New Mystery of the Emblem Guidance

So after not having much to play games on, I have decided to get into FE12. Like the topic says, you know the drill. Guide this incompetent FE player on any tips and advice you can give to make progress on FE12.

A couple of questions.

1. While I read that same characters need to be in the same chapter to support, how to make them work? As in them standing together?

2. Does this game have good balance in that you can use whomever you want to use or are you sadly forced to use specific good units?

3. I did the following for my unit creation

A. Mercenary child

B. Kindness

C.Honorable

Is my unit basically screwed? And I made him a mercenary btw.

4. I selected normal difficulty. Is it going to be a breeze due to getting one super unit that cheeses the rest of the game?

5. Is the concept of reclassing forced here or is it completely optional? Do some units benefit from the re classing?

1. Make sure both characters take part in the same chapter.  That's it!
2. Depends on the difficulty.  On the two easiest ones, you have some leeway.  I think you're somewhat restricted on the next-hardest one, and Lunatic means you absolutely need a certain set of characters or it will suck.  What's more notable IMO is that you'll want certain classes for certain parts of the game.
3. Unless you did a magic-focused Fighter, you'll be fine.
4. Breeze?  No.  But it will be significantly easier than the likes of Lunatic.  It'll be a challenge, but it won't cause you to tear your hair out.
5. It depends.  I mentioned that you'll want certain classes for certain chapters.  It doesn't mean your entire army needs to be in that class, just a subset of people.  That being said, the higher growth rates mean that you can play around a bit more with reclassing.  Certain characters will be better on reclass.  For example, Ryan will welcome an immediate change into Hunter - better movement and better speed.

Don't be afraid to experiment in this game.  If I can draft this game and finish it on H1, you should be able to do just fine on Normal.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

5. Is the concept of reclassing forced here or is it completely optional? Do some units benefit from the re classing?

When I first played this game, I also had a mercenary MU, and I finished it on hard mode with basicly no reclassing (the only reclassing I did was change someone I wasn't using to cavelier for one chapter, because he needed the extra movement to recruit someone in time). So I wouldn't say it's really forced.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Make sure both characters take part in the same chapter.  That's it!

Ok....and to unlock the support, what needs to happen? Stand them adjacent or something? I'm not getting this....does it not matter if they don't stay close to each other or something?

Also, I forgot to ask a couple of questions. Now even though I selected Casual(because I'm paranoid so sue me!) Does this game have in built save states?

Also, What objectives are to be expected for this game's chapters?( although I can probably guess that its going to be just seize right?)

EDIT: One last thing. What's the name of the attack song that plays during the prologues during player phrase? Its so damn catchy!

Edited by Harvey

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

2. Does this game have good balance in that you can use whomever you want to use or are you sadly forced to use specific good units?

I honestly believe FE12 is even worse than FE6 in the regard of "Unit X outclasses Unit Y in every concievable way", and I swear that I'm not trying to defend FE6 with this statement. ;) On lower difficulties, it's certainly possible to use low-tier units (I actually started a H1 run a few weeks ago, and Fighter!Yubello is doing... well, not great, but still OK :D ), but a good part of the later recruits are just worse version of what you already have.

3. I did the following for my unit creation

I don't think it's even possible to "ruin" Kris. Even as an archer or mage, they're still a good archer or mage, even without the Fortune bonuses. It's just that more optimal builds are ridiculously good. The answers you chose probably weren't optimal ("Merchant's child", if that's what you chose, gives Luck and Resistance, so I'd say it's the least valuable option), but Mercenary->Hero is a pretty strong class, so I'm convinced you'll be fine.

It's not obligatory, but it's certainly a powerful tool. For example, if you reclass your peg knights into cavaliers for a map where flight doesn't help, they can instantly use the Lady Sword which is basically a female-exclusive E-rank silver sword. Or when you promote your healer, there's no reason not to make them a sage instead a bishop because both the stats and the Tome rank are better. And when you promote your mages, the bishop class can be advantageous because gives a higher staff rank. There's a bunch of really good and helpful options, even if none of them are required to beat the game.

