[Team If] Fire Emblem Fates - Content Restoration (v1.3) (PLEASE READ OP)

luyairis

WE HAVE MOVED TO THIS THREAD. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS CURRENT THREAD.

-------------------------

Hello!

This is the official topic for Team If's project, the Delocalization and Restoration of Lost Content of Fire Emblem: Fates (NA).

Please post all questions you have relating to the patch here. A team member or fellow forum follower will try to answer your question as soon as possible.

--

Planned Patch Files:

- Amie Restoration: Restore face-rubbing into Fire Emblem: Fates. The blowing functionality may be lost. We may be unable to do this.

IMPORTANT:

It is suggested that a fresh save be used for any content restoration patch, as the game is accessing content previously unavailable, players may experience problems with their new content going to and from patched/unpatched; Also, do not use any content restorations online, this could lead to either bans from Nintendo, or you could possibly crash other player's games.

--

Downloads:

Patcher

Swimsuits

Undub [Mirror]

Name Patch (WIP)

Fanslation (WIP) (Error Log)

Playable Chrom, Lissa, Frederick (Undub) (MEGA) (Dropbox)

Playable Chrom, Lissa, Frederick (English) (MEGA) (Dropbox)

Note: When using the undub patch, voice options 4 and 5 will result in a silent MU if the save is loaded unpatched.

Why? Because options 4 and 5 don't exist in the localization.

Note: The current name patch is only for the main story + status screen on-screen names. Why? Because supports also have to be individually recompressed.

There's 1.1k support files. That's not a thing we'll do now. :)

Note: The fanslation is still a WIP. Please report any errors to the error log.

Note: Playable Chrom, Lissa, and Frederick is released as a .cia. This means it is cfw only, and since we can't release official DLC, this will cause all your active DLC to be deleted.

This post will be updated later with more detailed instructions.

--

Tutorials:

EldinTokuro's HANS Tutorial: (.rtf viewer) (Plain text)

thedude28's Extensive Guide: (Pastebin) (MEGA Download)

masah_hiro's Guide for European Users: Link

--

Team If

[spoiler=Members]

Members:

-Administrators-

Cellenseres (Coder)

Linkmstr (Editor)

ShadySheikah (Editor)

luyairis (Translator) (former)

KaliMizu (Editor) (former)

-Coders-

DeathChaos25

SciresM (inactive)

Ahris

-Translators-

BrunhildeKnight

PotatoPower

Hitomi

Iris in a Bottle (former)

KentoBento

Razer/Orange (former)

-Editors/Testers-

EldinTokuro

Grinkdaboy

KamiPeppers

LadyLorien (former)

Ranaline (former)

----

Division II:

tBanzai (translator)

Analog (translator)

Mad (translator)

Zoe (Editor)

Thidran (Editor)

sevii (Editor)

thedude28 (Editor, Division Head)

TabuthaRasa (Editor)

:

Forum Frequents (Not Affiliated with Team)

Czar_Yoshi

----

Others who assisted us:

RainThunder

[spoiler=FAQ (Technical Questions)]

FAQ:

Q: What versions of this game will this work on?

A: Look up.

Q: Can I use this patch?

A: Yes, you can. Depending on what firmware you're using, what you can patch differs!

Q: Firmware?

A: Here's the breakdown:

If your firmware is at or below, 9.2, you can install a cfw (ReiNand is recommended), and use that to play our patch. As a .cia installion, online will work.

If your firmware is between 9.3 and 10.3, you can either use Homebrew, or downgrade to 9.2

If your firmware is 10.4-10.6, your only choice is using Homebrew to temporarily patch your rom.

Q: Homebrew?

A: Homebrew is, simply a put, a hack released by smealum and others that allows us to make use of our 3DS a bit more.

Homebrew comes with a "HANS" function, which will temporarily patch your ROM with our patch.

Q: Can I use online with the HANS patch?

A: Nope.

Q: Can I use DLC with HANS?

A: Not as of yet. We are not the developers of Homebrew.

Q: What exactly is DLC?

A: Anything that isn't on your physical cart when you load it in. Or, basically, anything you downloaded from the eshop.

More to come.

[spoiler=FAQ (Team If, Release Schedule, Ponies, etc)]

FAQ:

Q: Who are you guys?

