Rate the Unit, Day 29: Tanith

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings the sonic sword" or any other justification as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Rolf: 1.15

Sothe: 2.03

Brom: 2.32

Shinon: 3.00

Devdan: 4.11

Volke : 4.82

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.15

Rhys: 5.31

Gatrie: 5.46

Mia: 5.71

Muarim: 6.19

Mist: 6.41

Mordecai: 6.55

Makalov: 6.59

Tormod: 6.62

Zihark: 6.65

Lethe: 6.75

Nephenee: 6.79

Stefan: 7.40

Astrid: 7.76

Boyd: 8.29

Ike: 8.57

Oscar: 9.08

Kieran: 9.23

Jill: 9.31

Marcia: 9.36

Titania: 9.91

Oh god, I love Tanith. Not as much as Marcia, but still. biggrin.gif

Tanith, captain of the Holy Guard (just under Sigrun). A stern woman but deeply cares for Sanaki.

Pros:

HOLY SHIT.

REINFORCE!!!

Flies.

Great weapon ranks.

Great bases.

Decent growths.

Earth Affinity.

Great base level.

Prepromote.

Cons:

A bit low on the strength side.

Lets get to the point guys, Tanith is broken in this game. The only thing that doesnt make her like, the best, is her join time. But guess what, shes still so damn wrong, it doesnt matter. She flies, she has good weapon ranks so she can use good swords and lances. She's at level 11 prepromoted as a Falcon Knight. Shes got some nice bases. Shes got ok growths (especially in speed). Shes got Earth affinity AND she supports with Marcia. So both of them get some good avoid and they both can keep up with each other. Hell yes. Her strength isnt gr8mazing so she may need a boost there but since she can use higher weapon ranks, that shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Oh yeah...shes got this skill....REINFORCE. This is what makes Tanith all the more worth it. This calls three partner units who are peg knights. One is a Falcon Knight. (And pretty tough!) Tanith can use this skill twice in one map. THATS SIX EXTRA MEATSHIELDS! Six extra targets that enemies can go after to draw fire away from your guys. Its so handy on maps like the one with Naesala and shiz. These drones have ok stats (and that Falcon Knight....) so they can really help you out or just act as ballista/siege tome bait.

tumblr_lyfnwkheRH1qhv6pa.jpg

Tanith is easily a 10/10. At least with bias. 9.5/10 without bias

Edited by Florina

Pros:

+Flier

+Has the unique ability of Reinforce

+Great affinity, supports with three of the best units in the game who are also great affinities

+Decent growths, especially good skill growth

+Triangle attack

+A rank swords, B rank lances

Cons:

-Fragile for her level, growths won't fix it

-Strength falls short.

Tanith is great, even as a pre-promote. She's fragile, but not much more than Marcia, and they support with each other to just make themselves even better. Her weapon ranks put her in instant silver swords, which is handy considering this game uses swords for the pegasus triangle attack. Reinforce brings in bait NPC units who are semi-controllable, so you can use them to lure enemy reinforcements, or hold them off for a turn or two. The weapons she comes with are okay, but we all know that Sonic Sword has Mist's name on it. She is probably your best candidate for the Flame Lance, though. Her offence lacks compared to Marcia, Jill, or Haar, but she brings enough utility to the table through great supports and a unique skill to stand out from the crowd. She's just not sturdy enough to go alone.

I'd call Tanith an 8.5/10 and then bias point it up to 9/10 because I like her art.

Edited by Samias

Titania if she came half a game later, had wings, worse weapon selection, but not much worse, and, oh yeah, RE-FUCKING-INFORCE.

9.5 + bias 10/10

Edited by bottlegnomes

Excellent unit. While she's outclassed by Marcia and Jill, fliers are absolutely amazing in PoR, and Tanith is no exception.

Excellent weapon ranks (A swords, B lances means Auto Silver Sword and only one weapon rank away from Silver Lances) and solid bases mean that Tanith requires no training to start contributing. Tanith supports with some of the best units in the game. She can do double Earth with Oscar (if he's got any available space) or support with Marcia or Reyson to boost Tanith's decent offense), and all of her support options are likely to be fielded, because they're excellent units.