Note that until you've beaten the game on H1, reclassing is restricted. Basically, male unit classes are seperated into two sets, and a unit can only reclass within its own set. For example, your Merc!MU has no reclassing option that allows them to keep the Sword rank, since Cavalier and Myrmidon are part of the other class set (not that this makes Mercenary a bad choice - it's still a good class on its own). You can check the class sets here on the main site.

34 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Ok....and to unlock the support, what needs to happen? Stand them adjacent or something? I'm not getting this....does it not matter if they don't stay close to each other or something?

Nothing more needs to happen. ;) The support requirements is "field both units", so when you field them simultaniously a couple times, the support bonus will unlock. Here's a list of the potential support partners.

However, not every support has conversations attached to it - MU has a convo chain with every other unit in the game, but other than that, only a few pairs with an already established connection (for example, the Whitewings with each others and with Minerva) can talk to each other. To make things worse, I don't think that the convos are triggered at the same time that the bonuses kick in.

Oh, and the conversations are available in the battle preparations, so don't worry about missing them.

Does this game have in built save states?

It does, with the exception of the shortest maps (which includes most of the prologue). Basically, most chapters have one-use save points, which allows you to save when you move a unit on them. Saving does take the unit's action, so that might occasionally be an issue.

Also, What objectives are to be expected for this game's chapters?( although I can probably guess that its going to be just seize right?)

The prologue is completely Rout, and so are a few Gaiden chapters. Otherwise, the final map and one Gaiden are Kill Boss, but yep, the whole main story consists of Seize maps. Marth will have a lot of ground to cover, especially since he's also the only one who can visit villages and there is no rescue command.

Edited by ping

29 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Also, I forgot to ask a couple of questions. Now even though I selected Casual(because I'm paranoid so sue me!) Does this game have in built save states?

EDIT: One last thing. What's the name of the attack song that plays during the prologues during player phrase? Its so damn catchy!

1. Just have them participate, that is all, no standing near each other

2. If you played Shadow Dragon it kinda has the same system, where there is a save or two mid-map

3. Mostly Seize, a few route. I'll give you a heads up though, if you want all the gaiden chapters, then don't lose anyone in the prologue, otherwise the main site here has a list of all the requirements, just completing the prologue without losing anyone guarantees them.

4. It's called Days of Training (it's alright, but I prefer the main battle theme)

6 hours ago, ping said:

but a good part of the later recruits are just worse version of what you already have.

So its not like in FE7 where prepromotes are stronger than the unpromotes or in FE6 where the prepromotes serve their purposes?

So units like Ryan > than the prepromote version?

EDIT: So I managed to beat all the prologues....and now the real thing begins. Still have no idea what I'll end up with from this point on.

Btw, are archers good in this game?

Edited by Harvey

Well, it's not a unbreakable law, just a strong trend. Ryan is indeed better than the other archers/snipers, Malliesia (ch.1 cleric) is better than Yumina (ch.3, although the difference between them is minor outside of Malliesia's Hammerne access), Ogma is better than Caesar... But of course there are exceptions - Samto (ch.6 myrm) is worse than Radd (6x), who is still worse than Nabarl (ch.7).

But in general, units that join after like chapter 10 are mostly very underwhelming, including most of the (later) prepromotes. For example, Roshea, who joins in ch.19 as a level 8 paladin and has considerably worse stats than Luke as a 15/1 paladin - at a point of the game where your team probably averages around Lv.10 (promoted, of course). I mean, you can make Roshea work with a few statboosters, but there is very little incentive to do so when basically unit that you have used seriously up until this point outclasses him.

