The next Fire Emblem Heroes update is nearly upon us; Version 6.4.0 is scheduled for 5th or 6th April 2022 depending on your timezone.
You can check out the update notes via the official website, although we’ll also paraphrase them for reference purposes.
Five more Heroes will benefit from new weapon skills/upgrades.
- Aversa’s Night – Aversa
- Hawk King Claw – Tibarn
- Sylgr – Ylgr
- Foxkit Fang – Selkie
- Veðrfölnir’s Egg – Spring Veronica
Arena Assault will be renamed “Arena Assault+” starting from the season beginning 12th April. The following changes will apply:
- The tactical retreat feature will be added. If you lose or surrender during a chain of battles, you can perform a tactical retreat up to two times per chain. Doing so will not effect your score. There is no limit per season.
- Dragonflowers will be added as rewards. They’ll be added to the existing rewards, plus you can earn Dragonflowers according to your performance.
- A chain reward will be added that gifts Dragonflowers for your first, second and third win in a row per season.
The Bonus Heroes in the Arena will be updated. With the season beginning 19th April, certain Bonus Heroes that have been available for a while will be swapped out on a weekly basis. Meanwhile, recently released New/Special/Legendary/Mythic Heroes will continue to be swapped out on a biweekly basis.
The Bonus Preview notification will be shared each week instead of every two weeks.
New Memento Event(s) will be added.
After the version update, new events will award Divine Codes (Ephemera 4), which can be exchanged for:
- 5-star: Young Marth and Picnic Felicia
- 4-star: Hinata, Halloween Sophi, Tailtiu, Ross and Luthier
Hex Trap and False Hex Trap will be added. The (real) Hex Trap has the following effect:
If foe ends movement on this structure’s space and foe’s HP <= X, cancels the foe’s attack, Assist skill, etc. and ends that foe’s action. (Magic traps cannot be disarmed by Disarm Trap skills.) X = structure’s level × 5 + 35.
As of Version 6.4.0, the Hex Trap can be upgraded to Level 4.
New songs will be added to the Concert Hall in the Aether Resort.
- “A New Journey” (Mystery of the Emblem)
- “Serenity” (Shadows of Valentia)
A new Captain Skill will be added.
Mass Confusion: Grants Atk+5 to captain during combat. At start of turns 2-5, if any foe is adjacent to another foe, inflicts Atk/Def/Res-7 on that foe through its next action.
It’ll be available from the season beginning 12th April.
The Favor Level cap will be increased to 1,800. Again, the change will take place from 12th April.
The Ebon Summoner can be increased to Level 5.
The following freebie Heroes will be added to the Grail shop.
- Valentine’s Lissa (Tempest Trials)
- Gonzalez (Grand Hero Battle)
The Merge Allies menu will be updated to prevent players from accidentally merging a lower-rarity Hero into a higher-rarity one (therefore, losing out on the +1 merge bonus). In the example shown, a player is trying to merge a 4-star Takumi into a 5-star one.
The artwork for Desert Azura (and Leanne) will be updated, so Leanne has her Heron-like ears. Although some Hero artwork has been changed before, this is the first time the FE Heroes team have shown a before-and-after. That said, the change is relatively subtle (the ear in the new artwork is slightly obscured by her hair).