Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi and Leo confirmed

Jedi

Takumi and Leo are here, that's all I wanted! Ok that's actually a lie but I know that Oboro and Innes are not going to be in the game :(

And there is Hinoka too!!! I'm happy for this, but her voice sounds very different now... Awwww, I actually liked her voice in Fates, it fits her... Camilla sounds different too, it's a bit weird. Is true the game will have option to change dub? Because I would like to hear Leo with Mamo's voice while playing.

But too bad it doesn't have actual gameplay, I want to see Takumi and Leo in action. For some reason I think that Takumi can have a gameplay similar to Date Masamune (when he use his pistols) or Mori Motonari (that use a gauntlet ballesta) and Leo similar to Kanbei but in a horse.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think only Hinoka's voice here is plain bad to me. The others are just...different and will take some getting used to.

But my god the complaints on Twitter about a lack of non-3DS and SD characters, namely Ike. I wish they'd shut up and just accept that he'll probably just be DLC if not announced for the base game a bit later. They're acting like this game is horrible simply because Ike isn't in it and seem to be ignoring the fact that the devs already said it would focus on the 3DS games and SD.

I admit I was pretty upset at first that the main focus was Fates, Awakening, and SD, but I still ended up getting characters I like (Freddy Freddy Freddy FREDDY <3) and I'm content with Ike possibly being DLC. These people are acting way too entitled and I'm ashamed to call them Ike fans.

Edited by Anacybele

Just curious for those who played any of the dynasty warrior games, but was there dual audio in any of their games?

Also Corrin's seiyuu sounds much higher pitched than I expected. Is it really the same one from Fates?

Meanwhile, Hinoka & Camilla's voices in English sound different from the original. I wonder why they changed the voice actresses (assuming that's what happened).

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I think only Hinoka's voice here is plain bad to me. The others are just...different and will take some getting used to.

But my god the complaints on Twitter about a lack of non-3DS and SD characters, namely Ike. I wish they'd shut up and just accept that he'll probably just be DLC if not announced for the base game a bit later. They're acting like this game is horrible simply because Ike isn't in it and seem to be ignoring the fact that the devs already said it would focus on the 3DS games and SD.

I admit I was pretty upset at first that the main focus was Fates, Awakening, and SD, but I still ended up getting characters I like (Freddy Freddy Freddy FREDDY <3) and I'm content with Ike possibly being DLC. These people are acting way too entitled and I'm ashamed to call them Ike fans.

It's reaching that threshold of being gleefully amusing to insufferably obnoxious to me. It's like they're all stuck between the Denial and Anger stages and aren't even bothering to get to Bargaining or Sadness...

So... Characters revealed so far:

Main MCs:

• Shion (Can be main protagonist)
  • Lianna (Can be main protagonist)
  • Chrom
  • Corrin
  • Ryoma
  • Xander
  • Marth

Major Story Characters:

• Robin (Male)
  • Lucina
  • Lissa
  • Frederick
  • Hinoka
  • Takumi
  • Camilla
  • Leo

Playable in the Story:

• Cordelia

Playable:

• Robin (Female)

Unknown Status:

• Darius
  • Yuana
  • Anna

Definitely NPC:

• The Chaos Dragon

That about right?

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Main MCs:

• Chrom
  • Corrin
  • Ryoma
  • Xander
  • Marth

Major Story Characters:

• Robin (Male)
  • Lucina
  • Lissa
  • Frederick
  • Hinoka
  • Takumi
  • Camilla
  • Leo

Playable in the Story:

• Cordelia

Playable:

• Robin (Female)

Unknown Status:

• Darius
  • Yuana
  • Anna

Definitely NPC:

• The Chaos Dragon

That about right?

I don't know, we may get to play as the Dragon at some point.

7 minutes ago, Folt said:

Main MCs:

• Chrom
  • Corrin
  • Ryoma
  • Xander
  • Marth

Major Story Characters:

• Robin (Male)
  • Lucina
  • Lissa
  • Frederick
  • Hinoka
  • Takumi
  • Camilla
  • Leo

Playable in the Story:

• Cordelia

Playable:

• Robin (Female)

Unknown Status:

• Darius
  • Yuana
  • Anna

Definitely NPC:

• The Chaos Dragon

That about right?