Admittedly, Roshea is close to the "horrible" end of the spectrum and there are some units, both prepromoted and unpromoted, that do reasonably well despite coming pretty late. Jeorge, for example, can live off the fact that he comes with the legendary bow and the rank to use it for some time before tethering out at some point. Or Cain, who still joins early enough to be on par with your team and has pretty awesome growth rates as well. But the game still has a significant number of units that are just bad, or would have been good (or at least temporarily useful) if they had joined like 10 chapters earlier.

I don't want to talk you out of using units you like, though. On normal difficulty, even most bad units should be able to hold their own. You just have to accept that they either need a lot of love to raise them (like Est, or Fighter!Yubello ;) ) or have low stats for both their level and their join time.

5 hours ago, Harvey said:

So its not like in FE7 where prepromotes are stronger than the unpromotes or in FE6 where the prepromotes serve their purposes?

So units like Ryan > than the prepromote version?

Ryan is flat out one of the best unit in the game actually

The general rule of FE12 is that, if they are alvailable early they are likely good. Only exception is Mages where Merrric and Etzel arrives mid game, but is as potent as Linde in their area

Only on hard difficulty, which is Maniac and above. i can tell you that perfect clear of 4x in harder diff without Palla is damn near impossible without specific decision since you don't have enough time to grow your units. The reason why Palla is specifically the one i mentioned is because you need a competent Flier to rush towards rescuing an ally. Males can't become flier before promotion, and majority of your good early units are Male. The only way to achieve it without Palla is by promoting your early Altean units and/or Kris with Chapter 3 Master Seals, as a Dracoknight and proceed to rush ahead

The rest can be handled by being clever at using the game's mechanic to your advantage. Make full use of Archers. Excaliburs. Staves. Forge on effective weapon. If a map looks bullshit, just Rescue Staff Again cheese it. No shame in doing it - the worst kind of resource is the one you don't use. Archers is stupidly good in this game, way better than it have been compared to the rest of the series. The Ai is also predictable as all hell

4. I selected normal difficulty. Is it going to be a breeze due to getting one super unit that cheeses the rest of the game?

Normal is indeed, really easy. The strongest units in FE12 is more reliant on growth and is defined by how easy it is for them to snowball of their growth. Palla, Kris, Catria, Caeda are all stupidly strong. Excalibur Mages is stupidly good due to their ease of getting EXP before transitioning into healer with nuke potential. Staves such as Rescue, Fortify etc is hilariously broken and you can use these to outright destroy the challenge of late game even in Lunatic.

its optional, but Swordmaster and Sniper reclass is particularly strong due to Auto C Rank on their weapon.  Draug is probably the only unit whose entire worth comes from Reclassing - no reclass Draug and reclass Draug is world apart in their potency as a unit

@ping in fairness honestly the best Archers in 12 isn't even archers lol(Luke(and Draug) is probably the best Archer in this game, and the only Archer in the series that is better than him is the monster that is original Mystery Gordin and Jeorge, and he's a cavalier naturally)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

in fairness honestly the best Archers in 12 isn't even archers lol(Luke is probably the best Archer in this game, and the only Archer in the series that is better than him is the monster that is original Mystery Gordin and Jeorge, and he's a cavalier naturally)

You're right, of couse. :D I just tried to keep reclassing mostly out of the comparisons, even though I always play Ryan as a myrm and usually Luke as a hunter.

On normal mode, you can get away with basically everything. The early game is similar to hard mode, but the game gets progressively easier. By the endgame, your units will completely overpower the enemies thanks to the generally high growth rates. Reclassing is not neccessary on that difficulty, but you can absolotely use it to make your units even more absurd than they already are.

On maniac and above, your options are much more limited. As already stated, almost everyone who joins after chapter 10 is completely unusable. For lunatic, you also need to now a bit about enemy AI behaviour and how to use the reclass system to its fullest potential, otherwise you most likely won't get past the first few chapters.

