Rate the Unit, Day 40: Cecilia

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Bors: 1.14

Cath: 1.48

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Ray: 4.04

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Sue: 5.64

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Bartre: 6.00

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Klein: 6.53

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Echidna: 7.27

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Tate: 7.89

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Lalam: 8.78

Elphin: 9.00

Percival: 9.60

Rutger: 9.61

Miredy: 9.88

use of either of those terrible terrible pictures omni posted in ip just now results in a tossed because I'm spiteful and tired.

Edited by Integrity

She joins at a pretty bad situation since it's a desert chapter.

Oh sure... she has meh growths and meh bases!

But hey, take a look at that weapon/staff rank! Insta-Aircalibur and immediate staff usage! (I am looking at you Barrier, Recover, Restore and Hammerne!)

6.5, the +1 bias point is due to her being a pony; and at least after that desert chapter; she can at least be useful for staff utility and rescue shenanigans; just take note to park her in terrains if you like seeing her Aircalibur the crap out of things.

And if you really like spamming staves on her... She can be just in time for the later staves!

Edited by Frostbite

Cecilia!

You’re riding around

Providing chip passable daily

Oh, Cecilia!

I’m down on my knees

I’m begging you please

To gain speed

Gain some speed

Bad bases for a prepromote but Cecilia

Could be your second (staff-user)

But her staff rank

Hurts her case

When you move on to Bern

Niime’s taking her place!

2/10

2ahh30w.jpg

Cecilia is a mage general who taught Roy everything he knows about fighting. She has bad bases, a good Staff and Anima rank, a pony, though she joins on a desert, she's not the worst character to join that chapter, she has a nice affinity and is a MILF.

4/10 with a bias point, not your best staffer by any means but not your worst.

Edited by Onmi

When you move on to Bern

Niime’s taking her place!

once Niime comes along she's worthless.

Dat Rules

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

While I approve of the modestly bad song, Baldrick, I'm disappointed by you two.

While I approve of the modestly bad song, Baldrick, I'm disappointed by you two.

We're not saying "Not Niime" is her reason for sucking, we are saying she's bad, AND Niime invalidates her. Regardless changed.

Edited by Onmi

AND Niime invalidates he.

Which is (or rather, should be) somewhat irrelevant for Cecilia's rating. Had I let people drop scores drastically because "someone does their job better" they wouldn't have shaken out like this so far.

EDIT: Incidentally, Baldrick, I don't expect you to edit the bits out of your rating because it completes the song. Just reassure me that you didn't factor it into the final and you can leave it as-is for aesthetic reasons.

Edited by Integrity

Cecilia....

Well she can use aircalibur and staffs. But, her bases are kinda meh so she won't be doing all that much. I usually save her for staff duty. At least she has a pony, so a quick moving healer is always good.

6/10

Cecilia....

Well she can use aircalibur and staffs. But, her bases are kinda meh so she won't be doing all that much. I usually save her for staff duty. At least she has a pony, so a quick moving healer is always good.

6/10

Same here, except 7.5/10

Her stats aren't the best, but she won't really drag you down. She's still a healer on a pony who can do some chip damage.

She's also the best looking unit.

6/10 + 1 booby point brings her to a 7/10 in my book

Cecilia's okay I s'pose. She has a 45% growth in SKL for some reason, though it will never really be important seeing as it's downright stupid to use her in real combat. 11 MAG-7 SKL-10 SPD bases don't exactly scream "MVP" to me. The game is practically trolling you by giving her an A in anima, trying to pretend she will put it to notable use. She does bring an Aircalibur, which I guess gives her some good potential from 2-range, but it's probably better placed in the hands of Lugh if you've been using him.

However, she comes with a C in staves, and so can serve as an backup staffbot. I mean, it's hard to rebuke a staffbot with 8 MOV as not being useful, even if you already have one. Her support list doesn't really do much for her; she can support Percival, and it goes at an okay speed, and his Dark affinity offers some extra defense for her to use. She's far from amazing, but she can be put to some use.

5.5/10 + 1 bias point = 6.5/10

Pretty much everything about her is good, except her stats, and I *guess* staff rank and availability. But her class is so good...also please don't rip on her for joining in a desert chapter, it's like ripping on Canas for joining in a chapter where everything KOs him. Alan and Lance have to go through that same desert if you deploy them, you know? Would you rather have Cecilia join a chapter later? Would that really improve her?

