Livestream for Fire Emblem Trading Card Game: Cipher --- sneak peek at "if" cards

Rekt no Ken

The livestream "room" is open to enter and the broadcast will begin in about 15 minutes.

LINK: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv216702710

UPDATES:

• It's a press conference. They showed a trailerwith some of the cards including new ones we haven't seen before like Vaike and Inigo.
  • Daisuke Izuka, a well known TCG artist, will be doing some of the artwork. He shared this on Twitter.
  • Yusuke Kozaki, character designer for FE: Awakening and If, made an appearance.
  • They opened a giant size booster pack on stage. These were the cards inside.
  • Kozaki drew the dancer from FE: if - whose name can be presumed to be Aqua - in a matter of minutes. The final result:

Qr2AFI9.png

• There will be cards from FE: if. The last two are new characters that appear to be exclusive to the card game.

4g8fiiZ.png

VtTuLH1.png

eoBZT6S.png

camillavshinoka_zpsckl9yjfh.png

Op2hRE8.png

Edited by Rekt no Ken

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BGM use in this stream is cracking me up so much. Thanks for the link.

PS: I'm hype for Masaki Hirooka

EDIT: lmao they're making Kozaki sketch a card on the spot on a canvas.

Edited by Irysa

The BGM use in this stream is cracking me up so much. Thanks for the link.

PS: I'm hype for Masaki Hirooka

EDIT: lmao they're making Kozaki sketch a card on the spot on a canvas.

Yay, I'm not alone! haha Thanks for posting.

People on reddit are saying they heard the name of the dancer in "if" will be Lynn but that's not confirmed (plus it seems irrelevant to the TCG conference) so I haven't added it to the OP.

Kozaki is taking his sweet time so I'm sure it will be great. I wonder which character he's drawing.

Edited by Rekt no Ken

It WOULD be on Nicovideo. I forgot my account. ;/

Was there any gameplay demonstration? This looks really interesting, but I want to see how it's played.

Did they say they were making a wave of original characters for the game? I thought they called the dark mage and pegasus knight cards at the end original, but perhaps they just meant they were new to IF.

Did they say they were making a wave of original characters for the game? I thought they called the dark mage and pegasus knight cards at the end original, but perhaps they just meant they were new to IF.

Oh holy god please no! That dark mage design can burn in hell!! >:O

It WOULD be on Nicovideo. I forgot my account. ;/

Was there any gameplay demonstration? This looks really interesting, but I want to see how it's played.

Aww sorry you missed it :< Hopefully it's uploaded somewhere else like Youtube. The website didn't require login to watch it live.

There was a brief pre-recorded gameplay demonstration. From the looks of it, cards will be able to "support" one another.

I was shocked that they would reveal 2 new "if" characters so anticlimactically but I guess that would make sense if they were exclusive to the card game.

Edited by Rekt no Ken

I just don't understand why they would make original characters where there are literally hundreds of other characters who can be made into cards. I also swear that the producer said something about Super Smash Bros and Ike with regards to the third wave.

Did they also spoil that Sakura promotes into a class that uses bows?

I just don't understand why they would make original characters where there are literally hundreds of other characters who can be made into cards. I also swear that the producer said something about Super Smash Bros and Ike with regards to the third wave.

Did they also spoil that Sakura promotes into a class that uses bows?

I was hoping they would make cards for every game in the series but I think they're more focused on making "popular" cards based on well-known games like Awakening and Smash.

Also, yes, it appears so! Nice catch, thank you for sharing.

I missed the beginning, but they showed that you have two areas to play characters and archers attack with a range of 2 (e.g. the enemy that is 2 spaces ahead of them) and you can move cards from one of your 2 levels to the other. There's also something called a "protagonist" card that you choose out of your (50 card) deck that seems to be important in some way (maybe something like MTG's Commander format?). That's about all I gleaned as far as gameplay/rules.

About those last 2 cards, I mentioned this in the FE:if forums: my Japanese is terrible but I think says those are new characters created for the card game (so not if characters).

Thanks for posting this! The stream was way early morning my time, but it's nice to see some highlights.

You're very welcome!

I missed the beginning, but they showed that you have two areas to play characters and archers attack with a range of 2 (e.g. the enemy that is 2 spaces ahead of them) and you can move cards from one of your 2 levels to the other. There's also something called a "protagonist" card that you choose out of your (50 card) deck that seems to be important in some way (maybe something like MTG's Commander format?). That's about all I gleaned as far as gameplay/rules.

About those last 2 cards, I mentioned this in the FE:if forums: my Japanese is terrible but I think says those are new characters created for the card game (so not if characters).

Gotcha. Thank you so much for explaining. Your shaky Japanese >>> my nonexistent Japanese.

Here it is.

camillavshinoka_zpsckl9yjfh.png

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I didn't catch this when it aired. I'll look for it later on youtube or something, but I'm definitely interested in this. I think it's a little strange to have game-original characters, even characters from an upcoming game, instead of creating cards for characters of past games, but it doesn't bother me much. If you have a commander and it dies you probably lose the game, like how Chrom dying in Awakening is game over. It makes sense. I wonder, will they release cards of the same character but with art and stats/effects of different classes? Like you have a Chrom - Lord card with a set of art and a Chrom - Paladin card with matching art? From what I have read in your posts it doesn't sound like they go too far into the mechanics of the game.

Here are all (most?) of the cards they showed off during the presentation.

Athena_zpsm3ek8iyf.png

inigacaedalucina_zpsasha2t2q.png

Inigo is by series veteran Sachiko Wada, Caeda is by Douji Shiki who did Elincia's DLC art in Awakening, Lucina is by Hirooka Masaki character designer for Kid Icarus: Uprising

marthchrom_zps2fnywmfl.png

Art by Kozaki and Daisuke Izuka who did the character design for the DS games

lucinavirion_zpscufj7exo.png

cain_zpsgntzgaff.png

gaiusvaikejagen_zps94i7qroy.png

Jagen is done by King Gonta

minerva_zpsztgcdu7o.png

Tharja_zpsp5rdsfnc.png

pallacatriaest_zps8aejflaz.png

HACCAN did Alm's DLC artwork in Awakening

Marx and Ryouma are drawn by Rika Suzuki who did BS Fire Emblem, and Seliph's DLC art in Awakening

Edited by Hardin

lucinavirion_zpscufj7exo.png

cain_zpsgntzgaff.png

These two pictures interest me the most. It looks like attacking is done with weapons, so I wouldn't be surprised if the weapon triangle comes back. From what I can see on the board, perhaps the second number underneath Cain's promotion deals with number of turns? But it doesn't really address the "turn over" symbol I saw on Maribelle's card. Ugh, gotta wait!

And WTF is up with zombie Wrys?!

EDIT: And my favorite card artist made a comment about it on Twitter. SQUEE!

Edited by eclipse

Zombie Wrys and pegasus knight Minerva are original scenario cards created specifically for Cipher. But unlike the original characters from the last page these cards are being sold as part of the Shadow Dragon series.

If anyone missed the livestream (like me), it's been archived already here.

I was wondering if they'd show off "if" cards.

EDIT:

Series 2 will have Fire Emblem if (Hoshido and Nohr) characters.

Series 3 will have Fire Emblem if and Path of Radiance characters.

Edited by VincentASM