The posters above me praised the archers in this game. Just to clarify, bows are indeed a very good weapon type in new mystery, but the archer class itself is bad. Their movement is worse than a knight's and they have bad base stats. If you want a bow use, reclass them to hunter. After promotion, you can choose between sniper and horseman depending on the map. Horseman is the best endgame class of the game thanks to its good stat caps in a game where your really need to reach those caps. Sniper has the advantage of coming with instant C rank in bows, so even a unit with no bow training can simply reclass to sniper and shoot things with a killer bow. 

Edited by FiboSai

13 minutes ago, FiboSai said:

On normal mode, you can get away with basically everything. The early game is similar to hard mode, but the game gets progressively easier. By the endgame, your units will completely overpower the enemies thanks to the generally high growth rates. Reclassing is not neccessary on that difficulty, but you can absolotely use it to make your units even more absurd than they already are.

On maniac and above, your options are much more limited. As already stated, almost everyone who joins after chapter 10 is completely unusable. For lunatic, you also need to now a bit about enemy AI behaviour and how to use the reclass system to its fullest potential, otherwise you most likely won't get past the first few chapters.

The posters above me praised the archers in this game. Just to clarify, bows are indeed a very good weapon type in new mystery, but the archer class itself is bad. Their movement is worse than a knight's and they have bad base stats. If you want a bow use, reclass them to hunter. After promotion, you can choose between sniper and horseman depending on the map. Horseman is the best endgame class of the game thanks to its good stat caps in a game where your really need to reach those caps. Sniper has the advantage of coming with instant C rank in bows, so even a unit with no bow training can simply reclass to sniper and shoot things with a killer bow. 

Yup, its really mainly because of how easy it is for them to reach Sniper in this game and Bow being naturally good helping them out. In other games, you don't you know, have a Dracoknight shows up in chapter 2 that instantly levels you up when you one shot them. 5 mov and base stats so bad, that when they promote they become monstrous is still a thing

Mind i haven't played this game on Maniac and below, but on Lunatic they get some extra value from being fprced to be used for chip damage so their EXP rate is even higher

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

9 hours ago, FiboSai said:

As already stated, almost everyone who joins after chapter 10 is completely unusable.

Ok so just to be clear, if I chose classic(which I haven't thank god) chose a harder difficulty(which I haven't thank god) and accepted to let some of the horse units I got earlier die, then the replacements that I get would be worse than the ones that I got earlier?

If that's the case, then how does it do justice to the game balance? I mean the reason why FE7's prepromotes are good is because if your other units are dead, they are suppose to make the game avoid being unwinnable. How does that work here?

Of all these horse units, which one is better? Rody, Luke or Cecil? And is it a good idea to use them all?

The game has a huge number of recruitables - 46 even before chapter 11, and 77 in total (although four of those are just some staffbots that you recruit during the final chapter). Despite the number of crappy units, running out of potentially good units is not an issue.

I'm sure that the game will punish you if you let your best units die, though - the strongest units in this game are actually (early-joining) growth units, so letting your trained units die would put you at a big disadvantage since you'll have to train up another one at a point of the game where you could have a couple of very powerful characters.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Of all these horse units, which one is better? Rody, Luke or Cecil? And is it a good idea to use them all?

I like Luke the best, if only because I prefer a Sword rank over Lances on my male characters. Statwise, he's the Power Cav to Rody's Skl/Spd Cav, with the addition that in total, his bases are a bit higher and his growths a bit lower than Rody's. Cecil is more similar to Rody, but even faster and more frail than the dudes. She has the niche that she can reclass to Peg knight before promotion (making her even faster and frailer :D ), but tbh, I never found that too useful when there's Arran (the Jagen of the game) and Sirius (another prepromote, who unlike Arran has amazing growth rates) are around and can reclass to Dracoknight to use the one additional reclass slot you have for Pegs/Dracos early on.

