Mistakes or errors on the site

VincentASM

And by the way, I did just found that there is an another Fire Emblem Manga existed, its an another FE6 manga:

Source: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_F%C5%ABin_no_Tsurugi_(manga)

You can possibly put it in the Manga section, just incase.

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volume 3 of the Ankokuryuu manga has been completed. Maps 13-15 have been translated into English by myself and my group. The downloads can be found in the thread both as map downloads and a full volume download through 4shared. If you want me to upload using something else, let me know.

We do not claim the Japanese scans, which can be found here by a different uploader. I don't know what you want to do about credits...

The manga section could be updated with the whole file available for the public.

Edited by Jeorge

Guest Otherarrow

Her name really does translate as Nn. I've been calling her Unn, but Vincent seems fond of his joke version.

hes so funny

ha

ha

This isn't THAT much of an error, but on the FE6-8 Pages (all of them), the order of con and mov for base stats, enemy stats, and promotional gains are mixed up very inconsistently. I know that if someone's just looking for the data, it isn't a problem, but if you happen to be copy/pasting into excel like I was... (basically trying to add base stats with promotional gains in excel made knight!recruits really fast and really weak )

EDIT: Just remembered: Average Stats sections for FE7 don't account for different base stats for HM

Edited by The Spanish Inquisition

That's what happens when you work on different pages over different times X D

But if you're using Excel, you can just move columns around yourself. It's much much harder to move around columns in HTML...

http://serenesforest.net/fe8/char_item.html

Orson doesn't join with a Silver Lance. He comes with a much less exciting Steel Lance.

http://serenesforest.net/fe8/secret.htm

The Grado Keep and Jehanna Hall secret shops have the Axereaver listed as "Axe Reaver".

http://serenesforest.net/fe8/chapter_d.html

The buried Eclipse tome is missing from the chapter 15 item list.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe11/char_base.html

Wry's class is listed as Priest - should be Curate. Lena's class is listed as Curate - should be Cleric.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe11/average/ricardo.html

Rickard's averages are incorrect since they have him starting on level 3 instead of level 1.

requesting that FE8's description of Silencer be updated

what it does is first roll for crit. so colm with 40 skill (impossible) and a killing edge has 50 crit (minus riev's luck - for the sake of discussion, i'll leave it at 0). IF it procs, then it rolls for silencer - a 50% chance. the way the math works out, it almost comes down to a crit/2 chance but it actually isn't. you can whiff a silencer even if you have 200% crit - it rolls for regular crit (and will always proc) but you still only have a 50% chance to proc the silencer.

Looks like the site's description of Silencer needs to be updated.

Edit: Bloop. I mean, I always interpreted it as "you must crit in order to silence" but I can see how it could be possible for someone to interpret it is as "I have 10 crit, so I have 5% silence. That means a 15% chance to crit or silence" So something like: "50% chance when user performs a critical" would make it less ambiguous.

It would probably also help to put an asterisk next to the activation description that points to something like:

25% chance against bosses. 0% chance against the final boss.

Because I think the note at the top could be easily overlooked.

Marth:

Yes. And this time, General Camus will be there to meet us. I am sure of it. "Camus the Sable", they call him. Many extol him as the most able warrior alive. It will be a fierce battle...but one we cannot avoid.

Nyna:

You are certain we must face him? We have crippled Grust, but they will regroup and stand in our way again. No, we need to stamp this fire out before the wind catches it and starts spreading it anew.

Nyna:

Very well. But before you attack, there is something I must tell you. Later, though...Not yet. I must sort my feelings out first...

This doesn't sound right. Unless I'm mistaken, Nyna's first line here contains one of Marth's lines.

And I did found two scanned official manuals for Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon from the Official Nintendo of America Website and you can might add them to the Official Manuals section on Manuals & Guidebooks page.

http://www.serenesfo.../guidebook.html

Radiant Dawn Manual

Shadow Dragon Manual

Source, this is where I found them: http://www.nintendo....showPrecautions

Edited by King Marth 64

Manuals, eh? Later on today, I'll scan the one for FE12. It'll be in Japanese for obvious reasons.

I'll edit this post when I do.

Edit: As a follow-through of the FE1 manga translation, I have uploaded all of volume 3 onto Mediafire now.

Edit 2: FE12 manual scanned and uploaded using 4shared.

Edited by Crazy Foxie

Guest BAMX

http://serenesforest.net/fe9/faq.htm

Q) How can I recruit Jill once she's talked to her father?

A) If Mist has an A support with her or Lethe has a B support with her, then Jill will not be convinced by her father. If you don't have either support, then make sure Jill doesn't talk to him, as nobody can recruit her back.

The bolded part of this is wrong.

Is this general, even the tiniest of, errors?

If so, then I have a lot bit to say, but first of all, I just found this:

Roy and Wolt Support FE6

I noticed in their A Support, Roy's second line of dialogue (the fourth line overall), Roy says "Would you mind uf we talked about it?" (for those who really just cannot spot the mistake, he says uf instead of if)

Thanks for dealing with how picky I am if this tiny absolutely tiny problem is fixed.

EDIT: I added a few words I missed out in my own sentences. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

EDIT 2: Sorry I found another mistake, whether this is the actual texts fault or the translator's fault is unknown to me, but in Allen and Wolt's A Support in Wolt's second line (the third line overall) he calls Allen Lance instead of Allen: "Sir Lance!"

Edited by TheBritishEltshan

The growths for Sothe in the FE9 section are wrong; while Blossom can produce non-integer values, the game still rolls RAND(1-100) (I think), and in the case of Fixed Mode non-integer growth point values are also rounded. So Sothe's growths should all be rounded down for Random Mode, and for fixed mode averages they should be rounded up. I'm not sure how BEXP abuse in Fixed Mode works with Blossom values, but I doubt that the decimals have a large effect.

I'm pretty sure Sothe's growths are correct in both modes.

While it's probably true the game doesn't store growths any further than integers, but due to Blossom's effect (roll another RN if the stat doesn't increase), it doesn't actually matter because the growths are completely statistical and statistics don't need to be rounded down, if it makes any sense.

If anything, the decimals probably matter more in Fixed Mode (where Blossom lets you use 90 growth points instead of 100 to increase a stat). If you don't change anything, Sothe's HP growth of 66 and 2/3 will guarantee a stat up on his 4th level up, but wouldn't do so if decimals weren't carried ove.

Lv 2 = 66 2/3 = no stat up

Lv 3 = 133 1/3 = 1 stat up, 33 1/2 carried over

Lv 4 = 100 = 1 stat up, 0 carried over

Or if you count with 90 growth points

Lv 2 = 60 = no stat up

Lv 3 = 120 = 1 stat up, 30 carried over

Lv 4 = 90 = 1 stat up, 0 carried over

Edited by VincentASM

Now, this is very minor, but, in the "prototype info" in the FE4 section,

Similarly, Loputousu was originally named Loki, based on Norse mythology. Incidentally, the three other dark spells are named after Loki's children.

I have no idea where the "ousu" in the name comes from, except perhaps a nipponization, but "Lopt" is another name for Loki in the eddas, so I'm pretty sure the spell is still intended to be based on him. The way the sentence is currently phrased, it suggests that Loputousu is not based on norse mythology.

Though honestly, Alvis and Manfroy are a lot more conniving and tricky than Julius is.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

Sorry ladies and gentlemen, I thought I had found another mistake, this time in the Genealogy of the War area.

First Generation Character Growths with Holy Blood Omitted

First Generation Character Growths (Holy Blood included)

Holy Blood Bonuses

Deirdre's (Diadora) growth rates with holy blood omitted are wrong and should have 30% Magic (which would make Celice's Magic growth rate wrong). (Narga gives a 40% Magic boost with Major Holy blood, meaning either Deirdre's real Magic growth rate with Holy Blood bonuses is 50% (which would in turn mean that http://fireemblem.wikia.com is wrong) or her "holy blood omitted" section is wrong. Or Holy Blood bonuses are incorrect. Either way something IS wrong.)

MOST IMPORTANT EDIT: Sorry folks, I just realised this: Deirdre has Lopt Holy Blood giving her an extra 20% in Magic, my mistake, and my apologies for wasting your time. (I guess I should just stick to Support Conversation errors unsure.gif)

Thanks all! I finally got around to fix some more errors. I *think* I got most of them, except:

Orson's items (he's got a Silver Lance on my file, but maybe they changed it for the English version)

FE7 HHM averages (personally I don't think these are as important as FE6's, but I'll get to them one day)

Previous list

Thanks all! I finally got around to fix some more errors. I *think* I got most of them, except:

Orson's items (he's got a Silver Lance on my file, but maybe they changed it for the English version)

FE7 HHM averages (personally I don't think these are as important as FE6's, but I'll get to them one day)

Thank you very much for correcting the support conversation mistake (it always puts my mind at ease when something is fixed like that).

...But I found more mistakes, this time in Eliwood and Lowen's C Support Conversation*: Lowen's third line, the fifth line overall, Serenes Forest Supports documents him saying "Yes... Yes, mu lord. ... ..." when he actually says "Yes... Yes, my lord. ... ..." and in Lowen's fourth line, the seventh line overall, he is recorded to have said "As I thought! You haven/t had breakfast, have you?!", there is a slash in place of an apostrophe.

*Note, I'm going by the UK Release, I had my Gameboy Advance SP in my left hand to refer to.

I'm terribly to bother you, is there anyone else I could forward the mistakes to for amendment? I don't want to push all my petty findings on one person. sad.gif

Also, I don't quite understand in the FE13 recruitment info about Chambray's recruitment in Sidequest Chapter 13 that said he's listed as NPC or Enemy before he can be recruited by Krom or Velve by talking to him, but shouldn't it be just listed as Enemy or is there an alternate story gameplay change that he can be a NPC Unit instead of Enemy Unit? huh.gif

Chambray - Taguel - Sidequest Chapter 13 - NPC or enemy, talk with Krom or Velve

Edited by King Marth 64

I don't want to spoil things on the page, but...

or is there an alternate story gameplay change that he can be a NPC Unit instead of Enemy Unit?

Yeah, you're right about that.

There's a dialogue choice that determines which mercenary group you side with. If Chambray is in group A and you join group A, he's a NPC. Otherwise he's an enemy.