List of illegitimate skills

DLNarshen

With Fates finally being released in North America, I thought now would be a good time to post the list of class skills that cannot be obtained by legitimate means. Normally this wouldn't matter to players who don't involve themselves with cheating devices, but now with the MyCastle feature allowing players to buy skills off others online, it opens up the possibility of people unwittingly getting illegitimate skills for their characters. As such, I've compiled a list of such skills, taken from my own experience and various Japanese sources. I would have waited a little bit before posting this to give me time to clean up the format/wording, but as I type this Aptitude is already making the rounds online. =[

To be clear, "1st Gen" refers to all parent or otherwise non-child characters. "2nd Gen" refers to those child characters, produced through an S-support of two 1st Gen characters.

Illegitimate skills

(Class)

Aptitude and Underdog impossible on all 1st Gen units EXCEPT Mozu. Available to all 2nd Gen units EXCEPT Shigure.

Luck +4, Inspiring Song, Voice of Peace, and Foreign Princess impossible on all 1st Gen units EXCEPT Azure. Inspiring Song impossible on all 2nd Gen units.

Even Handed and Even Better impossible on all 1st Gen units EXCEPT Kaden. Impossible on all 2nd Gen units EXCEPT Selkie, Shigure, Kana (M), and Kana (F).

Odd Shaped and Better Odds impossible on all 1st Gen units EXCEPT Keaton. Impossible on all 2nd Gen units EXCEPT Velouria, Shigure, Kana (M), and Kana (F).

Beastbane and Grisly Wound impossible on all 1st Gen units EXCEPT Keaton and Kaden. Impossible on all 2nd Gen units EXCEPT Velouria, Shigure, Selkie, Kana (M), and Kana (F).

Nobility, Dragon Fang, Draconic Hex, Dragon Ward, Nohrian Trust, and Hoshidan Unity impossible on all 1st Gen units EXCEPT Corrin. No restrictions on 2nd Gen.

Demoiselle impossible on all 1st Gen male units.

Gentilhomme impossible on all 1st Gen female units.

(DLC)

Dancing Blade, and Dual Guarder impossible on all female units.

Dual Striker and Awakening impossible on all male units.

Tactical Advice, Solidarity, Ignis, and Rally Spectrum impossible on all female units.

Survey, Opportunity Shot, Rifled Barrel, and Surefooted impossible on all female units.

Shadowgift, Witch's Brew, and Toxic Brew impossible on all male units.

Captured, Bond, Amiibo, Cipher, and Einenjahr units are limited to their default class line and DLC skills.

DLC skills cannot be purchased or inherited; they are listed here only for completion's sake.

Please let me know if there are any errors. Here's the google document I checked this info on (Japanese): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19U_Bucu3IKzFliRdoQv9XH-u96-7p7X-nQ2RRUX1ttc/edit#gid=794076878

Edited by DLNarshen

Witch is female only, so Shadowgift, Witch's Brew and Toxic Brew is impossible on male units. Warp is possible due to Warp Scroll(teaches Warp to unit used on) existing. Other than that it looks about right.

I knew about the Warp scroll, though for some reason I thought the other Witch skills had scrolls as well. Thanks for pointing out otherwise.

I've been wondering about this. I knew Aptitude wasn't legit on any first gen units except Mozu, but I was curious as to what other skills are illegit.

For the reference, you cannot pass down DLC class skills to your kids. I tried it with Aether. Didn't work. So if somebody already is a Great Lord class, and a child had the same class's skill, it's prooooobably hacked.

I thought Azura can't pass down Inspiring Song to her kids just like Olivia's Special Dance in Awakening?

I have since been able to test and can confirm that Inspiring Song cannot be passed down.

Thanks for bumping this folks.

I've been wondering about this. I knew Aptitude wasn't legit on any first gen units except Mozu, but I was curious as to what other skills are illegit.

For the reference, you cannot pass down DLC class skills to your kids. I tried it with Aether. Didn't work. So if somebody already is a Great Lord class, and a child had the same class's skill, it's prooooobably hacked.

Can you buy DLC class skills?

Thinking but wouldn't Oboro be able to get Aptitude? Or a Kamui who chose apothecary?

Because I believe in instances like Charlotte x Laslow and they both being Brave Heroes, they'll get skills from the previous class they were in, like Las getting Roundhouse.

Thinking but wouldn't Oboro be able to get Aptitude? Or a Kamui who chose apothecary?

Because I believe in instances like Charlotte x Laslow and they both being Brave Heroes, they'll get skills from the previous class they were in, like Las getting Roundhouse.

None of the special classes can be Buddy or Partner Sealed into so they don't "gain" villager still. The classes can be be inherited by children though

Edited by Frozenkappa

Candace (Midori's Paralogue Boss) can't reclass at all, so she's limited to Outlaw/Adventurer Skills. She also doesn't start with any skills either.
May wanna add that to the note about Capturable bosses.

Candace (Midori's Paralogue Boss) can't reclass at all, so she's limited to Outlaw/Adventurer Skills. She also doesn't start with any skills either.

May wanna add that to the note about Capturable bosses.

This is the same for all generics but the problem is in higher difficulties they usually have skills they can't normally get. I don't think anyone has a list for every possible skill and the some of the DLC have the bosses with special skills too.

Since the Avatar can buy skills from an opposite gendered Avatar, shouldn't a male Avatar theoretically be able to purchase Demoiselle from a female Avatar and vice versa?

• 3 weeks later...

Strengthtaker and Speedtaker are possible on female units thanks to the Recollection of Bubbles DLC (effectively making the rest of the Vanguard skills learnable by both genders).

Since the Avatar can buy skills from an opposite gendered Avatar, shouldn't a male Avatar theoretically be able to purchase Demoiselle from a female Avatar and vice versa?

Should be possible.

Edited by Roflolxp54

• 1 month later...

Shadowgift, Witch's Brew, and Toxic Brew impossible on all male units.

Does that mean it's possible to give warp (The 4th witch skill not mentioned above) to a male unit? Is there an easy way of doing it like being able to loot the skill "Aether" in certain dlc maps?

Edit: Seems I missed an earlier post about a "warp scroll" That allows you to teach it to male units. Where can you get one? I read one of the enemy witches drops one, but I didn't run into an enemy witch that had one when I played through it. Do they appear much later on?

Edited by flaredare911

Does that mean it's possible to give warp (The 4th witch skill not mentioned above) to a male unit? Is there an easy way of doing it like being able to loot the skill "Aether" in certain dlc maps?

Edit: Seems I missed an earlier post about a "warp scroll" That allows you to teach it to male units. Where can you get one? I read one of the enemy witches drops one, but I didn't run into an enemy witch that had one when I played through it. Do they appear much later on?

A pair of witch reinforcements on turn 11 (or 10, can't remember) will carry one. I think the boss must still be alive for them to show up as well.

A pair of witch reinforcements on turn 11 (or 10, can't remember) will carry one. I think the boss must still be alive for them to show up as well.

Turn 11 and if the boss witch is still alive.

Warp can't be used if the unit isn't level 35+ or promoted level 5+.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Turn 11 and if the boss witch is still alive.

Warp can't be used if the unit isn't level 35+ or promoted level 5+.

*Promoted Lv. 15+

Sorry I felt the need to correct this because otherwise I would've brokenized my Azura already.

• 2 months later...

Just to ask something... By the list a male Character should not be able to learn Female DLC-Skills and vice versa (like witch skills). But does't the Avatar poses an exception for this? A male Avatar could legaly learn Witch skills if the player learns them from an female Avatar from my castle or 2nd Savegame. This should be added to the list, if i am not wrong. The same goes for every skill like that, like Demoiselle and Gentilhomme.

So if The Avatar (male or female) can learn skill like that without cheating, this would make these skills legitimate.

DLC Skills, like the Witch Class skills, can't be bought from other My Castles. When you go to purchase the skill of choice, the DLC skills are removed from the list of skills you could buy from said character.