This week's (4th June) Famitsu scans are up

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read it, and there were a couple of points I personally thought where interesting:

- The Hoshido castle will be in an area rich in natural beauty, whereas the Nohr castle will be in a desolate area. I was secretly hoping they'd give us a choice of where to build our castle, but I guess not!

- The dragon statue in the Nohr castle is shown to be named "Statue of [the/a] Dark Dragon" and the one in the Hoshido castle is named the "Statue of [the/a] Light Dragon"

- The Nohr shop sells a 'Freeze' staff

- Some functions that used to be in the main menu, like the sound room and the hubba tester, are now found inside a 'museum' building in your castle. Not sure if I like this. (Although perhaps they'll still be in the main menu as well?)

- Your castle will have 1 type of food ingredient and 1 type of mineral as 'local specialties' (that players with other specialties can presumably obtain by visiting your castle)

Oh, and then there's the screenshot with the map of the castle and what appears to be an overview ofthe minerals and food ingredients the player has collected that I also think is rather interesting!

mycast11.jpg

The icons on the top right of the bottom screen seem to confirm that the castle has a dawn-day-dusk-night cycle, which I think is pretty neat. There's also the dragon vein icon shown together with an empty gauge, which I'm going to assume is the same icon + gauge that we saw in the My Castle trailer when the player won a streetpass battle. I suppose this means winning streetpass battles (or maybe just winning battles in general?) is what earns you dragon vein points?

Edited by Icy Toast

Everything looks COOL, also YES Kitsune.

I wonder what the freeze staff is about?

Pls status effects

Status would be interesting to have come back with these new debuffs. That's a lot to look out for! EXCITING if they do.

Also Emeraldfox is gonna dig that Lena card.

Edited by Jedi

Thanks for posting!

Looks like nothing too major since we just had that Direct, but nice to see clearer images of the characters. Nishiki looks great transformed.

Also, Freeze staff? Status staves??

Edited by Book Bro

So, the Nohr romans influence is very strong from these images.

Kamui confirmed for dragon deer.

That card of the redhead... Is her Lena?

Mh, Tharja is sexy as always. Bah.

i hear freeze and think either

something that reduces speed, probably messing up your speed in battle

or just all out preventing you to move

but hey, there's more info on this done the line, right?

Just read it, and there were a couple of points I personally thought where interesting:

- The Hoshido castle will be in an area rich in natural beauty, whereas the Nohr castle will be in a desolate area. I was secretly hoping they'd give us a choice of where to build our castle, but I guess not!

- The dragon statue in the Nohr castle is shown to be named "Statue of [the/a] Dark Dragon" and the one in the Hoshido castle is named the "Statue of [the/a] Light Dragon"

- The Nohr shop sells a 'Freeze' staff

i thought that desert area shown in the direct was another location you could get

guess i was wrong

dark dragon and light dragon?

inb4 theories

i wonder what would be the hoshido equivalent

this is all pretty cool stuff being shown, man

Please bring back status staves, please bring back status staves, please bring back status staves....

If I say it long enough, they'll here me over in Japan, right?

Kind of cool to see that Foxy boy is a new transformer after all. I wonder if his transformation abilities will have weapon ranks, etc. like Dragonstones are for Kamui, or if it'll be more similar to the Awakening style, or even like Tellius's Laguz.

The love tester concerns me, although it could be like awakening and not be anything important, although they keep hinting at S rank supports returning which has my fear. The new shifting Laguz like guy is cool, I wonder if they'll be like cats from FE 10. And those cards my god I want them especially the Lena one.

Some observations (some repeated)...

• Aqua finds some Soy Beans.
  • Cyrus and Rinka's relationship improves.
  • You can build a "Light Dragon Statue" in Hoshido.
  • Meanwhile Nohrians can erect a "Dark Dragon Statue" (slightly different spelling compared to "Shadow Dragon").
  • Effective weapons deal 3x damage (like critical hits in the past?).
  • Official name for resources/materials is "Specialties".
  • It may be possible to rename your castle... The example one is "Kamui's Castle".
  • Inside the "Archives", you can check your unit roster (presumably like the one in Awakening that has a description of the character), movies, BGM and also test the compatability of units.
  • It's suggested there will be new features in the Archive after progressing the game to a certain point...
  • There are two types of compatability tests--the first is exactly like Awakening's where it shows the two characters' thoughts towards eachother.
  • Meanwhile, the second give a numerical score.
  • Like in Awakening, the compatability tester has nothing to do with the rest of the game.
  • Nishiki transforms into a fox to attack.
  • The dishes cooked in the Canteen are slightly different depending on who's cooking.
  • Rinka is cooking a "Charred" Onigiri. Good luck eating that, Aqua...

i wonder what would be the hoshido equivalent

BURNING FLAMES.. Just like KAMINA'S SOUL.

