Rate the Unit, Day 23: Sirius

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

- Any jokes about this guys name (Ex: Why so Sirius) will get your vote tossed out, No Exceptions!

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

Yumina: 8.20

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Edited by *Narshen*

I give Srs a 9/10

He comes early and pre-promoted so he can go flier and other shit, and has good bases and good growths. Add a +1 bias point because I like the mask and he's hot.

so 10/10

Sirius is the best damn character you can get your hands on when on the higher difficulties, yes...even better than Palla.

His weapon ranks are ridiculous for one thing (A Lances and B Swords? Goodness sakes!), and his bases are amazing. To add onto it, his growths are excellent and he will stay awesome the entire game. You will not find a better character on the higher difficulties than him period, as he comes at a time where weapon rank matters a lot and he absolutely has them cranked up as high as they can be for the point of the game you get him.

Plus he's one of my favorite characters. 9/10 +1 Bias for an overall score of 10/10

Edited by Chainy

He's like the Percy of FE12 (it should be the other way around since he came first, but meh). Good bases, super weapon ranks, pretty solid growths, and doesn't waste a promotion item. Plus, he's cute, so he gets a bias point.

9+ 1 = 10/10

He'll do okay, I guess. The only "bad" things I can think of are being relegated to staffbot (why you'd do this is beyond me) and is not-amazing Luck, where random crits matter.

9/10

Extremely useful due to coming early and pre-promoted, with above average growths to componsate. This allows him to do alot of stuff(go DracoKnight, auto-C-rank Bows on Sniper), along with his already stellar bases and weapon ranks that makes him one of your best units for most of the game. Low luck can be a problem at times but on H1 it won't be too major.

9.5/10

Edited by arvilino

I find hes outclassed by any prologue unit you have in H1. Ive had a draco ryan in the same chapter he joins in a draft with much better stats than his bases. Anyway, Good weapon ranks, good growths, good bases and can instadracospam. 8.5/10

Drafts also have a compressed CEXP gain for certain units, so do keep that in mind.

Sirius, Palla, Catria, and Fighter!MU with Reclass limits removed is just about all you need throughout the game. They all have good weapon ranks, can fly, and have feasibility. Sirius doesn't take as dramatic of a hit with his horrid Luck in this mode in comparison to H3 (and H3'), but he really needs slightly better growths to compensate for his "okay" bases (no really - 6 base Spd and +35% growth vs. Palla's +3 Spd base is still pretty significant). I hope in the videos to come I demonstrate that Sirius does "good enough" in Lunatic, though quite frankly I fear for his life in Lunatic'. Not that Palla is in a much better spot later on (9 base, 20% growth kind of sucks too), but she has minor room for error for some of the crit-heavy units that have Skill later on.

Of course, I'm not saying Sirius > Palla either. Not even in this mode. No, Palla still curbstomps him in this mode. Let's not forget that. I even think Catria beats him at the end of the day too.

I give him an 8.5/10. Buuuut, because he is kind of bad ass with the mask and what not, I'll give him a 0.5 bias point and raise it to a 9/10.