After a somewhat lengthy maintenance period, the Version 2.5 Update is now live in Fire Emblem Heroes! The game will prompt you to go to the Play Store or App Store to download the update the next time you load it up.
Heroes already shared information about of many of the update’s changes in last week’s Update Notification. However, you can take a look further below for a look at some details, including the new weapon refine options available for Camilla, Clair, and Male Corrin. Squad Assault 10 is also now available.
Additionally, the game is also giving all Heroes players a Thanks For Playing Gift! You can pick up the gift from Feh at your earliest convenience. It includes:
- 4★ Takumi: Wild Card
- 13,200 Hero Feathers
- Assorted Badges: 60 Scarlet, 30 Azure, 30 Verdant, 60 Transparent
- Assorted Shards: 20,432 Scarlet, 10,216 Azure, 10,216 Azure, 20,432 Transparent
These gifts are meant to compensate existing players for incoming changes to the game’s tutorial content. If you have already upgraded any starting heroes to 4★, this functions as reimbursement. Otherwise, you now have the materials to do so for free.
Click on the Read More link to take a details look at the Version 2.5 Update contents, or load up the game and take a look for yourself!
5★ Clair now has access to the lance Rhomphaia, and 5★ Camilla now has Camilla’s Axe.
- Rhomphaia: Might 16. Effective against armored and cavalry foes.
- Camilla’s Axe: If unit is within 2 spaces of a cavalry or flying ally, grants Atk/Spd +4 during combat.
Additionally, both of these weapons, as well as Male Corrin’s Yato, can be further upgraded in the Weapon Refinery. Each weapon has a unique upgrade, listed below:
- Rhomphaia: If unit’s Spd – foe’s Spd ≥ 1, unit gains Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (If using other similar skill, only highest value applied.)
- Camilla’s Axe: Grants Atk/Spd+3 to cavalry and flying allies within 2 spaces during combat.
- Yato: Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2. If unit is within 2 spaces of support partner, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 to that ally during combat.
As usual, you can also take the simple Mt/Spd/Def/Res boost upgrades as well.
Furthermore, Chrom, Lucina, and Masked Marth all now have access to the Sealed Falchion via the Refinery as well. This weapon originally appeared with Chrom: Knight Exalt.
The most extensive changes this update are for the Arena. Maximum Arena Chains will go down to a total of five battles instead of seven. Offensive Rewards are scrapped completely and will be replaced with Chain Rewards.
Players will have the opportunity to win Chain Rewards once each season by completing a full chain of five battles. These rewards include: 3,000 Hero Feathers, 100 Arena Medals, 10 Sacred Coins, 1 Orb, and 10 Refining Stones.
Additionally, Arena Bonus Allies will receive a stat boost, just like they do in Tempest Trials. Any Bonus Allies you use in your team will gain HP+10 and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4. These boosts will not affect your Arena match-ups and scoring, nor will they apply to the enemies you fight.
Defense and Tier Rewards remain the same. Additionally, Arena Assault still requires a full seven battles to complete a chain.
Many changes have been made to the opening tutorial of the game to help ease new players into Heroes.
Most notably, Takumi: Wild Card now appears in Preface 2 of the Tutorial, in place of Virion. Virion instead joins the player via the Barracks along with Raigh and Matthew after the map is completed. Furthermore, all starting heroes (Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Takumi, Virion, Matthew, and Raigh) join at 4★ instead of 2★.
Other changes also include rebalancing enemy stats, auto-battle availability, and Training Tower availability.
Tap Battle Updates:
For future Tap Battles, new Extra Stages will appear starting on Day 4 after all 100 regular stages have been added. Presumably this will give players more incentive to play after they’ve reached the end.
Additionally, heroes that participate in Tap Battle are now able to earn Hero Merit for completing stages. This change is already in effect for the current Tap Battle.
Rival Domains Updates:
Enemy Brigades have been revamped. They include 40 heroes instead of 20, so fewer duplicates will appear, and enemy composition is no longer randomized for each instance. Also, enemies no longer attack immediately after warping.
Miscellaneous QoL & UI Enchancements:
- Players can finally toggle on/off Enemy Phase music in the setting screen.
- Heroes will keep any EXP and SP they earned during a battle even if they’re KOed.
- EXP and SP is no longer halved when replaying completed maps.
- Skill descriptions have been revamped to be more consistent.
- There is another new option in the Settings menu: Foe/Ally Auto-Battle Movement. It will let you control how much movement is shown on screen for AI-controlled characters, such as enemy units or when playing via auto-battle. Choose “Guided” for more detailed movement, and “Simple” for less.
- Movies will no longer appear when summoning heroes from the original batch of Summoning Focuses. You can still view these movies within the Misc. screen, if you wish.
- Many buttons have been altered to look slightly different, such as the Auto Battle button in combat. Some buttons are also darker and more contrasted.
- The update loading characters have been changed. Instead of displaying the first batch of focus heroes, they now show an assortment of Brave and Legendary Heroes.