7/10

She's a pretty decent staffbot, and she'd be amazing if only her stats were better. At least she has an A in Anima to make up for the relative lack of oomph. Still, what she needs doing she can do without being too hung up on her own stats. Percival's best support (and as an Anima, she's an actually good one), can sort of support Roy or Lilina, kinda... everybody else supports decently speedwise but isn't terribly useful to her or to anyone.

6/10

I don't really find much use in her, personally. Her bases are pretty crap, as are her growths. The only redeeming features are her anima and stave ranks.

She can't fight very well - only performing chip damage to non-magic units, but she can heal, at least. Especially useful as a Clarine replacement if she hasn't been generous with the Mag growth, and it saves a promotion item too. Just keep her far from frontlines and she'll be a decent staffbot. Being unable to handle her own in combat is definitely a negative, however.

50%.

I don't even have issues with using her in a desert. Free healer? Yesz. It's not like I want anyone to follow Rutger, Dieck, and Millie on their path of destruction as I drop them over the ledge to clear the area, anyway. She can be dropped over later to heal later. Not like you don't have 3 fliers at this point.

Auto C staves may not be ideal, since you can't barrierspam your way up in this game, but it does let her access one very important staff, which is Restore. Granted, your other staffers should have access to that as well, but why the hell are you training THREE healers is beyond me and Cecilia comes for free, promoted, free having to deal with Guiding Ring competition. Sure, she doesn't have the best stats ever, but she does have 8 move mounted healing which allows her to have versatility in whom to heal and the ability to keep up with your team easily. A rank magic also allows her to be a back up Aircalibur user if you have a random half-dead dragonfuck you need to blow up, which is always nice.

7/10. +.5 for the contents in those supports with Douglas and Saul. = 7.5/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Her stats are garbage but Valkyrie's such a good class that her utility makes up for it. A mounted staff user is a mounted staff user, and she can chip too for what that's worth, and all for no real investment.

5/10

Edited by tiff

She's a prepromo Valk with A in Anima. Something Clarine wish she had. Sure, she doesn't have insane stats to back it up, but hell, slap Aircalibur or Elfire on her. At least she can protect herself while supporting the almighty Percival.

We're not saying "Not Niime" is her reason for sucking, we are saying she's bad, AND Niime invalidates her. Regardless changed.

Well, Cecilia never had Niime's niche in the first place. Their roles, outside of healing, are totally different.

Edited by dondon151

I don't care if this woman's on a horse. She's horrible at combat and her staff rank is her only saving grace. Factor in those awful bases and awful growths...

4/10.(bias included)

Mobile staff bot! She's really not for fighting, but she's not horrible filler if you want some healing or restoring. Those stats aren't winning her any awards... or battles, but you can do worse.

4.5/10

Some of you people are really harsh on Cecilia. But maybe it's because she's easy on the eyes...

...Oh yeah, I really have to stop the whole "mini-crush" on her.

Cecilia is pretty good. Now I know what everyone else in this topic is thinking, including Baldrick - "her stats are too low".

Let's think about this carefully, though. First, she's a 2 range unit. This usually means that she's attacking from the backlines more than anything, and A Rank allows her to use Aircalibur and Bolting at base. Now her 11 Magic doesn't seem like much, but she has 19 Atk that targets Res (which is almost non-existant) and effective against Flying-type enemies (you know like the shithead Wyvern Riders / Lords that pack a whallop). The second thing is her Staff utility. C Staves means she can use Restore at a minimum, and B Staves gets her to Physic and Rescue (and remember she has a range of 11 at base). Finally, her biggest perk is that she's on a horse. Now remember that this game heavily favors mounted units... well, she fits in the category like Clarine.

I think the main con is that she has to choose between S Tomes and A Staves. Warp or Forblaze. Forblaze nets 53 effective Atk hitting Res, which is still decent. I wish I knew what the Mamkutes had for Res... uh... well the ones in Chapter 22 have 12 Res and 62-67 HP... which obviously means no ORKO. Still, she leaves a hefty dent on them.

6/10, buuuuut I give a bias point because she's too awesome to be ranked so low. Pitiful beings.

7/10.

do ya research CM

cecilia has 10 warp range at base and you can S rank multiple weapons in this game

also warp is A staves

So now she is easily reaching S tomes and S staves? Cool, I thought it would be kind of a challenge in most settings.

Her bases look like meh. Sadly, she's more sturdy than your other Valkyrie choice, and if said Valkyrie choice got screwed out of her 30% Magic growth, will hit harder. She also comes with a relatively insane anima rank (for someone who came from a staff class). If for some reason you want Forblaze on a horse, she's the one that has a more realistic chance of hitting it. IMO, she's not that impressive.

3.5/10