Some observations (some repeated)...

• Aqua finds some Soy Beans.
  • Cyrus and Rinka's relationship improves.
  • You can build a "Light Dragon Statue" in Hoshido.
  • Meanwhile Nohrians can erect a "Dark Dragon Statue" (slightly different spelling compared to "Shadow Dragon").
  • Effective weapons deal 3x damage (like critical hits in the past?).
  • Official name for resources/materials is "Specialties".
  • It may be possible to rename your castle... The example one is "Kamui's Castle".
  • Inside the "Archives", you can check your unit roster (presumably like the one in Awakening that has a description of the character), movies, BGM and also test the compatability of units.
  • It's suggested there will be new features in the Archive after progressing the game to a certain point...
  • There are two types of compatability tests--the first is exactly like Awakening's where it shows the two characters' thoughts towards eachother.
  • Meanwhile, the second give a numerical score.
  • Like in Awakening, the compatability tester has nothing to do with the rest of the game.
  • Nishiki transforms into a fox to attack.
  • The dishes cooked in the Canteen are slightly different depending on who's cooking.
  • Rinka is cooking a "Charred" Onigiri. Good luck eating that, Aqua...

These all sound awesome.

Whoa 3X effectiveness.. We be FE6 up in here! I forget if Awakening did that too atm lol.

Edited by Jedi

Gonna risk a double post because I know it's important for some people.

In the Archives, there's a Support Conversation Viewer.

Pretty sure in-depth conversations are still in, otherwise why would you have a viewer for short, generic conversations?

That said, it's still not 100% confirmed. Maybe 80%? : P

- Your castle will have 1 type of food ingredient and 1 type of mineral as 'local specialties' (that players with other specialties can presumably obtain by visiting your castle)

I'm really starting to worry that the My Castle features are going to be really limited unless you streetpass regularly. Unless they add some kind of internet based method of getting streetpass data, it'll really suck for a lot of people. Streetpass is a crappy system that just doesn't work very well in most places.

Nice to see that Nishiki is definitely a shapeshifter though. Still wonder if there will be any other shifters or if it's just him and Kamui.

Edited by capmalachi

I'm really starting to worry that the My Castle features are going to be really limited unless you streetpass regularly. Unless they add some kind of internet based method of getting streetpass data, it'll really suck for most people. Streetpass is a crappy system that just doesn't work very well in most places.

Nice to see that Nishiki is definitely a shapeshifter though. Still wonder if there will be any other shifters or if it's just him and Kamui.

Not in Japan, they don't have this problem

But for me, it is BIG problem because nobody have 3DS in my city. NOBODY.

On Topic - wow, nice to see that menu will depend on character :D

I'm really starting to worry that the My Castle features are going to be really limited unless you streetpass regularly. Unless they add some kind of internet based method of getting streetpass data, it'll really suck for a lot of people. Streetpass is a crappy system that just doesn't work very well in most places.

I hope we can use our various friends on our friend lists too. I'm willing to bet that Nohr will have a shapeshifter possibly.

Freeze staff huh? That's interesting. Potential status effect staves return? I hope so. But berserk status can stay dead.

Don't you want berserk swords and staves though? :P

Not in Japan, they don't have this problem

Yeah well, lucky them. Unfortunately the rest of the world also exists and wants to play these games.

Well there's a chance they might include internet based streetpassing anyway. A few games recently have and it makes it so much easier, maybe IS will follow suit.

Edited by capmalachi

Interesting... you can build a prison.

Is that related to the scene where Hinoka is talking to a generic spellcaster?

What would we need a prison for.. Unless somehow capture is back from Thracia (which I HIGHLY DOUBT).