Prepare yourselves! Fire Emblem Cipher will be heating up the summer when the Japanese trading card game releases its newest booster expansion of cards on June 25th.
This year has already brought topics like the Series 20 booster release and the eventual conclusion to the card game, and as always, we will continue to share updates all about Cipher!
Here’s everything we know so far about the second expansion of the year coming soon, including confirmed characters, when to expect new reveals, and where to import products.
The Twitter account for the print magazine Dengeki Nintendo has published details of a new promotional card of Edelgard from Three Houses for the Japanese trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher, scheduled to be bundled alongside their June 2020 issue releasing April 21st.
The sample image of the new Edelgard promo card provided by the Twitter account for Dengeki Nintendo, illustrated by Megumi Nagahama.
As the card will enter circulation very soon, a dedicated post for it from the official Cipher Twitter account sharing the same information can be anticipated in the near future.
For avid collectors, we can confirm that the particular magazine issue bundling the exclusive promo card is already able to be ordered via Amazon JP, which allows for international shipping to regions outside of Japan. Additional details about the new issue, such as its cover and other contents, are currently unavailable, but it will likely come with two copies of the card like all past magazine promos.
Welcome to a very short and sweet recap of an urgent livestream broadcast from today about Fire Emblem Cipher, the Japanese trading card game.
In case you’ve not yet heard, Cipher will be seeing its final product release this October with the Series 22 booster, and will see no more future sets after that.
This broadcast was shared chiefly to address surrounding plans with the card game which can already be found on the official site, but we’ll touch on them again quickly before sharing additional news which just surfaced.
The project team behind the Japanese trading card game Fire Emblem Cipher has officially announced that the Series 22 booster coming this October will be the very last expansion to ever release, ending Cipher‘s five-year run since it started in 2015.
In a few hours from now, Intelligent Systems will host a livestream (which you may watch here) to discuss their remaining forthcoming events to be held this year in further detail. Additional details from this show will be reported in a new post later today. For now, this page appears to list all of the main events to come and when they will happen:
- Across Japan! Exchange Tour — June-October 2020 (to be held at seven venues)
- 3rd Hero-King Grand Prix — August 2020 (note: this was originally scheduled for March, but was canceled due to public health concerns)
- The National Qualifiers — November 2020 (note: this series of events was originally scheduled for April-May, but appears to have been delayed)
- The National Championship Finals — December 2020 (note: like the qualifiers, this too is traditionally held earlier in the year)
- Everyone’s Cipher Meeting — December 2020 (a banquet-type event for Cipher and Fire Emblem fans)
For fans interested in ordering up the newest booster boxes from overseas, we can recommend AmiAmi as a vendor:
- Series 19 (Three Houses and Genealogy of the Holy War)
- Series 20 (Fates, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn)
- Series 21 (Three Houses, Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, and Heroes)
Stay tuned later today for a recap of today’s show.