Other than the male twin's name being Rowan now, yes, sounds about right.

11 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Just curious for those who played any of the dynasty warrior games, but was there dual audio in any of their games?

Also Corrin's seiyuu sounds much higher pitched than I expected. Is it really the same one from Fates?

Meanwhile, Hinoka & Camilla's voices in English sound different from the original. I wonder why they changed the voice actresses (assuming that's what happened).

Fates had a union dub, hence why actors like EG Daily and Paula Tiso were in it. However, they've gone back to non-union dubs since, and you're not going to find actors like them in projects like that. Hence, the recasting.

14 minutes ago, Falcom said:

It depends on the game. Samurai warriors 3 and DW7 had dual audio but Samurai warriors 4 and warriors Orochi were subs only while DW8 only had English voice actors.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

- I do find it strange.  It probably is like Ana said, where the US version will come later.  I don't know what their timetable looks like, and a lot of their PR decisions have left me perplexed, so... yeah.

- I did consider that for Ninjas...  But I think doing that would only further anger those who criticized their "too many swords" argument from way back.  Some may think they'd thrown that argument down the drain, but I still believe for all the flaws behind it they're still genuinely trying to diversify weapons in a way that makes sense.

- They are popular, but so are a number of other characters from Fates who don't use hidden weapons exclusively.  I think if anything, they'd be supporting NPCs for Corrin, though I'm unsure of how they'd be implemented given they wouldn't have the conventional weapons.  Your guess is as good as mine.

Good on you for trying to be the voice of reason instead of setting yourself up for disappointment.

Reveal hidden contents

warriors-convoy.jpg

Obviously not an interview, but this was a screenshot from a Famitsu article.  You can see they only have six weapon types here, and there's nothing to indicate we can scroll further to reveal more item types.  Jedi made an article on this article as well: https://serenesforest.net/2017/08/03/famitsu-details-fe-warriors-permadeath-weapons-mechanics/#more-41180

Though the case with axe using Lissa isn't very remarkable because she actually can promote to a class that can use axes.  Not quite the same stretch.

Sakura using bows would be a lot more likely.  In fact, I think she'd have no other choice, given that we already got enough characters using combat magic as is, and her using lances or swords is pretty unlikely as well.  And I think they confirmed somewhere that characters are stuck to a single weapon type.

I doubt it will be later. The game looks too far along for the US release date to take longer than Europe. That and we have a Fall release date, November is seriously pushing a Fall release date. Only reason I can see that being the case is for any level of delays and it really doesnt look like that will be the case for Warriors. Unfortunately due to their release schedule and otherwise silence on anything other than a character every once and a while, we dont have a single clue for anything. Hopefully we get the release date sometime soon, it would be best to avoid another Fates fiasco with release dates.

As far as swords go, I just find it odd that they might exclude all theif types. That is a huge part of the game to otherwise exclude from the playable roster. Only time will tell I guess. Just seems like a particularly odd decision to make considering hidden weapons look like they are here to stay with Heroes making them an entire weapon type across the board.

Edited by Tolvir

6 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Dusk Falls as Trailer BGM = *Hype Intensifies*

Hmm...Camilla, Hinoka and Takumi's VAs have certainly been changed - it sounds like they re-used the ones from Heroes instead. 

Edit - Now that I've checked in FEH: 

Hinoka is Cindy Robinson and Takumi is Michael Sinterniklaas - they're pretty much unmistakable.
Camilla, while higher pitch from FEH, does have similarities with some of her profile lines, Spring!Camilla included. So I'm guessing it is Misty Lee.
Normal FEH Camilla's "Weary friend? You may already rest your head in my lap." and "Time to play!"  have a similar pitch to the trailer.

I don't think Leo's been changed though - his line about Xander sounds close as this Private Quarters line of his: "Xander would expect me to look after you." Not verbatim but that's the line I'm thinking of.

Hm...now I gut feeling that the English VA work for FEW might have co-incided with FEH, which would make sense as it would save Nintendo costs on studio bookings and such. If that's true that could mean that the SD characters are more predictable, because it would be likely that their English VAs where cast to deliberately cut costs since it's cheaper to get the same VA for a longer session (voicing more than one character) than several for shorter ones. Marth and Merric might be one such example.

