Rate the Unit, Day 10: Barst

Peppy

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Gordin: 3.11

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Ogma: 7.56

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Sheeda: 9.89

Boss with instaD axes and 10 str at lvl 3.

Yes. 10 str.

Barst is probably the best MaleB unit in the game. Great bases and good growths, and will hit lovely C rank in no time for Hammertime.

Barst is most certainly the best male B unit in the game, period. Steel axe and 10 str makes sure he's not slowed down and hits hard. He can reclass to mercenary for a better spd growth and to improve his sword rank. He's quite durable too. Also reclassing to hero would be the best choice, as he gets D swords and a better spd growth, not to mention better bases.

9/10 but I'm including bias because he was awesome in one of my H5 playthroughs and has blue hair. <3

So 10/10

Barst is the best unit in the game

Sexy

Axes

Awesome Bases

Clutch

So much better than faggots like Zaggaro and Wolf

10/10

I don't usually care about FE11, but when I do it's to rate Barst.

(read: count this one for me)

I knew most of these scores would be high, but I'm gonna be shocked is he scores higher than Cain/Abel, considering he is never flying and only mounted as a Horseman.

I knew most of these scores would be high, but I'm gonna be shocked is he scores higher than Cain/Abel, considering he is never flying and only mounted as a Horseman.

Because there are other things than Movement? :dry:

Because there are other things than Movement? :dry:

I know, for those who play casually, movement isn't everything. Just a thought that ran through my head. Even without movement equaling a fliers', is he worth the same score as Wing Spear?

I know, for those who play casually, movement isn't everything. Just a thought that ran through my head. Even without movement equaling a fliers', is he worth the same score as Wing Spear?

Definitely not, though I think Dark Sage took bias into account. Or I hope so.

I definitely agree to a point, though. Since this assumes an easier mode, mounted units usually get a lot better. Not saying that Cain and Abel aren't good on H5 (on the contrary, they're solid), but when it comes to Warpskip Barst has a slight edge over them with killing bosses. To be fair, I think the only one he's really necessary for though is 13's. Caeda with Wing Spear usually knocks out the rest, or in rare cases a Wyrmslayer is used on some of the bosses.

Like Mekkah noted, Chapters 8 and 9 should be the only times to consider Mercenary. Maybe in 6X too, but Fighter does okay. Access to Hero rocks too. It's just a damn shame that yes, in theory, he can be outpaced by mounted units. But to be fair, the mounted units that are even "good" is limited to Hardin, Caeda, Cain, and Abel. Jeigan too since he can be carried on for a long time. Wolf and Sedgar are a little weak base and weapon rank wise to use Horseman effectively, though there are obviously instances where it is a decent class (Chapter 7 springs to mind).

I think the only complaint Waprskip wise is getting to Silver Axes might be rocky, but that's about it. Barst is definitely a rock solid unit for a foot soldier, and everyone that is a foot soldier should take a couple lessons from him. 10 Str, tolerable base Spd, decent growths, and D Axes.

8.5/10.

Edited by Colonel M

Definitely not, though I think Dark Sage took bias into account. Or I hope so.

I definitely agree to a point, though. Since this assumes an easier mode, mounted units usually get a lot better. Not saying that Cain and Abel aren't good on H5 (on the contrary, they're solid), but when it comes to Warpskip Barst has a slight edge over them with killing bosses. To be fair, I think the only one he's really necessary for though is 13's. Caeda with Wing Spear usually knocks out the rest, or in rare cases a Wyrmslayer is used on some of the bosses.

Like Mekkah noted, Chapters 8 and 9 should be the only times to consider Mercenary. Maybe in 6X too, but Fighter does okay. Access to Hero rocks too. It's just a damn shame that yes, in theory, he can be outpaced by mounted units. But to be fair, the mounted units that are even "good" is limited to Hardin, Caeda, Cain, and Abel. Jeigan too since he can be carried on for a long time. Wolf and Sedgar are a little weak base and weapon rank wise to use Horseman effectively, though there are obviously instances where it is a decent class (Chapter 7 springs to mind).

I think the only complaint Waprskip wise is getting to Silver Axes might be rocky, but that's about it. Barst is definitely a rock solid unit for a foot soldier, and everyone that is a foot soldier should take a couple lessons from him. 10 Str, tolerable base Spd, decent growths, and D Axes.

8.5/10.

Using this for my rating, as well.

He's a beast with auto HandAxe without need of reclassing (which I never do), has great growths, can serve as a semi-tank in the first few chapters thanks to high HP and great growths.

8.5/10 + bias makes 9.5/10

Not mounted, but then again, there's no Canto or rescuing in the DS games, so that's not so terribly useful. Barst isn't statistically impressive in any way, but you use him and it really works somehow. 8/10

Hammer. Your class A guys probably are never touching it, and the time when it's needed the most is Chapters 5-10 (along with Chapter 16 and 20).

While not as powerful as the Barst from Inheritance, Shadow Dragon's Barst can still tear up almost everything he comes across with those crazy good base stats, axes, and decent growths.

10/10

Even though the rating period is over, I just wanted to say I disagree--FE Barst is at least as powerful as Lord Barst in Inheritance. Nice reference :D