Iwata Asks ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~

VincentASM

It is an excellent read, I'm glad that this was translated. I sent word out to GoNintendo, so hopefully more people will read this and become familiar with the game.

Thanks. I sent them a message too.

It would be awesome if they add it, but they didn't add the FE10 interview I submitted last time : (

I also sent TinyCartridge a message, but they've only mentioned the FE13 calendar at the moment.

Excellent work. I take it New Mystery of the Emblem is being dropped from the translated title, though? :(

Yes it is. Unless TheEnd tries to kill me.

Edited by VincentASM

Tonight, on what is the essence of...

... Mario?

<Miyamoto> Obstacle courses with flagpoles!

... Zelda?

<Aonuma> Puzzles with lots of NPCs!

... Metroid?

<Sakamoto> Maternal instincts!

... Kirby?

<Kawase> You can be anything!

... Fire Emblem?

<Higuchi> The weight of human life!

It even funnier because Narihiro later on actually gives a short and consice answer to that question when discussing FE4:

As was previously discussed, this series is partly about the strategy system and partly about presenting a charming cast of characters and a fascinating world to the player. The games consist of these two elements blended together.

It seems that Awakening was made with that essence in mind... once again after lots of internal struggle.

Whenever I hear someone complain about permadeath, I'm gonna say it gives you a "pleasant feeling of tension" from now on.

I know what you mean man. I started this FE yesterday and I knew that units return after the tutorial maps so I just let Draug and Sheema die to cut down 1 turn.

• 1 month later...