While our schedule gave us a heads up that some new heroes were coming, I certainly didn’t expect this. Say hello to Ylgr, Surtr and Hrid, in the upcoming Fire and Ice banner.
Of course, a new Paralogue comes with it, bringing forth orb quests and thus, more chances to summon one of these literal polar opposites. What’s unique about these opposites is their batch of skills, of which a couple if interesting looking A skills look inheritable, not to mention their rather potent looking weaponry. What’s also interesting is that this is the first banner since launch to only feature two Heroes.
Fire and Ice, with its two Heroes and Paralogue chapters, kicks off on November 20 at 11p PT. Fans of the Japanese trailer can view it here.
For more info on their Skills, click Read More.
Ylgr: Fresh Snowfall, a Blue Dagger Infantry
- 14 Mt | 2 Rng
- Grants Speed +3. At start of combat, if unit’s Spd > foe’s Spd, grants Atk/Spd +4 during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res -7 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions.
- Glimmer  (Special)
- Sorcery Blade 3 (A)
- At start of combat, if unit is adjacent to a magic ally, calculates damage using the lower of foe’s Def or Res.
- Chill Spd 3 (B)
- Spd Tactic 3 (C)
Surtr: Ruler of Flame, a Green Axe Armor
- 16 Mt | 1 Rng
- Grants Def +3. At start of turn, deals 20 damage to foes within 2 spaces.
- Bonfire  (Special)
- Steady Stance 4 (A)
- If foe initiats combat, grants Def +8 during combat and inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)
- Wary Fighter 3 (B)
- Surtr’s Menace (C)
- At start of turn, if unit is within 2 spaces of a foe, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 for 1 turn and inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -4 on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions.