Fates has sold 1.84 million copies in Japan and NA alone

Wheels

Marth will now be replacing Mario as Nintendo's main mascot

Great but unexpected news. I wasn't expecting this game to even reach Awakening even with its lifetime sales since the 3ds is probably at the end of its lifespan but I'm glad I'm wrong

Well there goes any hope of Is ever producing a good story again

this is so good for the franchise never have to worry about fire emblems not being made again

This is probably completely off-topic, but did we know that Zelda U/NX was delayed into 2017? I thought the release date was more "TBD".

That's the only things of interest I see on the report.

Edited by The DanMan

Damn to think if Awakening didn't sale than the game would be canned. Glad to see Fire Emblem is doing great. Does this solofy Fire Emblem as one of Nintendo top dogs.

No, not really. Fates's sales are breaking new ground on Fire Emblem turns, but aren't so great in comparison to other Nintendo franchises.

Damn to think if Awakening didn't sale than the game would be canned. Glad to see Fire Emblem is doing great. Does this solofy Fire Emblem as one of Nintendo top dogs.

Probably not sadly.

Mario, LOZ and Pokemon (and maybe Smash Bros.) > everything else

Damn to think if Awakening didn't sale than the game would be canned.

Do you mean that Fire Emblem as a franchise would have canned? Cause that isn't really true.

The series would have stopped being marketed outside of Japan, but it definitely wouldn't have been canned. Nintendo would just wait a few years then try again (with absolutely no advertising...), like they did after Shadow Dragon didn't sell so well.

Edited by babydragonspawn

Do you mean that Fire Emblem as a franchise would have canned? Cause that isn't really true.

The series would have stopped being marketed outside of Japan, but it definitely wouldn't have been canned. Nintendo would just wait a few years then try again (with absolutely no advertising...), like they did after Shadow Dragon didn't sell so well.

Not that 'no advertising' is a bad thing in all cases. I mean...

Great news, glad to see the series that was once almost dead to be doing great. Hopefully the pattern continues and Fire Emblem 15 will sell even more, whenever that is.

Probably not sadly.

Mario, LOZ and Pokemon (and maybe Smash Bros.) > everything else

I can see in about 5 years or so, if Fire Emblem 15 sells really well with more sales than Fates, Fire Emblem becoming at least one of their top games. Maybe not on par with the attention that Mario and Zelda get, but definitely one of their main titles. The amount of characters Fire Emblem got in Smash is a good sign, I just wish the fanbase would stop bitching about the FE characters in game over their Banjo Kazooie, who is about 10 years late to have any sort of relevance, and any Donkey Kong character, who is at the whim of Rare and Microsoft, not Nintendo, But that is another topic entirely.

Edited by Tolvir

That..... Doesnt even make sense. Who put together that commercial? Seeing a commercial like that I would be expecting something more like Game of Thrones rather than Fire Emblem.

Edited by Tolvir

Not the top, but a definite second tier stalwart. Like Metroid, StarFox or Kirby. But not something they would depend on to sell systems.

Could be worse

Anywho, worth noting that a little over a million have been sold in North America, surpassing Japan's total, in addition to the sales numbers being for Birthright and Conquest combined. Makes me wonder how much of that was Birthright and how much of that was Conquest, and probably an unsurprising amount who bought both

Impressive work for the franchise, it's really come a long way from its questionable sales status from before Awakening and I'm glad it's managed to find its place among Nintendo's second-tier franchises.

I'm interested in seeing what the breakdown would be for those that came from secondary/tertiary paths, as I'm curious about how much of an influence it had in those sales.

The amount of characters Fire Emblem got in Smash is a good sign, I just wish the fanbase would stop bitching about the FE characters in game over their Banjo Kazooie, who is about 10 years late to have any sort of relevance, and any Donkey Kong character, who is at the whim of Rare and Microsoft, not Nintendo, But that is another topic entirely.

Forgive my nitpickiness here, but Nintendo fully owns the DK characters. You can clearly see it with Smash as characters that aren't fully owned by Nintendo have their companies credited like Square Enix with Cloud or even Pokémon with GF. No such thing exists for Diddy (or the rest that appear through trophies/generic enemies) and Microsoft/Rare, and it's been that way since Rare was bought out by the company and Nintendo doesn't have to answer to them to use the characters.

Edited by Medeus