Most of the time, I only use one or two unit of the 7th platoon (plus the avatar, of course), so that I can concentrate more XP into them during the prologue. I don't know if that's the most effective way to do this, but I don't think it's a bad idea, especially since you'll have a number of really strong units joining very early in the game - Catria (chapter 2), Palla (chapter 3), and Sirius (chapter 4) are probably the best non-MU units in the game, and a lot of the other early joiners still rank somewhere between "average" and "very good".

Cecil is useful as a Pegasusknight because of her status as a flier more than anything else

FE12 is one of few games where a unit that dies in one hit and deals 0 damage to everything is stupidly useful. Shes actually involved in a sort of cheese strats of chapter 1 Lunatic as Pegasus 

That said the best usage for the early altean is use 1-2 of them. I think all of them are overall top rate in this game. But the optimal usage is just to use 1-2(maybe 3) because unit slot in FE12 can be weirdly strict and its better to focus your early game exp on 2 units instead of 4

As of chapter 1 the best choice overall is Luke > Ryan > Draug > Rody > Cecile 

Rody base stats is kinda terrible and he had a rather redundant weapon since Caeda Palla and Catria all wields Lance

Cecile is in a weird position where i dont think shes all that great but shes kinda the most useful since Pegasus Cecile is useful

Draug have worse overall growth than Luke and Rody but he is basically a free training version of them. Of course he need to reclass to Pirate or Hunter because knight sucks

Beated chapter 2, somehow skipped the thief holding a lady sword....:>_<:

In Chapter 3 and I noticed the boss holding Tarus I think....I'm guessing its needed to get the best ending.

Managed to get Ryan to around lv 6. 

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Beated chapter 2, somehow skipped the thief holding a lady sword....:>_<:

In Chapter 3 and I noticed the boss holding Tarus I think....I'm guessing its needed to get the best ending.

Managed to get Ryan to around lv 6. 

Yeah you need all 12 of them, and several other Orbs for the best ending

The only one that would be noticably missable are from Thieves, so if you keep attention to thieves on map you shouldn't miss them

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The only one that would be noticably missable are from Thieves, so if you keep attention to thieves on map you shouldn't miss them

There's another one on a dragon on the Lava map who is a bit out of the way to the throne. But yeah, otherwise, kill all the thieves, open all the chests, and visit all the villages and you should be fine.

31 minutes ago, ping said:

There's another one on a dragon on the Lava map who is a bit out of the way to the throne. But yeah, otherwise, kill all the thieves, open all the chests, and visit all the villages and you should be fine.

Also, make sure to recruit all characters, some of them are holding an orb. The most notable are in chapter 8 (you need to recruit that character with Gordin or Marth), chapter 9 (visit the village with Marth) and chapter 10 (you need to recruit the character in question with Wendel, Marth won't work here).

Beaten chapter 3 and 3x and got Linde and Ryan to good levels i think thanks to boss abuse.

But Palla....god. She has already good bases with such a high level and Catria while being at a lower level compared to her is still decent. Just makes me wonder why Palla isn't as good in Echoes instead of here....

EDIT: So I got Yubello and his sister as well as Camus er I mean Sirius. How good are they? And I think Ogma is good enough.

Also, of all the three fliers, who's the best? Palla, Catria or Sheeda/Ceada?

In chapter 6 now. Any tips?

Edited by Harvey

On 22.11.2017 at 7:21 PM, Harvey said:

EDIT: So I got Yubello and his sister as well as Camus er I mean Sirius. How good are they? And I think Ogma is good enough.

Yubello is really bad. His base magic is actually negative - the Mage class has 3 mage at base, so Yubello's base magic is -2. He does kinda OK (still not good though) if you reclass him into a fighter or maybe pirate, but that isn't possible until you've beaten the game on H1 difficulty.

Yumina is alright. She's not too different from Malliesia, but with a later jointime and without access to the Hammerne staff (although you don't have to train Malliensia to use that). I'd say she's pretty good as a staff user, just not quite as good as Malliesia because of her head start.

