Rate the Unit: Day L

Shin

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted - incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Turban/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 19:00 BST! Take that, Americans!

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Daisy: 3.65

Johalva: 3.93

Patty: 4.31

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Johan: 5.08

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Fin: 7.82

Nanna: 8.00

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Shanan: 8.56

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Fee: 8.86

Leaf: 9.45

Celice: 9.54

Nanna got 8 exactly!

Janne

Uh... Mobile healer at best, and that's Relive at best. I guess she can return too. She can't fight and has no access to decent staves. Still, someone's got to heal Fin as he defends Lenster.

4.5/10

Mediocre combat with C swords, and she has generally poor growths so it's not really going anywhere if you bother babying her. All she has going for her is mounted healing; which, in actuality, is fairly useful since she comes with a Relive. She is somewhat useful, but still her potential is very limited; I guess if you really want her to see combat she does okay with magic swords, but there are better candidates for those.

4.5/10

Also, I like how Fin's Gen I and Gen II scores were almost identical, with Gen II being barely lower. Dat Fin, always steady.

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

Subs are ranked for all-subs. She's got B swords, which is enough to use the brave sword, which means she can use the gen1 80+ kill brave sword lightsabre, which means she can finish arenas, which means she is a mounted healer that gets free arena XP and self-funded, which means she is going to be somewhere between useful and critical in every chapter she exists in, which means she is an

8/10

EDIT: no I prefer this one so count it as mine instead

Edited by Integrity

7/10

She is a mounted healer who comes with relieve, which is nice. She makes Nanna seem like a fighting goddess though because she is unable to fight with her C in swords and lack of strength. Her growths and bases are pretty lacking too. She's useful as a healer for your cavalry squad though.

Edited by Bee

Subs are ranked for all-subs. She's got B swords, which is enough to use the brave sword, which means she can use the gen1 80+ kill brave sword lightsabre, which means she can finish arenas, which means she is a mounted healer that gets free arena XP and self-funded, which means she is going to be somewhere between useful and critical in every chapter she exists in, which means she is an

8/10

8/10

Also, like really? 4/10? 5/10? When Ethlin got over a 9/10? Yeah, Ethlin comes a little earlier and has easier access to better staves but she also leaves early. How is there even this much disparity between the two?

EDIT: Also I did forget that Ethlin has pursuit. But yeah, still don't think that Janne's disadvantages would warrant such a lower score compared to what Ethlin was receiving, since they both basically perform the same role.

Edited by frat_tastic

oh my god I missed Nanna and Fin

fuck my life

Janne is mediocre statwise, hase no skills that I'm aware of (i can't remember), but she is a relive staff on a horse. Beyond healing, she's not doing a lot else though :/

5/10

Kind of agree with frat_tastic and slootwindow. I'm using sloot's vote for mine. For reference:

8/10

EDIT: Also I did forget that Ethlin has pursuit. But yeah, still don't think that Janne's disadvantages would warrant such a lower score compared to what Ethlin was receiving, since they both basically perform the same role.

Uh-uh. Ethlin doesn't even promote into Pursuit. She's only got Critical for her entire life.

Neither does Janne?

I haven't really been paying attention to this; why is Daisy better than Radney and Roddlevan?

I know Jeanne doesn't have Pursuit, but frat portrayed Ethlin having Pursuit (which she doesn't) as a possible explanation to why she is so far above Jeanne.

I seem to remember a lot of people putting a lot of weight on Daisy's nominal money-laundering capabilities. More, I suppose, than the swordsubs. I suspect a lot of voters haven't played much with the subs compared to other subs.

Mounted healers are welcome. Janne has bad stats but her weapon ranks ain't bad and she has a horse which is more than most of the subs can claim. She lacks a lot of the intangibles you'd get with Nanna, but in a subs run you ain't getting Nanna so those intangibles don't mean squat. Ability to use the Brave Sword is a major plus, since she lacks Pursuit.

7/10

Really, Jeanne IS Ethlin except without Critical and with an existent MAG growth.

She's got some shuffled growths (+/- 10 in some places) but that's how it shakes out.

Oh, and she doesn't have A Swords but that means ...no Silver, so eh.