Rate the Unit, Day 1: Micaiah

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Time for some RTU FE10 fun. And yes, im handling 2 RTUs at the same time. xP

Edited by General Haarace

...get some goddamn DEEEEEEEEEEF!

Other than that, you have to use her, so she does get some levels. Doubling is nice, and Light magic took a bit of a step up from last game. Becomes a good healer after promotion (Better than Laura, at any rate). Instant A-Support with the local Jeigan comes in useful, too.

She's still a worse Lord than Elincia/Geoffory/Lucia/IKE DA BAWS...

Needs some damn survivability already.

4/10 +1 bias for I like her character design into...

5/10

Micaiah-Sue

So she has no defense and dies so easily. You need to have Laura right next to her at all times in order to keep healing her. She is actually my lord with the highest death ratio (and this is after I attempted a lovely Leaf only Thracia run...not the smartest thing I've done). At least she has her Thani to kill so armors. On a side not, she has the personality of a cardboard cut out. But you have to use her and she can heal (kinda).

2/10

6.5/10 (7 after bias as I sorta like her character design). Thani hitting armors and horses with FATAL DAMAGE! (and in the case of the former, more reliably than you could ever get out of a hammer) is nice, especially since four of the bosses in part 1 are either armored or mounted, and most other DB units struggle to do much of anything to armors in general. Being able to use staves after promotion is helpful as well, because the NPC healers generally AREN'T! (Read: They're every bit as dumb as the NPC fighters) Also, insta-support with Sothe is nice, and it helps that light magic is better than it ws in PoR.

Edited by Metal King Slime

I actually like Mic, and I guess that throws me into the minority.

Between Staves and Thani, she is always doing something useful, which can't be said for everyone. I mean, she is a forced healer, so if you must, you can deploy only combat units after her. That insta Sothe-port is neat too.

If only she knew what defense is.

6 +1 bias, so 7/10 I can't rate her higher with those defenses and being banished to the DB.

She is quite fragile and has major growth issues in a few categories. However, she's got the Thani stank and she eventually gets staves. Is somewhat hamstrung by availability after Part 1, but when she does show up she can at least Physic it up. That Sothe insta-A ain't bad either, even if Dark/Wind is not exactly fantastic.

But, in a game filled with so many awesome units, it's hard for somebody with Micaiah's flaws to rate terribly well.

5.5/10

8/10

What can I say? I'm a sucker for her character. That aside, she really isn't as bad as the tier lists make her out to be. She has speed issues, yes. She is a mage, yes, but she doesn't suck. She's a very solid and dependable unit on the whole who just happens to not be OMG amazing. While I'm probably bumping her score up a point or two because of personal bias, I still like Micaiah and use her on every playthrough.

8/10

What can I say? I'm a sucker for her character. That aside, she really isn't as bad as the tier lists make her out to be. She has speed issues, yes. She is a mage, yes, but she doesn't suck. She's a very solid and dependable unit on the whole who just happens to not be OMG amazing. While I'm probably bumping her score up a point or two because of personal bias, I still like Micaiah and use her on every playthrough.

Uh, the tier list has Micaiah at the top of Upper Mid. That's far from bad. Some people say she should be above Zihark.

Ah, Micky-sue.

Pros:

- Intsa-A support with Sothe is baws.

- She hits like a truck, considering her awesome mag and light magic is actually decent in this game.

- Thani bomb ALL the knights!

- gets staves upon promotion, so you don't need to waste a deployment slot with a different healer (Physic spam gogogo)

Cons:

- dat defense. ugh.

- dat speed. I usually throw every speedwing on her so that she MIGHT double.

Shes forced, but she's always doing something productive, so she pulls her weight.

6.5/10 + 1 bias (for being mad hot) = 7.5/10

Miccy

• Sacrifice
  • Good Magic and offense
  • Frail and susceptible of being OHKO'd and/or doubled (gogo Miracle)
  • Thani
  • A rank support with Sothe
  • C rank Staff upon promotion for instant Physic use and two Scrolls for Rescue
  • +1 bias :D

EDIT: 8/10

Edited by Quintessence

wewt. I love these threads.

Micaiah, the....Mary Sue Silver haired...whatthehelltheycallher.

Pros:

Thani Bomb.

Sacrifice is kinda cool.

Staff bot later on.

Yay Innate support!

Cons:

So fucking squishy.

They call her No Speed Miccy.

Super late third tier promotion.

Meh.

Ill be honest. I dont like her much. I find her story really trite because like no explanation and stuff. Shes an ok unit for the most part. She can Thani Bomb the fuck out of things and thats cool. Her magic growth (and luck) are like, kafhdjhfgjdsf cray cray. Too bad she sacrifices (ohhh see wut i did thar?) speed and defense. Shes very rarely ever doubling anything. Ever. :mellow: Luckily for her (and us), shes got healing utility. Sacrifice and Staff use later. Thats good cuz otherwise...raeg. She comes with that A support with Sothe and thats nice to have. Shes also always forced on your team when shes around.

6/10. (5/10 bias cuz i am no fan of hers.)

