Rate the Unit, Day 39: Percival

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Bors: 1.14

Cath: 1.48

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Ray: 4.04

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Sue: 5.64

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Bartre: 6.00

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Klein: 6.53

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Echidna: 7.27

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Tate: 7.89

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Lalam: 8.78

Elphin: 9.00

Rutger: 9.61

Miredy: 9.88

q: how long until I stop counting ayanami's ratings for using objectively wrong facts in their reasoning? my pity is being stretched *really* thin here

Edited by Integrity

10/10 the games best Paladin. Has A/A/C so he can use all weapon groups killer weapons, god like bases in HM, with 15 levels of growing room, comes on a horse and a lot of the late game for me came down to "Can this group kill things as fast as Percy on his lonesome to which the answer often was "No. No they can not"

And to mock him juuuuuust a little

2uj7f4i.jpg

"Why can't I have a Pegasus Girl?"

9.99/10 absolutely amazing, does everything, you'd have to be insane not to use him, but I've always found him difficult to recruit given that you need to talk to him with a 5-move character so I can't give him a perfect rating.

9.99/10 absolutely amazing, does everything, you'd have to be insane not to use him, but I've always found him difficult to recruit given that you need to talk to him with a 5-move character so I can't give him a perfect rating.

Going to say it's not that big of a deal, if this is C15, which you want it to be since he gets even more ludicrous bases, you can literally set it up so Lalum will be able to reach him on turn 2/3 with no risk of counter attack, and he WILL catch up to your forces with no trouble. even if it's turn 3.

10/10

His HM bonuses are so amazing! Plus he is a paladin, meaning in this game he can actually wield three holy weapons if you really want him to, or at the very least use all the killer and silver ones. His horse is always a good plus. Many of my playthroughs are now based on having Percy then run killing everything before anyone else gets close. Plus he's so good looking, which would be a bias if he didn't already have a 10!

Also about the pic: Isn't Dieck with Thany? Why did OrangeCrush say he was with a guy?

Edited by Bee

Let's see....

He has HM Bonuses; hence insta-good stats and also Good Weapon Ranks (A Lances/A Swords/C Axes), means he can use Silvers (except Axes) and all types of Killer Weapons; and have a flexible option 2-range combat thanks to Javelins and Hand Axes!

That's batshit insane!

Now, his support pool is kinda eh; but who needs support if you are someone with broken stats on one of the broken classes in-game?

Verdict?

@Bizz

It's because of Thany is the cutest shota joke...

Anyways.... Must resist.... urge.... to.... fanboy... on... picture!

Edited by Frostbite

10/10

His HM bonuses are so amazing! Plus he is a paladin, meaning in this game he can actually wield three holy weapons if you really want him to, or at the very least use all the killer and silver ones. His horse is always a good plus. Many of my playthroughs are now based on having Percy then run killing everything before anyone else gets close. Plus he's so good looking, which would be a bias if he didn't already have a 10!

Also about the pic: Isn't Dieck with Thany? Why did OrangeCrush say he was with a guy?

Because he's from Gamefaqs, the birth place of terrible terrible memes.

Excellent unit. Comes prepromoted on a horse, so saves you a crest. Has hax bases and doesn't even care about growths ever. A/A/C weapon ranks, excellent offensive bases, and durability of 50HP/15DEF is just awesome. However, since he can't fly, it doesn't make up for not existing for half the game. Availability hrng 9/10.

But he's hot so that brings it back up to a 10/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Excellent unit. Comes prepromoted on a horse, so saves you a crest. Has hax bases and doesn't even care about growths ever. A/A/C weapon ranks, excellent offensive bases, and durability of 50HP/15DEF is just awesome. However, since he can't fly, it doesn't make up for not existing for half the game. Availability hrng 9/10.

But he's hot so that brings it back up to a 10/10.

I love it when Lumi types on my behalf.

Percival strives to preserve the honor of the Etrurian generals and he does a darn good job at it.

I mean, just look at this guy: 20 Str, 20 Spd with 51 HP and 15 Def.

And he is a Paladin. He has access to all kinds of weapons and has the ranks to use every single one of them.

The fact that he doesn't exist for half the game means jack.

When he exist, he owns. Everything. Without exception. There is no reason not to use him. At all.

Alan and Lance futilely pray they ever get as strong as him.

And this demigod is still only level 5. He actually grows stronger from there. I can't sing his praises loud enough.

10/10

Sadly, he leaves me no room for bias.

Edited by BrightBow

@Omni: Ahahaha. Nice.

When it comes to Sir Percy, Knight General of Etruria, there need be no explanation. He has no base stats below 13, and the one that's 13 is RES. He's 9 levels away from capping HP. He comes with silver weapons, which only prove further to enemies that they are ants, and he is a mean 6-year-old with a large backyard. His growths aren't very good, but really. Who cares? He's pretty much relevant all the way to the final chapter, and if you hand him a spare Wyrmslayer he's more than usable there.

Uh... I could expound more, but there is barely a need. He has 20 STR and 20 SPD. In both stats, his growths are 30% and 35%. Couple this with the fact that he is an 8 MOV Paladin, and he can pretty much team up with Miledy, Clarine, Alance, and Rutger to be your premiere death squad.

9.5/10

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

Hey, you know those cavaliers you were raising? Here, have another one but even manlier. Percival may come midgame, but he's one of your top units. Sporting bases, decent growths and ranks, there's no reason not to use him.

9.5/10

He is an impossible unit to screw up because he already got all his badass stats before you ever recruited him. Ridiculous HM bonuses, great weapon ranks, pretty much an instant addition that needs nothing to keep up with your army no matter the level. I don't think he's perfect only for availability matters and bad supports, but he's an extremely good unit, maybe one of the best prepromotes in the series. He's somehow more than just prepromoted, he's like... pre-finished, with those bases.

9.5/10