Reinforce gives her some unique utility. The units can act as lures for status staves, which are common in the later chapters, or they can simply go on suicide missions going down in an effort to damage some enemies. The Falco Knight has better stats than Tanith does, and "dat Silver Lance" might keep the reinforcements around for a while.

I say that's worth an 8.5. She isn't around enough for a long time, but she's incredibly useful when she is. I'm giving a full point of bias to her because I like her character.

9.5/10

Edited by Battle Cleric Liz

Tanith, captain of the Holy Guard (just under Sigrun). A stern woman but deeply cares for Sanaki.

Pros:

HOLY SHIT.

REINFORCE!!!

Flies.

Great weapon ranks.

Great bases.

Decent growths.

Earth Affinity.

Great base level.

Prepromote.

Cons:

A bit low on the strength side.

Lets get to the point guys, Tanith is broken in this game. The only thing that doesnt make her like, the best, is her join time. But guess what, shes still so damn wrong, it doesnt matter. She flies, she has good weapon ranks so she can use good swords and lances. She's at level 11 prepromoted as a Falcon Knight. Shes got some nice bases. Shes got ok growths (especially in speed). Shes got Earth affinity AND she supports with Marcia. So both of them get some good avoid and they both can keep up with each other. Hell yes. Her strength isnt gr8mazing so she may need a boost there but since she can use higher weapon ranks, that shouldnt be too much of a problem.

Oh yeah...shes got this skill....REINFORCE. This is what makes Tanith all the more worth it. This calls three partner units who are peg knights. One is a Falcon Knight. (And pretty tough!) Tanith can use this skill twice in one map. THATS SIX EXTRA MEATSHIELDS! Six extra targets that enemies can go after to draw fire away from your guys. Its so handy on maps like the one with Naesala and shiz. These drones have ok stats (and that Falcon Knight....) so they can really help you out or just act as ballista/siege tome bait.

tumblr_lyfnwkheRH1qhv6pa.jpg

Tanith is easily a 10/10. At least with bias. 9.5/10 without bias

Tanith is a powerful unit with some good stats, and awesome ability, one of the few units who can manage to use magic swords somewhat well, can actually use the magic lances, great supports (including a duel-Earth with Oscar) and flies! Frick yea! Great unit and my favorite peggy in the game.

That said, she does join a little on the late side...

9.5 (8.5+1 personal)/10

8.75/10

Tanith is awesome. She has Oscar and Reyson supports to kick major behind, and she has the godly Reinforce. She can also use Magic weapons from the beginning and has semi-decent Magic to do so. Her dodging is pretty awesome too. She can be frail, and C25 is very unfriendly to her.

no way in fuck should she beat jill

I expected a Manith joke. Ahem anyway Tanith is awesome.

Great bases, flies, high weapon ranks, can use the sonic sword pretty well and if you want to give her overkill durability you can always support her with Oscar. She might be a little outclassed by Marcia, but tanith has enough things to set herself apart from her.

9/10+1 bias point for liking her personallity= 10/10

wow did't expect me to give a perfect score.

Pros:

+Reinforce, one of her main selling points and what makes her unique. I don't like using it personally, as it takes away experience from my other units, but if you don't care and just want to finish things fast or need some decent bait, she's got you covered.

+A Swords, B Lances, so a weapon rank away in each from being able to use all of them

+High magic for magic swords/lances like the Sonic Sword, which aren't very good in this game, but they help with effective damage/1-2 range

+Earth Affinity, including a possible double-Earth support with Oscar and 2 support square possibilities of Oscar-Tanith-Marcia-Kieran (best horse and pegasi units imo)

+Good skill and speed, along with decent bases elsewhere

+Triangle attack

Cons:

-1 for low strength and not much space to improve it. I had to give her forged steel lances to try to one-round physical enemies. A good thing is she has two possible Fire supports, but she's not getting more than 2 ATK from them, and it takes 6 chapters to build both to B.

-1 for low HP/defenses and the same problem as above coming from her high level. She's your most likely candidate for Full Guard since she needs it more than the other trained fliers.

