Rate the Unit, Day 11: Catria

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Catria. She makes for quite a good Peg. Knight. Strength is a bit lacking at the beginning but she catches up easily. I shall give her a 9/10, No Bias!

Averages:

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Draug: 8.14

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Malliesia: 9.50

My Unit: 9.99

So maybe she doesn't gain quite as much Strength as her sister, and she doesn't come with auto-Silver. Ask her if she cares.

9.5/10

Good bases and great growths. No autosilver but is pretty durable when reclassed to Cav (hell, her base durability isn't even bad as peg) and can take a swing at the Lady Sword with it. While not as much str as Palla, her str is high enough anyway so she doesn't give a shit. And this is H1 so not having Silvers at base isn't gonna kill you. As "Not MU" is not proper justification to dock points from her, 10/10 would use again

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Instant silver. Better bases. Can promote right off the bat. Serviceable growths. Better sprite. Whats not to love about palla? Catria does have a growth lead (except in str) but I usually prefer palla's bases and omgwtf-ness right off the bat to catria's better growths.

Edited by PKL

Instant silver. Better bases. Can promote right off the bat. Serviceable growths. Better sprite. Whats not to love about palla? Catria does have a growth lead (except in str) but I usually prefer palla's bases and omgwtf-ness right off the bat to catria's better growths.

Instant Silver is not really any bonus in H1, H3 absolutely, but her SPD hurts her there. Catria's bases are still solid. Growth character starting in chapter 2. Sprite is just bias, Cat --> Pall sprite. :P C lance means Silvers really fast. And with some strategic movements, you can have her finish off two off the draco's in her starting chapter, and some other stuff, on being the boss. For a 2 levels up.

23.6 8 2 9.6 15.6 10 8.6 6.2

24 10 2 11 16 9 9 6She loses 2 Str, and in this chapter, where palla is free, the silver, where it actually matters, and 1 lolskill. (Rounded all stuff ending on .6 up) And thats being two levels lower.

Although Palla warrants a 9.4 from me anyway, they are similar anyway. ;o

Edited by Vicious Sal

50% Str as peg and 55% as Cav isn't exactly what I'd call sorta bad. 7 base isn't the greatest, but it's not terrible either considering she joins in chapter 2 and this is H1. Palla just has really high str for her class especially is all.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

50% Str as peg and 55% as Cav isn't exactly what I'd call sorta bad. 7 base isn't the greatest, but it's not terrible either considering she joins in chapter 2 and this is H1. Palla just has really high str for her class especially is all.

Hrm maybe I messed up with the growths, oh well. I do think her str base could be a little higher.

Excellent growths and solid bases create a flexible unit that can fit in nearly any role. Lack of auto-silver is hardly the end of the world. Plus I like her character and design.

10/10

Instant Silver is not really any bonus in H1, H3 absolutely, but her SPD hurts her there.

you have speedwings; use them

palla >> catria on H3 even when palla has spd problems; on H1 where palla doesn't have spd problems, palla >>>>> catria.

you have speedwings; use them

palla >> catria on H3 even when palla has spd problems; on H1 where palla doesn't have spd problems, palla >>>>> catria.

You have Energy drops; use them

And of course saying "You have energy drops; use them

Catria >>>>> Palla" is horribly wrong i presume?

energy drops don't solve catria's problems and aren't available when her problems are worst relative to palla's

you do not have anything in chapter 2 that makes up for the fact that catria can't use silver lances, has a much lower base level, and has much less str than palla, but you do have something in chapter 11 that makes up for the fact that palla is 2 spd short of doubling fire dragons.

Edited by Madam Red
Flaming.

are you legitimately stupid or something

energy drops don't solve catria's problems and aren't available when her problems are worst relative to palla's

you do not have anything in chapter 2 that makes up for the fact that catria can't use silver lances, has a much lower base level, and has much less str than palla, but you do have something in chapter 11 that makes up for the fact that palla is 2 spd short of doubling fire dragons.

I'm not even going to comment on this other than that the person who calls me stupid says that there are fire dragons in chapter 11. Once you can have a conversation without insulting i'll be happy to talk to you.

Catria is broken. Joins early, awesome growths, good lance rank which is usable in both mounted classes for females. Strength is a bit ugh at the beginning but she catches up.

9.95/10 because only Palla gets a 10.

I'm not even going to comment on this other than that the person who calls me stupid says that there are fire dragons in chapter 11.

please point out to me where i said that there are fire dragons in chapter 11

i said specifically that there is a speedwings in chapter 11 to fix palla's AS issues against fire dragons.

and fire dragons appear after chapter 11 (they appear in chapter 12, to be exact). learn to connect the dots.

and to be fair, if i had said chapter 12 instead of chapter 11, i'm willing to bet that you'd be a pedantic asshat and point out that "hurr durr there are no speedwings in chapter 12!"

Edited by dondon151

One of the best characters in Marth's games. But Palla has better base stats. Takes work to get her to surpass Palla, but she's worth the time and EXP.

10/10

Edited by リンダ

I'm mainly of the opinion that Palla > Catria simply because of Palla's bases, not that either of them is anything less than great. Catria's poor base lance rank combined with her anemic STR base can make it a bit of a pain in the ass to train her early on in the harder difficulties, and she takes a while to catch up to Palla's level, although her growths are fantastic. Palla, on the other hand, has great STR/SKL growths with decent bases in each and an anemic SPD growth but a fantastic base which manages to carry her all game. Even in H3, Palla's SPD is easily worked around and she'll probably cap SPD or come very close to it by the time you promote her around C11. Draco will last her most of the game, and late game you can always switch her to SM and she'll probably be doubling nearly everything; C swords base means Killing Edge and Wyrmslayer access, and Lady Swords mean Silver Sword offense even at C Rank.

Catria has more feasible/effective Falcoknight access (Catria's growths fit it better, and she'll be less likely to want to promote before you get C11's whip than Palla will), meaning she'll be your fastest flying unit (26 SPD cap instead of 23 SPD cap) in lategame, although watch out for that DEF, which isn't too hot. Catria brings a lot to the table; however, in the end, I simply value Palla's contribution more.

EDIT: If I'm not too late, 9/10 for Catria and 9.5/10 for Palla.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania