Deciphering the glyphs on the warp circles

Because I'm a sucker for these kind of things.

So you might know the world map features a bunch of glyphs that can be translated.

While I haven't been paying 100% attention, I did spot some glyphs in the various warp circles found in dungeons. Now that I have an inkling of spare time, I thought I'd see what the text said...

Duma Warp Circle (found in the Fear Shrine, I think)

mahojin.png

The outer ring says "o ischyro esa dose mou dynami", which I believe is Greek for "the strong, please give me strength". The inner text is mostly too small to read, but there's definitely "theos" (god) and "exousia" (power).

Very fitting for Duma, the god who believes in power.

Mila Warp Circle (found after obtaining the Falchion)

mahojin_mira.png

Starting from the outer ring, we have "βοηθησει ειμαστε ο", "δουλος του κυριου" and "Pearl River μας".

The last one kind of threw me for a loop, but it actually looks like that in-game if you stare...

echoes-pearl-river.png

Anyway, the text apparently means "help us", "servant of the god" and "our Pearl River".

Meanwhile the inner text has "ζωη" (life), "θανατος" (death) and "αναπαραγωγη" (reproduction).

Again, fitting for the Goddess who brings life. No idea about "pearl river" though!

Exalt Warp Circle (found in the Labyrinth of Thabes)

mahojin_seikon.png

Unfortunately, this one is pretty boring. It has the same outer text as Duma's circle. Unless Naga believed in Duma's ideals, I think it's just copied and pasted. No idea what the swirly text in the middle says.

Anyway, if you know of any more places, do let me know. I *think* the glyphs when casting magic are nonsense, but I will double check later.

Whoa, there are actual Greek words in the Warp Circle graphic? Did they forget to change font? (or convert the text to Latin letters first, for that matter, before the glyph substitution can take place)

I remember the gibberish Tellius ancient language in Awakening's magic effects. Wouldn't be surprised if it's also the case here.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Btw, how did you change your main Lord to Celica?

During Chapter 6 there's a switch button on the world map menu.

It's cool that it's in Greek. Ancient Greek mythology has been a huge influence on the series from the beginning, with pegasus knights and names like "Macedon[ia]". Not mention that Marth is just a corruption of Mars. Even his famous pants-less outfit is just standard Ancient Greek attire with a breastplate, though it's probably more influenced by old Peplum (gladiator film) costumes than actual clothing from that era).