Introduction Trailer Analysis

VincentASM

This took... a bit longer than usual.

If you're interested to see the recent trailer torn apart, here you go:

Part 1

Part 2

One thing I didn't really have a chance to discuss was the debuff icons (which people already noticed earlier).

I haven't checked properly, so I don't know if they're caused by hidden weapons or something else.

Good analysis, pretty good if we can receive My Castle visitors from online but what makes you uncertain about whether it's possible?

However something interesting about Pair Up that you might have missed is that Gunther is only providing 2 STR and 4 DEF. While the base pair up bonus is 3 STR and 3 DEF in Awakening for a Great Knight Frederick immediatley provides 4 STR, 4 DEF, 1 SKL and 1 SPD because of his stats over 10. Considering the kind of stats we've been seeing for unpromoted units I have doubts Gunther would have less than 10 Strength, Defense and Skill which might mean the way the bonuses(if there are any) are applied may differ from Awakening.

Good analysis, pretty good if we can receive My Castle visitors from online but what makes you uncertain about whether it's possible?

However something interesting about Pair Up that you might have missed is that Gunther is only providing 2 STR and 4 DEF. While the base pair up bonus is 3 STR and 3 DEF in Awakening for a Great Knight Frederick immediatley provides 4 STR, 4 DEF, 1 SKL and 1 SPD because of his stats over 10. Considering the kind of stats we've been seeing for unpromoted units I have doubts Gunther would have less than 10 Strength, Defense and Skill which might mean the way the bonuses(if there are any) are applied may differ from Awakening.

When I typed it up, few people I know mentioned it (and SoC hadn't finished his trailer), so I just wanted to careful : P

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that.

Hmm, that could be one way to reduce Pair Up bonuses.

It took me a while, but I noticed Suzukaze's Hidden Weapon Hoshido equivalent looks to be gauntlets with arm blades while some others just seem to be knives. I didn't expect those from FE, but I'm pretty hyped. I doubt Kamui's promote will get them, so it sucks I can't use them personally. It'd be the only time I'd want to use a lance equivalent in FE.

Two things:

Thing one: I hope that they don't have a cap for non-main stats of a class when you pair up. I wanted my +5 when my stats reached 50+ back in Awakening.

Thing two: Seeing Leon cast a spell that bring out trees makes me think that they have made have added earth/nature spells. I'm waiting on my Earthquake or Rock Slide spell. Maybe even Vine Whip or Frenzy Plant and combine them with Leaf Storm

Edited by Magician Lugh

Kinda noticed this during the picture. All of them are recognizable characters but this knight in the corner. Judging that all the other characters in the picture in a named character, we can assume that the knight in the bottom is also one. The head is a giveaway that its possibly a unique unit (maybe recruitable, who knows.) Can someone help me figure this out?

Im ruling benoit out of being this unit. judging from the sprite and benoit's portrait, the hairstyle for the sprite makes the likelyness of just being benoit not convincing.

uB9lhkD.jpg

Because I forgot to say it, thanks Vincent for the analysis.

I may have heard this elsewhere, but I wonder if it's possible that barring Kamui (and maybe Aqua) the other siblings can only use one "type" of dragon's vein or something? Camilla's the one who dries up the river in the trailer, but maybe she's the only one of the Nohr siblings who can use "fire-based dragon's vein" or something? And each of the other siblings has an element that corresponds to them too?

Just watched the trailer for myself and I noticed that the scene when the MU is confronted by the Nosferatu and blocks a blow for, I think it's Suzukaze (still getting used to the characters), the Yatogami turns into the curved black sword. It's not a different blade. I can't say if it's a default ability or unlocked after certain requirements are met. Hope this is useful, though!

Kinda noticed this during the picture. All of them are recognizable characters but this knight in the corner. Judging that all the other characters in the picture in a named character, we can assume that the knight in the bottom is also one. The head is a giveaway that its possibly a unique unit (maybe recruitable, who knows.) Can someone help me figure this out?

Im ruling benoit out of being this unit. judging from the sprite and benoit's portrait, the hairstyle for the sprite makes the likelyness of just being benoit not convincing.

uB9lhkD.jpg

The guy you put as "???" is Beniot (spelling?), the intimidating armor knight who appears with Charlotte. He's on the JP website.

The guy you put as "???" is Beniot (spelling?), the intimidating armor knight who appears with Charlotte. He's on the JP website.

The skin tone is off and the hair doesn't match so I don't think so.

Actually, looking at the sprite, that's clearly a second female armor knight.

Every knight's sprite in this game seems to have that weird chest armor for some reason:

ogwqpwr.jpg

First image I could find

Pretty sure it's Benoit. The hair does match if you look closer; what's above his right eye isn't blond hair but skin. And you can see his sprite inside Charlotte's bio in the latest Famitsu issue, although it's quite small.

Every knight's sprite in this game seems to have that weird chest armor for some reason:

ogwqpwr.jpg

First image I could find

Pretty sure it's Benoit. The hair does match if you look closer; what's above his right eye isn't blond hair but skin. And you can see his sprite inside Charlotte's bio in the latest Famitsu issue, although it's quite small.

Ah, okay, I didn't catch the paler pixels until you pointed it out. Dunno why they would try to make the male sprites look female though.

The skin tone is off and the hair doesn't match so I don't think so.

No, the hair DOES match. It is shaved on the sides. Plus he's blond and the sprite has blond hair. He has a very, very light brown skin tone, so I guess it doesn't show up on his overworked sprite.

Man...we fight all those named units early. I'm gonna feel guilty taking down anyone with a name.

Maybe I'll do it with generics I've captured so I feel less guilty. It'll feel like justice for how often generics get taken down by named characters.