That might be what they're going for - I guess we can expect M!Corrin to be revealed alongside either Elise/Sakura/Azura (or any combination thereof even), like F!Robin/Cordelia. It would definitely be weird if M!Corrin was revealed solo anyway.

Also is it just me or does the footage of Corrin + Camilla, Leo, Hinoka and Takumi cut off abruptly while panning from Leo to Takumi?
Like there could be something/someone to the left of Leo/right of Takumi? Or it's just wishful thinking on my part.

Also Famitsu's going to have more info soon:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201708/22140108.html

Quote: "詳細は週刊ファミ通2017年9月7・14日合併号(2017年8月24日発売)でご確認ください!"

I can see M!Kamui being revealed by himself, though. It'll generate hype for those who like *that thing.* The 1/11 characters better be well voiced. If Ceada isn't sounding like a pimp, they've done something wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

I can see M!Kamui being revealed by himself, though. It'll generate hype for those who like *that thing.* The 1/11 characters better be well voiced. If Ceada isn't sounding like a pimp, they've done something wrong. 

...what translations of Shadow Dragon are you playing?

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The one where Caeda makes all the boys join probably :):

Fairly certain that's not her sounding like a pimp, but the other half of that 'relationship'...

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

...what translations of Shadow Dragon are you playing?

Only the best kinds, I'd imagine.  Saints Row/Fire Emblem crossover featuring Caeda and her harem of shirtless, muscular men when?

@DIOBrando, @Tolvir

Don't know what else to say.  I'm just trying to consider all the possibilities and work with limited data.

I will agree with Dio in that we can't make assumptions on anything.  And I also don't want to be like those people who come into these threads just to bitch about the game momentarily and then buzz off until the next news byte arrives.  So I'm trying to level down my expectations until I see something I really want featured in the game.  Expecting the minimum, assuming the worst... so that I won't wind up a salty sailor.

10 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Only the best kinds, I'd imagine.  Saints Row/Fire Emblem crossover featuring Caeda and her harem of shirtless, muscular men when?

@DIOBrando, @Tolvir

Don't know what else to say.  I'm just trying to consider all the possibilities and work with limited data.

I will agree with Dio in that we can't make assumptions on anything.  And I also don't want to be like those people who come into these threads just to bitch about the game momentarily and then buzz off until the next news byte arrives.  So I'm trying to level down my expectations until I see something I really want featured in the game.  Expecting the minimum, assuming the worst... so that I won't wind up a salty sailor.

That is definitely true. I for the most part have set my expectatoins low. To be honest, if the game came out as is, with the cast they have already announced so far, I would still be happy. The gameplay alone looks like it will be a blast, even if I was just playing generic units from FE I would be content with what I purchased.

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Hinoka aside I don't think the voices are that bad actually. They don't rock my world but I'd say they are passable. 

I dont think the voice acting is all that bad either. I am mostly reserving judgement for the actual game though. Between the Corrin Smash trailer and the segments of Fates we got before release, everyone thought the voice acting was terrible, and then when the game released people mellowed out a bit and realized it really wasnt that bad. I wont be surprised for that to be the same situation here, trailers and small clips like this tend to not do the voice acting justice.

Just now, Tolvir said:

That is definitely true. I for the most part have set my expectatoins low. To be honest, if the game came out as is, with the cast they have already announced so far, I would still be happy. The gameplay alone looks like it will be a blast, even if I was just playing generic units from FE I would be content with what I purchased.

I dont think the voice acting is all that bad either. I am mostly reserving judgement for the actual game though. Between the Corrin Smash trailer and the segments of Fates we got before release, everyone thought the voice acting was terrible, and then when the game released people mellowed out a bit and realized it really wasnt that bad. I wont be surprised for that to be the same situation here, trailers and small clips like this tend to not do the voice acting justice.

I think with a little more prodding and information, I'd be fairly satisfied to get the game. the voice acting is... it's not bad, but it's not really something that should be used a selling point IMO. I'd like if we could get things more flavored towards Echoes side, because that had a very solid cast of voice actors (so much so I can't distinctly recall any 'bad' performances off the top of my head). Still, all we can do is wait and have faith.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Then what is the other side of the relationship?

The oldest profession, of course.