certainly isn't unwelcome with his Hard Mode bonuses and the amount of Wyverns flying around in this game. Ontop of that Klein has decent enough growths for a Pre-Promote, and fast growing supports with several Key Players and an affinity that works for him (The reason Ice didn't work for Wolt is that Wolt had no one who wanted his Ice affinity, Klein wont laugh at the ability to dodge and tank more, especially with all his Crit supports)

7.5/10 with no Bias points, although I feel like I'm forgetting something

C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...

C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...C11A...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

148ikz.jpg

Good bases in HM thanks to HM bonuses. Good growths as far as prepromotes are concerned, as well, especially in speed which he sorta lacks in but not really. What I mean by that is, while it is one of his lower offensive stats, he still doubles shit anyway. And he has Silvers. Bowlock yadda yadda but bowlock is better than some other weapon locks in this game. Overall a pretty solid unit. 6.5 +.5 for being hot = 7/10

Eh, he's okay. Igrene is better on account of her superior attack speed, but Klein has 29 base attack with a silver bow which makes for some impressive wyvern nuking, and he comes first anyway. People like Geese put things in perspective: Sure, Klein's doubling isn't always reliable (mostly against cavaliers) and he has nothing resembling an enemy phase, but at least he's immediately useful and can double attack at all. I used to be pretty down on him, and I still am, but for what he is he's not bad.

Solid unit like his mom, but HM bonuses make him much better.

Locked to usual archer syndrom is -3.5

But +.5 bias rates him a 7 for me.

Eh, he's okay. Igrene is better on account of her superior attack speed, but Klein has 29 base attack with a silver bow which makes for some impressive wyvern nuking, and he comes first anyway. People like Geese put things in perspective: Sure, Klein's doubling isn't always reliable (mostly against cavaliers) and he has nothing resembling an enemy phase, but at least he's immediately useful and can double attack at all. I used to be pretty down on him, and I still am, but for what he is he's not bad.

Klein's AS is very likely to be tied with Igrene's AS when she joins, in which case he's strictly superior.

5 levels in 3 or 4 chapters? Seems like a tall order for a prepromote...

Not completely? Going by Route A, We've got promoted units and Wyverns in Chapter 12, as well as a Manakete. 12x has Druids and a Berserker Boss IIRC In Chapter 13 we have hordes of PalaCavs and Valkadors (I think there are Valks anyway) and the Boss is a Wyvern. I'm not sure on exact stats but Klein probably isn't a bad choice. In Chapter 14, we again have Wyverns all over the place and since it's a desert foot units are better than mounted for this chapter. In 14x Again Wyverns, but less chance for EXP.

5 Level EXACTLY? Probably not, I say more 3-4. Then again my calculations are horrible at the best of times.

not the trashy desert bimbo 10/10

No serious rating, just couldn't resist saying that

Crash, for the love of love I don't want to see you posting in any of these threads anymore. You never offer a damned thing so please - just - screw - off.

@dondon: Like Anouleth said, he's only getting a point of speed every 2 levels on average. Getting to Igrene's speed by chapter 15 would be tough even if he wasn't locked to player phase, and there are only so many wyverns to go around.

Otherwise if he can reach her speed I do agree.

Edited by Duff Ostrich

A bows is really nice, and he packs some huge power behind a silver bow shot. Being a bow user isn't that bad in this game! His growths aren't to shabby either; reiterating what everyone else said etc...

6/10.

Eh, good bases, competant growths, and doesn't need work to become a sniper.

Arrives before Igrene, but is useful enough with dealing with Wyverns.

7/10

However, I don't prefer him>Igrene so 6/10

Edited by The Joker

He has great bases; 13 SPD is sort of low all considering, but he has a decent growth in it and it's still not that bad. He is a sniper, which means he's a foot unit with no enemy phase. That hurts. However, he has a great player phase (that Silver Bow he comes with sends enemies crying to mother) and a pretty decent support list with some quick options (unfortunately Dieck is the only character who he shares a MOV value with, and that's +1), so it balances out. He isn't really durable at all, but he's not on the front lines anyways.

6/10