Oh my goodness. Its the miccy sue of the game. Her defenses are nothing to write home about and she has decent to blehh speed. However her overkill magic and trees growth plus thani bombing is the best thing se can do. Auto C staves and her A support is pretty beastly.

Overall 5.5/10 (no bias)

Oh are these ratings considering transfer our no?

Oh, hey. Look who we got here. The biggest Mary Sue in the franchise who was turned into the leader of an army and who despite having no experience for it whatsoever, somehow managed to liberate the country and earned the respect of the Beorc rulers and Laguz kings and ended a century long era of hate and mistrust between the races along the way and just to top it of then lead them united in a war against nobody less but God herself and actually won and earned himself the title "Hero of the blue...

Wait, "him"? Sorry, my bad. That's the page for Ike... Wait a second...

Okay, here we have Micaiah. The figurehead and mascot of the liberation of Daein who is lifted into a position of power by a king who is stupid enough to subscribe a contact with his blood without finding anything suspicious about it.

With a couple like that, things turned out as well as one might expect.

It's not the fault of the unit though. The Greil-Mercs, who got Ike, Haar, Mia, Shinon, Gatrie and Titania, would laugh at her. Heck, they do laugh anyway. "Rivals collide???" Dream on sister!

But she is in the Wet-Tissue-Brigade and they appreciate someone who can at least dish out some decent ranged damage and make it easy for the other glass cannons to finish enemies of without eating a counter. Her healing ability also comes in handy sometimes. It allows her to get easily below 30% hp for some nice Wraith ownage, though you better have a plan if her opponent doesn't die. Also, the only other healer is Laura. Because of her heron heritage Micaiah gets one-shotted by everything anyway, so it's not like it makes much of a difference.

After a few chapters she gets Thani, and a bit later Knights and Generals make their entrance. They are a pain in the butt this time around since they actually have a lot of Res and Spd while Daein has little access for effective tools against them, and the ones they have might not find a worthy wielder. Micaiah's pref-weapon is really a relief here.

After promotion she can use staffs, and starts with a decent C-Rank to both. That's the Physic rank, so that's pretty neat. Sadly, she still doesn't have any leadership stars despite her followers being a bunch of fanatics. Just another reason why the Mercs laugh at these guys. Anyway, in Part 3 Laura still is the only other healer and the chapters are designed to force you in the defense. Healing is highly appreciated here, so your unit's don't need to waste their turn on eating potion-thingies. Sadly in chapter 13-3 she can only influence the action via long-range magic.

In Part 4 she does okay. Nothing fancy and she doesn't even get her own pref-weapon but she is forced anyway and she can make herself decently useful. Also, she might dish out some decent hurt with Nosferatu (NoA changed Shaman but kept Nosferatu. That makes a lot of sense. Keep your crappy, unfitting translation and change the one you got right from the get-go. Awesome.) against does dragons with her high magic. Overall though, nothing fancy. A hero of Telius she ain't.

7.5/10

+0.5 Bias. There are several factors here.

For starters, outside of stats and levels she does actually make a good antagonist for the heroes. I really like how she contrasts with Ike and Elincia.

However, I don't like her looks. She wears freaking high heels. I'm glad we got rid of most of them between the two Telius games but Micaiah stills wears them. No wonder she is the only one who got caught in the intro.

She also is a bit overloaded with powers. Empathy and Healing are heron abilities but the future seeing ability simply is not needed for anything. Sure, it's stated that the Apostle all got spoken to by the goddess and it's used to give weight to the claim that Sanaki is not the true heir of the title but it raises so many questions that I would rather pretend they didn't have that trait.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh, hey. Look who we got here. The biggest Mary Sue in the franchise who was turned into the leader of an army and who despite having no experience for it whatsoever, somehow managed to liberate the country and earned the respect of the Beorc rulers and Laguz kings and ended a century long era of hate and mistrust between the races along the way and just to top it of then lead them united in a war against nobody less but God herself and actually won and earned himself the title "Hero of the blue...

Wait, "him"? Sorry, my bad. That's the page for Ike... Wait a second...

Actually, unlike Ike, Micaiah never became the leader of the army, which was always Tauroneo. Micaiah was the Deputy Commander.

Actually, unlike Ike, Micaiah never became the leader of the army, which was always Tauroneo. Micaiah was the Deputy Commander.

Initially she was the Vice-General but Pellas turned her into the "Supreme Commander of the armies of Daein" after the liberation. With a fancy title like that I would say she outranked him afterwards.

Edited by BrightBow

Sacrifice, decent growths. Is pretty good by the end of Part 1. Once she comes back in the last part she is mehh.

Because she is gone for so long but the levels continue to get harder she isnt as good.

6/10 (Bias because she is pretty awesome of a person) sooooo....

7/10

7/10 - This is HM, so she's not really going to be a successful offensive unit, but she heals shit. She provides valuable chip earlygame, and you could possibly use resolve on her in part 1 if she can take a hit. She doesn't have a very strong claim on it though. After part 1, she's mostly a staffbot.