"Sirius" is really good. His base stats aren't that great for a promoted unit (most growth units will have higher stats than Sirius at base if you promote them around level 15), but he's an immediate upgrade compared to Arran and his growths are really high, so he's very good long-term, as well. For what it's worth, you'll have to field him in the final chapter for reasons that will be made apparent, so it's helpful (although not obligatory) to have him at a high level.

Ogma's just a pretty good unit in general. Good bases, good Sword rank, good growths.

About the fliers: Palla and Catria are the two best units in the game, except for an optimized Kris I guess. Palla's base stats are disgustingly good, and her growths are really high as well, except for her speed (30% as a peg knight, lower as anything else), but that doesn't matter since her speed base is very high. Catria isn't quite as good initially, but her growths are very good in every area. Shiida isn't as good as she was in FE11 because her Wing Spear isn't effective against 95% of the game anymore, but she's still quite decent - her speed is ridiculous (95% growth as a pegasus) and her promotion to Dracoknight helps her greatly with her Str and durability issues. So basically, not as domineeringly powerful as Catria and Palla, but still good.
(tl;dr: I'd definitely recommend using both Palla and Catria. You can't really have too many flyers in this game)
(also, you can find an Elysian Whip in chapter 11 - the desert map - which allows a pegasus knight to promote into Falcoknight instead of Dracoknight. I like to hold off Catria's promotion until then because I like the higher speed cap as a Falcoknight, but I do not know how impactful those three points are on normal difficulty)

A forged Javelin is helpful to take out the two bishops in the NE of the room.
There will be quite a few reinforcements from the southern entrance, so be careful if you send your thief off alone to collect the chests.
Do collect the chests though, since there's an Orb in one of them.
Navarre starts right behind the door the the left, so make sure you have either Shiida or Ogma in range to recruit him before opening that door. Otherwise, the doors are relatively harmless to enter - there's just Navarre to the left and one lonely mage to the right. The bulk of the hidden troops are in the center, in a safe distance from both the doors.
If you haven't recruited Rickard, you have another chance in this chapter (unless you killed him, of course). There's a gaiden chapter upcoming, and you'll either have to recruit (and keep alive) Rickard or finish this map in 20 turns to access it.

Beaten chapter 3 and 3x and got Linde and Ryan to good levels i think thanks to boss abuse.

But Palla....god. She has already good bases with such a high level and Catria while being at a lower level compared to her is still decent. Just makes me wonder why Palla isn't as good in Echoes instead of here....

Ninjad by Ping...

I think Yumina is often better than Mallesia. She has better bases and generally better growth, except for Magic. Mallesia has the obvious advantage of being able to use the Hammerne staff later, but Yumina will have better survivability because she won't be doubled.

The main reason Sirius is good is because you can reclass him into many good classes depending on the chapter, such as Dracoknight, Sniper, Swordmaster, Paladin and General (not all of them will be available to you since you have not beaten the game yet though).

Palla and Catria are supperior to Sheeda because of their join time. If you use both of them extensively, they will have a massive lead on Sheeda when you finally recruit her. Sheeda is needed to recruit certain characters later, such as in chapter 6 and chapter 8.

Now in Chapter 8, got some buddies, ladies you name it and got some star pieces a total of 6.

Couple of questions.

1. Right now, the 6 pieces hardly give good bonuses so who benefits from whom?

2. I didn't bother to kill Astram in chapter 7. Am I suppose to? If not, then how to recruit him?

3. I got Radd and Navarre and while I think I know who is the better of them, why can myrmidons crit as much as they should here? How come the crit isn't coming above 50 even even with a killing edge(I thought Navarre will be like Rutger doing boss kills but what!?!?).

4. Ok...when to promote? Got Catria and Palla close to lv 15 now and a lot of units have high skill and speed at this point? What's the cap limit btw?

5. Radd and Ceaser...who's better?

6. In the long run, are Frey and Norme worth compared to Luke/Rody and Ryan?

7. Ok this may just be me, but when will it be a point that you start to encounter tough enemies or atleast enemies that hold a challenge?