-.25 for join time, although she's good

+1 for flier mobility

+.5 for Earth affinity and double-Earth support

+.25 for decent Reinforcements if necessary

9.5/10 I like her but not as much to give her any bias points, because of a few things I don't like of her. She's definitely one of the best pre-promotes in the game due to her high speed, affinity and flier mobility. If Titania's early-game contributions could have been outweighed by everything Tanith can do since she joins and up to endgame, it would have been a no-contest as to who should be in the top spot. But... Tanith joins at chapter 18.

PROS:

-9 movement, flying, canto

-good base stats

-good weapon ranks

-great support options/affinity

-reinforce

CONS:

-a little fragile

-joins late

Tanith is the ultimate filler unit. Reinforce is extremely useful and her combat is on par with Titania's.

9/10 - She comes with her own personal army.

Edited by Hawk King

If only this were Maniac mode and we were rating Tanith's Falconknight Reinforcement as a separate unit, that chick is amazing.

But Tanith herself is good. Decent filler flier with okay stats, okay growths, is promoted and well-leveled at a time when other units should be promoted too (so she's not useless and needing to catch up), good weapon ranks, potential to actually make some modest use of the Sonic Sword without a bunch of time or ranks invested, Earth affinity and supports Marcia (for movement matching) and Oscar (for uber-Oscar with Ike/Tanith)... and Reinforce, which is basically the ultimate bait move. The Falcoknight she summons is even pretty competent, overall. You don't want to overuse them but having a nice effectively-immortal lure (Tanith always has more fodder, which would be kind of amusing if she kept getting her comrades killed in action) is pretty sweet, and it's a totally unique ability.

8/10

This promoted flier isn't Juno. Tanith actually has the stats to match her immense high level. She is the kind of units you would expect to have some crazy recruitment requirement like have a certain unit visit a certain spot on the map or something.

But just after Ike just got promotes in a proud level 1 Lord, Tanith who is Lv. 10 mounted and promoted joins entirely for free. It's nuts.

With her high bases she can immediately keep up with the team and probably surpass quite a few of them even before you factor the whole: Flying mount thing in. Besides, how many teams are so filled that there isn't a deployment slot for a units as awesome as her?

And she actually still can grow a bit. Not that she needs to.

But wait, there is more: She has really nice support options with Reyson and Marcia with little competition. And she has this sexy earth affinity. Thanks to her high magic she is also the reason that the Bolt Axe is the only magic weapon entirely useless. (Not counting the Bright Bow, of course)

And she can summon her own army of fliers, just for added overkill. Particular the Falconknight is awesome. Just what does Tanith feed to her soldiers?

9.5/10 - Lv. 10! Promoted! Flier! That's all. Who cares that she joins late if she is awesome from the moment she joins and stays like that until the end?

Edited by BrightBow

Great unit and my favorite peggy in the game.

Out of...2. Stiff competition.

5/10. She starts off too weak for her level and her growths don't make up for it. Reinforce is useful, but the PK she calls in are only really good for dying.This includes a -1 bias.

EDIT: Fine, when you compare her to others, which this entire thing is designed for, she has subpar stats even compared to the Falco Knight she calls in as a reinforcement.

Edited by Ragnell_wielder

5/10. She starts off to weak for her level and her growths don't make up for it. Reinforce is useful, but they PK she calls in are only really good for dying.

I feel like this is going to get tossed.

5/10. She starts off too weak for her level and her growths don't make up for it. Reinforce is useful, but the PK she calls in are only really good for dying.This includes a -1 bias.

EDIT: Fine, when you compare her to others, which this entire thing is designed for, she has subpar stats even compared to the Falco Knight she calls in as a reinforcement.

I'm sorry, but there are so many things wrong with this vote.

I'm curious. What is the point of the 'personal' thing? I mean, all our votes are being made by our personal measure of a units form and function and how well they aid us in our various manners of play. Tanith could end up super-high if someone really values flight and reinforce, or really low if they value join time for example. I'm not saying those would be necessarily justified, but they ARE personal values? Sooo... Best I can figure out is that it's a extra point we can add/remove without being questioned or to tilt it towards a certain score without being outright disruptive.