Rate the Unit, Day 42: Igrene

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Sophia: 0.45

Bors: 1.14

Cath: 1.48

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Ray: 4.04

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Cecilia: 5.61

Sue: 5.64

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Bartre: 6.00

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Klein: 6.53

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Echidna: 7.27

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Tate: 7.89

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Lalam: 8.78

Elphin: 9.00

Percival: 9.60

Rutger: 9.61

Miredy: 9.88

the archers in this game are pleasantly spaced

like we're rating a new one before I miss the old one too much

Hey look, a second competent archer! Couldn't be bothered with Klein? Here's someone who's equal to him but a little bit faster. Her growths are a little wimpy, and it's a sad day when Saul is your best support, but you could do a lot worse. Like Wolt or Dorothy! B bows doesn't matter, since she can use anything apart from Silver.

5.5/10 - Decent stats and passable growths. She's not winning any awards, but she's not bad filler... especially with all those nasty dragons.

Whoo another competent bow user

Pretty decent bases, growths aren't that great but her bases are certainly very usable. B rank bow means she doesn't have Silvers but she still have access to everything but silver. And as a bowlocked unit, building up to Silvers shouldn't be hard. Pretty good unit.

5.5+1 because I like her. 6.5/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Igrene's okay. Since she has a SKL base of 18 to go with it, the Killer Bow she arrives with tends to offer a disproportianate amount of criticals. The fact that she's a bow-locked foot unit obviously hurts, but having great bases to go with it lessens the blow a lot. I probably prefer her to Klein overall, as she comes around the time that you're starting to see more Dragon Knights, and so has more immediate use.

One notable thing is that, while it isn't like 35% is a primo growth, she has it in both STR and SPD, and so might be capable of some minor improvement to her already great offensive bases. She's really not very durable either, but that's fine since she's usually sniping Dragon Knights and riff-raff from behind the front lines, and is typically capable of at least taking one or two hits. She's nice to have.

6.5/10

Igrene is pretty good for what she is. What is considered good AS decays pretty fast in this game, but 15 is still alright for when she joins even if it isn't precisely stellar. She might even be justifiable as one of the six billion units you're allowed to bring to chapter 21. She has the same disadvantages all Sniper's have, and she only starts with B bows (unlike Klein), so that hurts her somewhat.

crash hates her 10/10

but seriously 5.5/10 she's alright as a unit for when she arrives, but nothing special

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Igrene's a speedier Klein basically. Her bases are pretty solid, and her growths are alright for a pre-promote; 35% for both STR and SPD with 16 base STR/15 base SPD is pretty good.

She's nice for sniping wyverns and pegasi out of the sky, and the killer bow she comes with in her joining chapter will be a good use.

5.5/10.

6/10 with a bias point. Igrene is a slightly faster Klein who comes with a Killer Bow. There are enough dragon knights/masters that she has plenty to kill up to the final chapter. And there's worse things than being bowlocked in a game full of flying pricks. She also has interesting supports and she's hot as hell.

yndog.jpg

6/10 with a bias point. Igrene is a slightly faster Klein who comes with a Killer Bow. There are enough dragon knights/masters that she has plenty to kill up to the final chapter. And there's worse things than being bowlocked in a game full of flying pricks. She also has interesting supports and she's hot as hell.

motherfucker I almost did it again

I read this and went "what the fuck how could omni rate sophia a 6/10?!"

I need to get my shit together.

4DQOS.jpg

There. Fanservice for you dudes out there.

She's got an interesting past and does okay with the bow she has. Too bad her support list bites.

5.5/10

4DQOS.jpg

There. Fanservice for you dudes out there.

She's got an interesting past and does okay with the bow she has. Too bad her support list bites.

5.5/10

<3

Inb4 Crash goes into a racist frenzy :P:

Well, I guess fe6 is a game where being prepromoted and bowlocked is alright.

5/10.

Igrene isn't bad, though I really hate how she lacks any way of using Silver without building it up. Solid enough bases, serviceable. Especially for fans. Oh and Crash hates her, which is another benefit. Though I wish her growths were a little better.

5/10. Doesn't have A Bows, but Steel/Killer is generally good enough to destroy Wyverns, and that's her biggest use anyways. I don't tend to use her much against other units, but it doesn't actually take THAT long to build her rank up if you don't go super max efficiency.

Comes with decent bases and can use every bow but Silver and unlike archers you don't have to waste a ton of time and a Bolt on her. She'd actually really like Silver but Killer access is quite good on its own. She's not as good as a trained Klein but oh well.

+1 for fanservice unit, 7/10

She has very reasonable bases, just a shame about her growths. Still, she's a pretty competent fighter so long as she's kept out of harm's way, and can deal reliable, significant damage to flying units, and that Killer Bow will no doubt ORKO some enemy units.

60%.