I never really bother to optimize the orb distribution for each chapter, so I don't really have good advice on that one.

2 - Yeah, don't kill him. He's recruitable much later (chapter 16, methinks) if you let him live. It's possible to farm some XP off of his buddies, though - you'll have some more opportunity to do so since Astram will keep harassing you for a couple chapters. IMO, it's worthwhile if you can use a map save before engaging them (just in case ;) ), but it's not a problem if you just avoid them.

3 - The Killing Edge only has 20 crit instead of the 30 is usually gives. Other than that, unpromoted Myrms should have the similar crit rates than in other games - Rutger only gets his additional +30 crit after promotion. However, Swordmasters do not have extra crit in this either - they only have +10 avoid (which is pretty shitty given that dodge tanking will still not be reliable), Berserkers have +10 crit, and Snipers get +5 hit and +5 crit. All not very substantial, unfortuately.
The real advantage of Swordmasters is their innate weapon rank (they have a base rank of C, so they can wield Armorslayers, Wyrmslayers, and Levin Swords at base) and their high speed which will allow them to double more enemies higher difficulties. On normal mode (where it's easier to double enemies) and without reclassing, I don't think they're that great.

4- Level 15 is usually a good point for promotion. As I mentioned, you can hold off Catria's promotion until after chapter 11 to promote her to a Falcoknight, but otherwise, there's no big gain to hold off promotions for too long. As far as I can tell, XP gain for promoted units is higher than in other games, so it's more effective to collect the promotion bonuses early.

5- Eh, neither of them is that good, I'm afraid. Caesar is still the better of the two, but he's still only an average unit.

6- They both have similar potential as other units in their classes, but come underleveled. I'd say this is a bigger problem for Norne than for Frey, but Luke, Rody, and Ryan are still better than them just because of the XP lead that they most likely have.

7- On harder difficulties. :P Well, you'll encounter more Dragons soon, and wild Wyverns can be pretty rage-inducing (especially when they come as ambush spawns. Does Normal Mode have those? I never played it.)

53 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Now in Chapter 8, got some buddies, ladies you name it and got some star pieces a total of 6.

Couple of questions.

1. Right now, the 6 pieces hardly give good bonuses so who benefits from whom?

2. I didn't bother to kill Astram in chapter 7. Am I suppose to? If not, then how to recruit him?

3. I got Radd and Navarre and while I think I know who is the better of them, why can myrmidons crit as much as they should here? How come the crit isn't coming above 50 even even with a killing edge(I thought Navarre will be like Rutger doing boss kills but what!?!?).

4. Ok...when to promote? Got Catria and Palla close to lv 15 now and a lot of units have high skill and speed at this point? What's the cap limit btw?

5. Radd and Ceaser...who's better?

6. In the long run, are Frey and Norme worth compared to Luke/Rody and Ryan?

7. Ok this may just be me, but when will it be a point that you start to encounter tough enemies or atleast enemies that hold a challenge?

I've been away for far too long.

So, everyone in this topic: THIS IS A NORMAL RUN.  That means TC doesn't need a fully optimized team.  I could do a run featuring nothing but my favorite characters, and stomp the game flat.  So. . .

1. Check the enemy stats before the map starts.  You may need to do a bit of math to figure out what goes where, but in general, defense boosters on your front-line units, speed boosts on whoever's short of doubling, and attack boosts on units who can't quite ORKO.

2. Nope.  The game will tell you when he's recruitable.  I think it will also tell you who to bring along, too.

3. You'll need a bunch of supports and a Swordmaster for that.  However, you should be able to kill your enemies without crits.  Navarre will outclass Radd.

4. If a number is green, it's capped.  Of the two, Palla appreciates a promotion into Dracoknight.

5. Caesar, but neither of them are outstanding.

6. No.

7. Chapter 9 is where things get a little strange.  Chapter 12-14 is where things get really tough.