It’s only been a few months since a new Fire Emblem game–Three Houses–was released, but there’s a possibility that the wait for the next title in the series might not be that long.
We think Genealogy of the Holy War and Binding Blade are the most likely candidates for a remake.
In a recent episode of “Kinda Funny Games Daily”, Imran Khan–former senior editor at Game Informer–casually mentioned that a Fire Emblem game was being produced for the Nintendo 3DS at one point, but was cancelled. However, he also speculated that this project could be revived for the Nintendo Switch.
I know there was another Fire Emblem remake in the works for 3DS and that was one of the things that they shuttered. So maybe that’s one of the things they’ll bring forward [to the Switch] in the future.
(Thanks to Nintendo Enthusiast and many others for the heads up!)
His comments were a follow up to a recent article by Wall Street Journalist author Takashi Mochizuki who claimed that Nintendo wants more 3DS-like games created for the Nintendo Switch and also the recent announcement that “Mario & Luigi” developer AlphaDream would be going bankrupt.
(Via Games Radar and Polygon.)
It seems that one of the triggers for the game’s cancellation was the poor sales of Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story on Nintendo 3DS in February 2019. This caused Nintendo to re-evaluate their Nintendo 3DS projects, leading to the cancellation of the purported Fire Emblem remake.
The second Weekly Revival Banner is now live in Fire Emblem Heroes! Today’s banner contains focus units for Celica, Delthea, and Genny. Additionally, all three of them have an increased chance to appear compared to off-focus units!
This banner will only be around for a week, so make sure to get in early if you’re interested. We’ll have a different banner next Sunday.
A new special battle is now available in Fire Emblem Heroes! Build a strong team and head to Special Maps to tackle Bound Hero Battle: Alm & Faye. You can also spend some Orbs on a matching banner for your chance to summon Alm, Brave Celica, or Faye.
Beat all three difficulties to earn up to 9 Orbs! Bound Hero Battle: Alm & Faye and its associated banner will be around for a bit over a week, ending on 11 November.
Additionally, @FE_Heroes_EN has given us a sneak peek at the next Arena Season Bonus Allies! As expected, Leif and our new Echoes heroes take centre stage, along with a few old favourites. The new season starts on Tuesday.
Finally, don’t forget that the Haunted Heroes Voting Gauntlet is still going strong! Round one is over and Dozla, Mia, Ilyana, and Jakob all made it to the next round. May the best costume win!
The developers have released some notes about the upcoming 3.11 Update. Specifically:
- Aether Raids and Aether Resort are being updated
- Three new songs are being added to the Concert Hall.
- Archanean Overture, from Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
- Cats at Play, from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
- Life at Garreg Mach Monastery, from Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Bolt Tower (O/D) structures will have their level cap increased to 5.
- The maximum number of defensive structures that you can place is being increased from 5 to 6.
- Additional Heroes via Heroic Grails
- Rinea: Reminiscent Belle
- Astram: Midia’s Hero
- New weapon skills and weapons to refine are being added
- Concealed Blade for Athena: Borderland Sword
- Golden Naginata for Subaki: Perfect Expert
- Renowned Bow for Gordin: Altean Archer
- Sun Dragonstone for Kana: Dragon Princess