It’s true! Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light, the first game in the Fire Emblem series, is coming to Nintendo Switch officially in English! Don’t believe us? See for yourself with this trailer below.
What a great way to celebrate the series’ 30th anniversary. Here’s a breakdown on what we know (supplemented via press release):
- Available digitally on Nintendo eShop in North America and Europe starting December 4th (no mention of a Japanese launch)
- Launch price of $5.99 USD
- Supports English and Japanese languages
- New features: Rewind to previous turns, fast forward through player & enemy actions, create and load bookmarks
- A physical Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition will also release ($49.99 USD, no mention of a European launch), containing:
- Digital download code
- Deluxe 222-page hardback art book, Legacy of Archanea (or Legend of Archanea)
- Replica Game Pak art piece
- Replica game box with instruction booklet, protective sleeve, and world map
- Mini Nintendo Power retro collectible
- Both the digital game and the physical Anniversary Edition are said to be available for a limited time (until March 31st, 2021)
- Check out the game’s official site for more
In Japan, Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light is already available on the Nintendo Switch Online – Famicom games library, the full game and two special versions commemorating the 30th anniversary. The sequel Mystery of the Emblem was also recently released on the service.