A: People who have their reasons.

Q: Can I help?

A: Send any active team member your Discord. You must be 18 years of age or older to join. Chat sometimes turns NSFW.

Q: Are their any requirements for being on the team?

A: Don't be a dumbass. Welcome aboard :).

Q: Is working with you guys just work related only?

A: 99% of the time we're just messing around :).

Q: When's your next release?

A: When we want to release it.

Q: Can I donate?

A: Donating is grounds for a DMCA from Nintendo, so no.

Q: Do you guys like ponies?

A: Absolutely.

[spoiler=Disclaimer]

Disclaimer:

Team If is a coalition of members from Serenes Forest, GBATemp, and other places that have an interest in Fire Emblem If. We do our work completely for free, and will never charge any money or accept any donations. We do not own any of the content we release; they are derivatives from Nintendo's original work. We will also never release anything that would be piracy.

Our files are tested locally, but we do not guarantee the safety of your 3DS. We are also not responsible should something really bad happen.

Edited by luyairis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need is an SD Card, right? Do you need a Physical or Digital copy? Hopefully it's both. Also, will this end in a lock? By that, I mean potential console banning if used online.

2 more questions: Will there be subs for the lines for the amie? And how soon do you think it'll be finished? (The audio seems easy enough, but, re-adding amje might be a challenge)

Edited by Balcerzak

Just to confirm, do you intend to make the patch work with the EU Special Edition?

Yup.

All you need is an SD Card, right? Do you need a Physical or Digital copy? Hopefully it's both. Also, will this end in a lock? By that, I mean potential console banning if used online.

Depends on how you do it, but yes, it's possible with just an SD card (using a cfw). Digital WORKS, but having a physical copy is so much easier. And it won't lock you if you create a .cia and install that into your cfw.

2 more questions: Will there be subs for the lines for the amie? And how soon do you think it'll be finished? (The audio seems easy enough, but, re-adding amje might be a challenge)

No subs.

How soon? No idea. Absolutely no idea. Maybe 2-3 weeks after release? That's a rough estimate. Maybe less. Maybe more.

Sounds great, then. Can't wait!

How big will the patch be? (GB, MB, ect.)

Also, is it necessary to get all of the changes or do you just need some? (I THINK it's the latter)

Edited by Balcerzak

Just wondering if you'll also be adding in the other voice options in the character creation section?

It should be included in the complete voice-over pack.

What about swimsuits restoration patch?

Low priority. Will see later.

Is face rubbing confirmed to stay or are you not sure yet.

Well, we'd be pretty hard pressed to actually confirm BEFORE the game's release...

I have Fire Emblem White Kingdom (JP) that I was planning to patching onto this game. My firmware is 10.5. If I were to patch it onto this game would I only have access to that side of the story or would I have access to both sides just not any of the DLC content?

I have Fire Emblem White Kingdom (JP) that I was planning to patching onto this game. My firmware is 10.5. If I were to patch it onto this game would I only have access to that side of the story or would I have access to both sides just not any of the DLC content?

You'd only have access to White Kingdom because the rest are DLC.

This patch/thread is for the NA version. If you have the JP version, that's what the current patch is for.

If your getting one version of the game and the other version as dlc, will you also be able to patch the dlc version?

Only if you have CFW, which is only accessible if your FW is 9.2 or lower, at the moment you can only downgrade if you FW is 10.3 or lower, you can downgrade from 10.4/10.5 but only with a hardmod.

This didn't take very long. The localized game isn't even out yet. How did you even get a localized copy of the game to tell what's feasible?

Completely random question, (and a weird one, I know) but how difficult would it be for me to go about changing Lazwald's name to Lazward? I know it seems strange to want to change one letter but I really like the name Lazward and I was wondering if it was possible.

Completely random question, (and a weird one, I know) but how difficult would it be for me to go about changing Lazwald's name to Lazward? I know it seems strange to want to change one letter but I really like the name Lazward and I was wondering if it was possible.

You'd have to change every script file in which be appears. There are no defined variables for character names (except the MU), so you'd have to go through the patch files with a text editor, use the find function, replace all instances, and repack it up. Honestly if you know what you're doing it shouldn't take over 30 minutes.