Concert minor update: Theme song name and bit on Aqua's role

VincentASM

So there's been another small update to the 25th Anniversary concert site and while there isn't much new, I figured I'd make a new thread since there isn't much else to discuss XD

Of note, the event page has been updated and there's an interesting blurb about Aqua's role and the mysterious real-life singer "Renka" (蓮花, literally "Lotus") who provides her singing voice.

最新作ifの注目ポイントのひとつは、歌に癒しの力を宿すヒロインの歌姫 “アクア”の登場。 世界に唯一無二の清らかさと聖なる響きを持ち、力強さと儚さの双方を併せ持つというアクアの歌声を表現できる奇蹟のような歌い手が求められ、多くの候補者 が挙げられる中、「歌を聞いた瞬間に、この子だと思いました」(※インテリジェントシステムズ音楽担当談)と運命に引き寄せられるように選ばれたのが「蓮 花」であった。
まだ、その素性が明らかになっていない謎のアーティスト「蓮花」は、「ファイアーエムブレムif」テーマ曲「if~ひとり思う~」でデビューが決定。
デビューシングルは7月1日(水)に2形態で発売される。

I can only really read the first bit, which is "Aqua has the power to heal with her songs". (Easy enough, right? XD)

Also, the theme song for the game is "if~ひとり思う~", which name-wise interestingly resembles Awakening's "Id" songs. I think the song itself is called "if ~ thinking alone", but somebody (SoC?) may want to double check that.

Lastly, I'm not 100% sure, but Renka and Lynn-san, her voice actress, might be different people. Anyone good with faces?

In any case, her official site is here. On 1st July, her debut single (if's theme song) will be released as a CD or first print CD + DVD bundle (the latter includes two MVs and a reversible cover designed by Yusuke Kozaki).

Actually... real last thing: I noticed the box above the blurb states that the concert has (at least) two specific parts: the "Hero King" part and the "Light Inheritors" part. FE1/3/4 (and 5?) music confirmed!

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"if~ひとり思う~" is gonna be released as a single? Holy shit!

My prediction is that the limited edition will be sold out a few hours after pre-orders are available.

Edited by Ryo

"Aqua has the power to heal with her songs"

Does this mean we'll have different kind of dances like Fe7's rings? Maybe I'm looking too much into that

Or maybe its like Zelda: Majoras Mask. Kamui goes berserk dragon after some curse or something and her song heals him/her and allows him/her to control the form.

Edited by Jedi

I think it's just a fancy way to say that her song will give a unit an extra turn/boost a unit's stats/another utility function. We have too many early-game healers on both sides already...

I think it's just a fancy way to say that her song will give a unit an extra turn/boost a unit's stats/another utility function. We have too many early-game healers on both sides already...

That didn't stop FE1/3/11!

But as my edit states it may be more a plot related thing then a game mechanic. Or maybe its both.

Sadly I lack the means for online purchases currently :/ thanks for the link though. Surely some will get it.

Edited by Jedi

Also I think ひとり思う comes from the song's last line (in the trailer): 暁 一人(ひとり) 思う

Edited by Ryo

Or maybe its like Zelda: Majoras Mask. Kamui goes berserk dragon after some curse or something and her song heals him/her and allows him/her to control the form.

We already have an FE equivalent to this with Heron Galdr. So that would be my guess.

Also I think ひとり思う comes from the song's last line (in the trailer): 暁 一人(ひとり) 思う

Good catch.

So something closer to "thinking of the one [person]"?

EDIT: I tried looking into the other lines a bit more and I think I'm getting closer to something that doesn't mean gibberish.

その歌声には、世界に唯一無二、清らかさと聖なる響きを持ち、儚さと力強さの双方を表現できる歌い手が求められ、

数多の候補者が挙げらる中、「歌を聞いた瞬間に、この子だと思いました」(ファイアーエムブレムの開発会社であるインテリジェントシステムズ音楽担当談)…

Aqua's singing voice is unique, possessing a pure and divine quality, with the ability to represent both strength and fragility. After looking at many candidates "as soon as we heard her [Renka] sing, we knew she was the one". (Intelligent Systems)

EDIT2: Corrected

Edited by VincentASM

I think it depends on the context, I'm not an expert on Japanese though (just started learning). For reference, there's a whole thread dedicated to translating the song here XD

They are sparing no expense for IF, even hiring a singer to sing the main theme. I loving the treatment that IF is getting from Ninendo. :3

Edit: Youske gain much popularity from Awakening, hopefully through IF Renka can have a breakout.

Edited by Awakener_

They are sparing no expense for IF, even hiring a singer to sing the main theme. I loving the treatment that IF is getting from Ninendo. :3

Well, Renka is a debut singer, so maybe it doesn't cost as much? XD

Three circles, three choices. Maybe since they're circles, it means your choices don't matter

Or that the two basic choice are wrong and that only the third choice is the shiny, beautiful and correct one.

All three circles look a little broken though. :0

So perhaps regardless of which path you choose there will be people who lose out... Would that confirm killing family members on both sides in the neutral path?

I can only really read the first bit, which is "Aqua has the power to heal with her songs". (Easy enough, right? XD)

I hope this is hinting that we get some different options/power-ups for dancing and/or singing like there was in the GBA games and PoR/RD.